Thread: Amanda Knox

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    In all seriousness Italy is not alone. U.S. also locks up inocent people in cages for long spells all of the time (and in many states sometimes executed). Especially in Texas where the government fight like the dickens to keep new evidence which proves inocence out. See: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20115395.shtml
    NO! Not TEXAS!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

That's only because "new evidence" is just a classy way of saying "more work". Lord knows no one likes working overtime.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Lol @ americans being all huff and puff about the Italian judicial system. It's very very lax and processes are long and whoever is being put on trial is guaranteed 3 appeals, in every case. I'm completely appalled by the how the american media has managed to brainwash so many citizens.

What? The penal judicial system is pretty good. She is a psychopath and she has been guaranteed every right and finally a great lawyer managed to swiftly destroy most proofs. In the US she would have been dead already, I can bet.
    Yeah I think she's innocent. Every aspect of the evidence is dubious, and the actual explanation of her plot and motives are the most ridiculous of all. The occult. A sex game gone wrong. What the fuck? These are lurid fantasies more than a real murder. Then consider that her prosecutor has a rather questionable history of eccentricity and is under investigation for corruption charges and, well...

And about that prosecutor. Am I correctly informed that he also effectively directed the investigation of the murder, too?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Public Relations and Contempt of Court

The result was bought by public relations.

Here, such public relations would bring a charge of Contempt of Court and a prison term.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, not ALL Americans are pleased-as-punch about the verdict:
    http://news.yahoo.com/nancy-grace-so...170514101.html

See, FDG? You're not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    And about that prosecutor. Am I correctly informed that he also effectively directed the investigation of the murder, too?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...?newsfeed=true

The Perugia-born father of four ran the investigation into the murder of Meredith Kercher from the moment he arrived at the murder scene on 2 November 2007 to confer with local police and forensic investigators who had come from Rome.

His defenders say his conclusions about Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were validated by a variety of pre-trial, trial and appeal judges, not least Italy's supreme court, which ruled that Rudy Guede did not murder Kercher alone when it confirmed the Ivory Coast born drifter's sentence for Kercher's murder.

But his American detractors have claimed his investigation was a "railroad job from hell", starting from the moment he questioned Knox for hours without a lawyer, coaxing her into naming an innocent man, Patrick Lumumba, as the likely murderer, to his suggestion that Knox and Sollecito's slaying of Kercher was inspired by the occult.

The criticisms will have come as no surprise to a man who has strongly believed for years that opponents were secretly plotting his downfall....

examine:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=14623904

... years before Mignini began making his case against Knox, the Italian prosecutor was involved in another high-profile murder case. His work on that case, some say, raises serious questions about his methods and his judgment.

The case revolved around murders in the 1970s and 80s, when 16 bodies were found in the hillsides outside Florence, Italy. The killer was nicknamed the Monster of Florence. He killed young lovers often as they made love in the Tuscan foothills at night -- murders that included horrific, ritualistic mutilations.

Arrests were made in the murders but the killings continued while the suspects were in custody.

American author Douglas Preston, who co-authored a book on the case with Italian journalist Mario Spezi, said the killer's profile was clear.

"Every single forensic examination of the evidence, every single psychological profile, everything said that this was a lone psychopathic sexual killer who worked by himself," he said.

Decades passed with no resolution and then, in 2002, Mignini re-opened the case. He didn't buy into the lone psychopathic killer theory. Instead, he claimed, the murders were the work of a satanic sect, dating back to the Middle Ages, that needed female body parts for their black masses, to serve as the blasphemous wafer...
    read the rest of the article, it only gets worse...

Oh, the drama!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The result was bought by public relations.

Here, such public relations would bring a charge of Contempt of Court and a prison term.
    Really, Victor? That crazy prosecutor, straight out of the Inquisition, who believes in satanic rituals and other medieval arcane fantasies…you really think he had nothing to do with this whole debacle, or its ultimate resolution?
    But I apologize. You were busy making an arcane point of your own…

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

The prosecutor might very well be crazy, like many policemen and police-related people around here, they're often crazy paranoid fascists. That doesn't mean everything doesn't point towards her being at least involved in the murder. Look, just think about it: the only men that was imprisoned has been accused and found guilty of "concorso in omicidio", which roughly means "taking part in a murder (along with other people)". Exactly WHO did he take part in the murder with?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Really, Victor? That crazy prosecutor, straight out of the Inquisition, who believes in satanic rituals and other medieval arcane fantasies…you really think he had nothing to do with this whole debacle, or its ultimate resolution?
    But I apologize. You were busy making an arcane point of your own…
    The Australian justice system is flawless and infallible; this is surely the point.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't really know much about Guede. He had a closed trial, and got almost a 50% reduction in his sentence on an appeal because he was the only one to "apologize."

Guede elected for a "fast-track" trial that began on 16 October 2008, presided over by Judge Paolo Micheli.[108] By doing so, he exchanged the right to challenge the evidence in a full trial for a more lenient sentence, if found guilty. The trial was held in closed session, with no reporters present.[109] On 28 October 2008, he was convicted of murder and sexual assault but acquitted of theft, and was sentenced to 30 years in prison.[64][110] Guede's appeals, which concluded in December of 2009 and 2010, upheld his conviction but reduced his sentence to 16 years.[111]
    I guess that's up to them to figure out, since they've made such a mess of things whether or not you think Knox is actually guilty -- either way, now, there is a huge discrepancy and something is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    The Australian justice system is flawless and infallible; this is surely the point.
    They oughta know -- wasn't Australia originally populated by British criminals? Lol!

(I'm gonna hire my next lawyer from Alcatraz.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I just tend to find that it's everyone against America.
    Thank you. I agree, and I am really, really fricking sick of this right now. I'm the first to admit that we as a country have problems, we overstep our bounds, and yes Victor, we're a bit imperialistic. But what people don't realize is that our country is divided really almost completely in half on the kinds of policies that make the rest of the world hate us. HALF OF US agree that these things are bad form. Many of us are working to try to CHANGE these types of policies. But we still get all the anti-American crap. It gets really fricking tiring after awhile. Also, all countries have their own problems, and I don't go around spouting anti-Australian or anti-Italian or anti-Kuwaiti or anti-Colombian crap.

As for Amanda Know, I haven't followed the case closely enough to know if she's guilty or not. But I don't see how this is any different from any other court case-- granted, I don't know anything about the Italian court system, but in the US it's pretty common for cases to be thrown out for lack of evidence because the burden is on the prosecution to PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt that the person is guilty-- not on the defense to prove the defendant's innocence.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, I also get people over here disbelieving that I'm Canadian, because of my accent. They say "You can't be Canadian, you have an American accent." I explain that the accents are similar and perhaps particularly from my part of Canada. "No, you can't be Canadian. You sound so American." Ie. I'm lying about my nationality. Incredibly rude.
    Wow, yeah. That is incredibly rude!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/