User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: Amanda Knox

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    The prosecutor might very well be crazy, like many policemen and police-related people around here, they're often crazy paranoid fascists. That doesn't mean everything doesn't point towards her being at least involved in the murder. Look, just think about it: the only men that was imprisoned has been accused and found guilty of "concorso in omicidio", which roughly means "taking part in a murder (along with other people)". Exactly WHO did he take part in the murder with?
    Who developed the theory that more than one person was involved? A crazy prosecutor, who believes in satanism, perhaps?
    Look, the girl isn't really capable of killing anyone (most people can see that right away), and there was NO MOTIVE beyond satanist fantasy, deus-ex-machina bullshit.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Who developed the theory that more than one person was involved? A crazy prosecutor, who believes in satanism, perhaps?
    Look, the girl isn't really capable of killing anyone (most people can see that right away), and there was NO MOTIVE beyond satanist fantasy, deus-ex-machina bullshit.
    I definitely, completely and totally disagree. Let's leave it at that.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

When a prosecutor coordinates the investigation of the case he is involved in: that is example A of a shitty legal system.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Criminal Justice and the Media

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    The Australian justice system is flawless and infallible; this is surely the point.
    The point is that we don't allow trial by media.

Unfortunately Italy does allow trial by media, but this is largely out of incompetence.

And worse, the USA also allows trial by media, the best media money can buy.

So in a civilized and competent country like mine Criminal Justice is dispensed by the Criminal Courts, not by the media.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The point is that we don't allow trial by media.

Unfortunately Italy does allow trial by media, but this is largely out of incompetence.

And worse, the USA also allows trial by media, the best media money can buy.

So in a civilized and competent country like mine Criminal Justice is dispensed by the Criminal Courts, not by the media.
    CENSORSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    They oughta know -- wasn't Australia originally populated by British criminals? Lol!
    This is another cheap shot from someone in a position of trust on Central, and who has publicly said they would put me on Ignore and so stop leading the group bullies against me.

And for the record - Australia was settled by the Scottish and English Enlightenment. We gained our independence from Britain without killing anyone and united a whole Continent again without killing anyone.

Americans hate us for this for they gained their independence by mass killing in their War of Independence and united the Continental USA by mass killing in a Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    CENSORSHIP
    It's called Justice, rather than censorship.

And anyway, everyone and their dog knows that trial by media is the kind of Justice you have when you are not having any Justice.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

It's called Justice, rather than censorship.

And anyway, everyone and their dog knows that trial by media is the kind of Justice you have when you are not having any Justice.
    CENSOR SENSOR

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    CENSOR SENSOR
    Trial by media has nothing to do with Criminal Justice. It's more like the fevered imaginings of the lynch mob. It's more like the low satisfaction group bullies take on this site.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This is another cheap shot from someone in a position of trust on Central, and who has publicly said they would put me on Ignore and so stop leading the group bullies against me.
    Victor, you are on my Ignore list and have been since I told you that you were -- but you quoted my post, and so now I got a Notification, and I come here and find more baseless accusations from you.

I did not quote you.
    I was not responding to you.
    I actually was making a tongue-in-cheek joke in response to someone else's comment about Australia.
    Now instead of discussing the issues, you are making a personal attack on me (which is against the rules) as well as derailing this thread.
    If you want to make unwarranted cracks about other countries, at least have the thickness of skin to accept some criticism of Australia in return and also lighten up a bit.

Please do not quote me again, I do not want the notification to appear on my profile page.
    I'd also prefer that you never speak to me again -- ever.
    No kidding.

Thanks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft