User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 149

Thread: Amanda Knox

  1. #61
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Yeah but thats conventional warfare. China will win control by doing what it has been doing. Bribing our politicians and buying up ownership our real estate, natural resources and other equity.
    Dream on, Spamtar.
    Our greedy, corrupt politicians aren't going to kiss ass so freely.
    Buying our real estate? Are you kidding?
    Owning a piece of paper or deed is one thing, having physical control of it is another.
    Don't disillusion yourself.
    We're the big bad motherfucker in charge.
    Until you can withdraw "Yuan" currency at a local bank, I am right and you are wrong.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  2. #62
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I'm not against America, I have lots of american friends and well, I'm not against any nation, why would one be. I only become patriotic when I see baseless bashing, such as the one I've witnessed from the american media and in most american forums. In this case, the US are the attackers, their press basically enacted a campaign against the italian judicial system. It's definitely America's fault, in this case.
    Probably if I'd lived in America, which I never have, I would have another view of meaningless prejudice of Americans against Europeans/other nations. In fact, I'm sure I would.

    I've spent much of my adult life in Europe, however, and considering how cultured and informed a great many Europeans consider themselves to be, the type of vitriolic crap heaped upon Americans (all Americans, in many cases) by astounding numbers of Europeans never ceases to astonish and sicken me. (This also spills over into knee-jerk anti-Israel sentiment and in some cases anti-semitism.) And by the way, Canadians aren't supposed to like Americans. I have never heard the type of bile about Americans from Canadians that I have from Europeans.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  3. #63
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    yeah yeah yeah yeah,i wanted to know where you were basing your opinion, nothing else. sorry for the bad choice in words. i agree with what you're saying but to be devil's advocate, someone else might argue she gave different versions of the facts because she was under some sort of torture (again, don't judge me for choice of words).
    regarding your last paragraph, do you still remember some sites? i'm curious and i'd like to get to the bottom of this....thanks!


    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Because she lied over and over again to investigators. Why be deceptive? She accused a man she knew was completely innocent. Her story has changed so much, she claims to remember the screams one minute, then later decides that was just some imagination exercise. Her language and writing discussing the incident have psychopathic overtones in my view. Its not related to looks or nationality for me. The way she behaved leads me to question why she has been so deceptive.

    One murderer unquestionably involved in taking Meredith's life remains in prison. They set her and her ex-boyfriend free, so that is how their system saw fit to administer justice.

    If you really, really want to delve into this case (like I did once when I was excessively bored during a protracted slowdown at work) there is a lot out there to read and watch and to consider. I doubt anyone here is going to provide you "proof" in a post that convinces you or anyone else. Opinions were all that was asked for and all we can really exchange.

  4. #64
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I'm not against America, I have lots of american friends and well, I'm not against any nation, why would one be. I only become patriotic when I see baseless bashing, such as the one I've witnessed from the american media and in most american forums. In this case, the US are the attackers, their press basically enacted a campaign against the italian judicial system. It's definitely America's fault, in this case.
    Again, I didn't really notice anyone bitching in the things I read/watched, although there's a lot of crap/sensational journalism out there so I do not doubt you accessed some of that.

    To me, it just seems to be a case of competence. The investigator really has no evidence but insists she's guilty because he feels like she is. That's nice, anyone off the street has an opinion like that. Meanwhile, the forensics panel that was chosen to review the case explained why the evidence actually is negigible / completely inconclusive. No other evidence was offered, and the judicial court made a decision not to get yet ANOTHER review because it seemed like the investigators were just trying to stall until they got an opinion they liked.

    It just looks like bias and incompetence here. I'm totally open to the thought that perhaps there is other commentary that I have not been witness to regarding the case, but the material I personally bothered to examine seemed to be internally coherent and not speculative ("OH, I thought she was lying" or "She said something a certain way, so she must have murdered her" or some other judgment based on one's personal feelings without any evidence).

    It gets old. Yes, I'm American, and yes I live in the US; but if you have a gripe with US journalism, then bitch about US journalism (and even better, the right subgroup of US journalism) and stop bitching about me and all the decent human beings I know who live in this country. I don't say "Italy is a bunch of jerks" because the investigator seems to have his head up his rectum, I just say the investigator doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #65
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't say "Italy is a bunch of jerks" because the investigator seems to have his head up his rectum, I just say the investigator doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.
    Also we make better pizza. U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!....
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  6. #66
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    USA should be nuked.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  7. #67
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    USA should be nuked.
    Italy sure is a sore loser.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  8. #68
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Italy sure is a sore loser.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  9. #69
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    In all seriousness Italy is not alone. U.S. also locks up inocent people in cages for long spells all of the time (and in many states sometimes executed). Especially in Texas where the government fight like the dickens to keep new evidence which proves inocence out. See: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20115395.shtml

    See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Todd_Willingham
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  10. #70
    Head Pigeon Mad Hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It just looks like bias and incompetence here. I'm totally open to the thought that perhaps there is other commentary that I have not been witness to regarding the case, but the material I personally bothered to examine seemed to be internally coherent and not speculative ("OH, I thought she was lying" or "She said something a certain way, so she must have murdered her" or some other judgment based on one's personal feelings without any evidence).
    Somehow it seems to me that this 'public opinion' has changed over the course of the trials.

    When the court found her guilty at first, journalists liked to point out the inconsistencies in Knox's statements and commented on her behavior outside of the trial, implying that her feelings of remorse were fake and her claims of being innocent insencere.
    After she was found not guilty, there's quite a bit of writing about the prosecutors' incompetence, their inconsistencies, leaving the impression that they wanted to condemn her without sufficient evidence and sloppy investigation.

    I can't help but get the impression that there's something like a 'Look, I've known it all along' attitude among journalists, trying simply (and needlessly) to elaborate on the decisions that have already been made with the goal of proving their own point.

    I really don't like having an opinion in such things because it's purely conjectural (and entirely based on journalists' opinions) so I think the only people that are truly entitled to have an opinion are the legal parties involved.
    As an outsider, I just don't know enough about it (and sometimes it seems that even the parties involved don't).
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

    -τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Similar Threads

  1. Amanda Bynes is crazy
    By /DG/ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 01:49 PM
  2. Amanda Seyfried?
    By liYA in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 06:36 PM
  3. Amanda Todd
    By Bilateral Entry in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 07:54 PM
  4. Enneagram type of Amanda Seyfried (videos included)??
    By liYA in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 09:18 AM
  5. Mickey & Mallory Knox (Natural born killers)
    By Rex in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO