User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Just because he doesn't show up on charity lists doesn't mean anything. Since he came back to Apple and became CEO, he insisted on only getting 1 dollar a year. A dollar in annual salary. He's definitely capable of some selflessness. At least enough to paint a picture that makes that article look stupid.
    I wonder how much working for only 1 dollar boosted the value of his stock.

The fact that he doesn't show up on charity lists DOES mean something. Billionaires generally give away so much money that they take a personal interest in some of the charities they give to. Jobs is a glaring exception here. Perhaps you'll like the article below more? Or do your fanboy glasses make everything that judges Jobs unfavorably look "stupid"?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...KRL_story.html

Moreover, Jobs had closed Apple’s philanthropic programs when he returned to the company in 1997 and never reinstated them despite $14 billion in profit last year, the Times reported.
    The evidence is pretty damning.

Gates >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jobs
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Well honestly, that's not saying much. With 3.3 billion dollars, I think a salary would be pretty pointless. He has more money than he could dare to spend.
    It's just as pointless to work for free. I don't think he's a saint or anything, but he's definitely not Mr. Burns either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post

The fact that he doesn't show up on charity lists DOES mean something. Billionaires generally give away so much money that they take a personal interest in some of the charities they give to. Jobs is a glaring exception here. Perhaps you'll like the article below more? Or do your fanboy glasses make everything that judges Jobs unfavorably look "stupid"?

Yeah, I'm a fanboy for simply pointing this out, and typing this shit on a crappy 3 yr old ASUS laptop.

ThatGirl

Regardless, Gates >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jobs
    I can't sleep, so.

Dude Steve Jobs and Bill Gates both trump anything I have even been close to doing in my life. Why does is matter who is more remarkable when both people have clearly surpassed the majority of people. Any time you have someone like Jobs, or Gates die, it is very unfortunate, because we no longer get to see what they will do next.

To be honest I am kind of sick of the whole, any time someone of status dies, there has to be a huge parade of people who feel it necessary to claim how unaffected they were. I mean even that you could make that you could hate him, clearly he left his mark.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Gates >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jobs
    Good Points. I suppose working for $1 a year fooled enough people who didn't do the work to find out the real truth. Me, I didn't see it as being too meaningful in the first place..... so, no fool here.
    I think Kdude is definitely pro-Steve Jobs.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

If you all want me to be a pro-Apple fan so much, how about you get charitable yourself and get me a new MacBook. I'll happily play the fanboy role for you then.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I can't sleep, so.

Dude Steve Jobs and Bill Gates both trump anything I have even been close to doing in my life. Why does is matter who is more remarkable when both people have clearly surpassed the majority of people. Any time you have someone like Jobs, or Gates die, it is very unfortunate, because we no longer get to see what they will do next.

To be honest I am kind of sick of the whole, any time someone of status dies, there has to be a huge parade of people who feel it necessary to claim how unaffected they were. I mean even that you could make that you could hate him, clearly he left his mark.
    It matters because they are celebrities and are idolized. Well, Jobs is idolized. I don't hate Jobs. I just get annoyed that he has been deified by so many people. There are far more deserving people than him, and Bill Gates is one of them.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

I wouldn't necessarily disagree. None of these people need to be deified. And I happen to like Microsoft too. I'm playing a game on an Xbox, and typing on Windows. I'm not sure what more to say, as far as that goes. Heh

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

It matters because they are celebrities and are idolized. Well, Jobs is idolized. I don't hate Jobs. I just get annoyed that he has been deified by so many people. There are far more deserving people than him, and Bill Gates is one of them.
    Bill Gates has also done many things that would put him in the "dick" category with Steve Jobs. He's been no saint. He is doing better now, but that wasn't always the case. He left disaster in his wake.
    Bill Gates is not as popular as Steve Jobs, because he's not as "cool". He doesn't "think different".
    As far as deserving, most of the people who are deserving, we will never notice, because they didn't try to get us to notice them. Never underestimate the power of marketing yourself.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Bill Gates has also done many things that would put him in the "dick" category with Steve Jobs. He's been no saint. He is doing better now, but that wasn't always the case. He left disaster in his wake.
    Bill Gates is not as popular as Steve Jobs, because he's not as "cool". He doesn't "think different".
    Everyone has done something to put themselves into the "dick" category at some point. Gates has become a better person, at least that's how it looks from the outside (he's giving away 90% of his fortune). From the outside, it doesn't look like Jobs had any personal growth. If anything, he became more eccentric and more of a "dick" as the years went by.