User Tag List

First 917181920 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Everyone has done something to put themselves into the "dick" category at some point. Gates has become a better person, at least that's how it looks from the outside (he's giving away 90% of his fortune). From the outside, it doesn't look like Jobs had any personal growth. If anything, he became more eccentric and more of a "dick" as the years went on.
    Oh, I agree.
    I'm just sayin'.... I think there are better choices than either of them.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Oh, I agree.
    I'm just sayin'.... I think there are better choices than either of them.
    Sure, but very few people talk about Jonas Salk anymore.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Dude Steve Jobs and Bill Gates both trump anything I have even been close to doing in my life. Why does is matter who is more remarkable when both people have clearly surpassed the majority of people. Any time you have someone like Jobs, or Gates die, it is very unfortunate, because we no longer get to see what they will do next.
    This is out and out hero worship. "Surpassed the majority of people?" I don't think they've "surpassed" anyone except in wealth and all of its attendant privileges and foibles.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    To be honest I am kind of sick of the whole, any time someone of status dies, there has to be a huge parade of people who feel it necessary to claim how unaffected they were. I mean even that you could make that you could hate him, clearly he left his mark.
    To be honest, I'm kind of sick of the whole, any time someone of status dies, there has to be a huge parade of people who feel it necessary to claim how affected they were. And I think there are more of them than the haters, who are merely reacting to the absurdity of the mounting accolades.

I don't think anyone who didn't know him personally could "hate" Steve Jobs, but by that same token I don't think they could have loved him all that much either.

Bottom line, I think all of this BS about how he will be missed is fake, unless it were coming from his closest family and friends.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Well, i think you have to take into account the whole. Not just this.
    (Irony)
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

I wept when the last Steve died too. Life is tough when you're named Steve.

MBTI
    ENTP

When I first heard from Steve Jobs's death, I thought "Poor guy - he only recently retired from his work. He never got the time to DO anything CREATIVE!"
    And then I corrected myself - that guy's job was being creative, and he probably loved it... I almost can't imagine that such jobs exist. In my mind, working always gets into the way of something better. Even while I love being a teacher.

I'm jealous.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

if I had any shares of Apple, I would have sold the shit out them by now
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    if I had any shares of Apple, I would have sold the shit out them by now
    It's hard to say. We have to see what Cook (new CEO) does. He was apparently the genius behind Apple's supply chain logistics, so there's no question he's capable as hell. I think everyone's just waiting to see whether he has an ounce of Jobs' vision or creativity. I mean, Microsoft hasn't really been the same since Gates up and decided to go save the world. Apple may become Just Another Tech Company, too.

I think the important question that no one's asking is what's going to become of Pixar. I WILL NOT SUFFER A DECLINE IN THE QUALITY OF MY ANIMATED FEATURE LENGTH ENTERTAINMENT GODDAMNIT!!
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    It's hard to say. We have to see what Cook (new CEO) does. He was apparently the genius behind Apple's supply chain logistics, so there's no question he's capable as hell. I think everyone's just waiting to see whether he has an ounce of Jobs' vision or creativity. I mean, Microsoft hasn't really been the same since Gates up and decided to go save the world. Apple may become Just Another Tech Company, too.

I think the important question that no one's asking is what's going to become of Pixar. I WILL NOT SUFFER A DECLINE IN THE QUALITY OF MY ANIMATED FEATURE LENGTH ENTERTAINMENT GODDAMNIT!!
    if I had any money currently, it would all be in gold, silver, central american farmland and natural gas
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post

Eva!!!!!!!!!!!!

*attempts to hold hands with you in awkward fashion*