User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Amanda Knox

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    My theory is correct. Since she has tits, in the end, she's gonna walk.

Hooters, hooters
    Yum, yum, yum
    Hooters, hooters
    On a girl that's dumb
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I know I've been refusing to go on a vacation to Italy or buying Italian goods until they let her out (as a form of protest). I will consider going or buying now but have found other options. It make them some time to get me business back.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Amanda and Empire

The only ones who have heard the evidence are the jury and the judge, and they found the three defendents guilty of murder in company.

What I find telling is the USA response to the Italian Criminal Justice System. It was plainly the response of an Imperial Power to a dependent State.

I couldn't help thinking of this the other day when an USA citizen killed a little old Australian lady in an Australian street. In the normal course of events the perpetrator would need to give evidence before a Coroner's Court.

But the USA military said no way.

So we asked, is he a diplomat with diplomatic immunity. No, they said, he is a member of the USA military. Was he on duty, we asked. No, they said, but we never let any member of the USA armed forces be brought before a foreign Court.

This is Imperialism pure and simple.

Yet the USA denies they are an Empire, repeatedly and often, from the lowest levels to the highest.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    What? The penal judicial system is pretty good. She is a psychopath and she has been guaranteed every right and finally a great lawyer managed to swiftly destroy most proofs. In the US she would have been dead already, I can bet.
    I don't think so, in the US or UK she wouldn't even have been put on trial because the evidence was so flimsy:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6947979.ece

There just wasn't any case against her, no motive (apart from a lot of speculation about her being sex-crazed) and the two pieces of evidence that supposedly proved her involvement in the murder were deemed useless (Kercher's bra clasp with Sollecito's DNA on it hadn't been picked up until almost two months after the murder and contained 4 different people's DNA and the supposed murder weapon couldn't have caused some of the wounds on Kercher's body and didn't fit the blood print of a knife on Kercher's bed linen) Also there was no DNA of Knox and her boyfriend in Kercher's room while Rudy Guede's DNA, handprints etc were all over the place. A lawyer can't destroy any proofs that aren't there in the first place. The whole thing was just a huge miscarriage of justice.

I wish her all the best and just reading this thread annoys me, people basing their negative judgement of her on her being pretty, blonde and white. This sort of prejudice got her into prison in the first place.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

WHY are you saying she's a psychopath? I'm seriously interested in knowing what proof you have.

Just the whole thing that I find frustrating is that the story of what happened that night is still not clear. So she and Sollecito are being absolved by lack of evidence, but it does not mean they are innocent. Initial reports said that more than one person had created this murder. Where are the other killers then? How is it possible in 4 years no one else has been at least a suspect for the crime (besides the black guy who - oops - is now in jail). And, most of all, what was the motive for the killing??? Why would that black guy have killed her so gruesomely? It certainly cannot be just to steal from her. There is such a huge piece of story lacking that I cannot help but feel Knox and Sollecito are way more involved in this than what they'd like to make us believe. And hey, my fucking intuition is always right.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Lol @ americans being all huff and puff about the Italian judicial system. It's very very lax and processes are long and whoever is being put on trial is guaranteed 3 appeals, in every case. I'm completely appalled by the how the american media has managed to brainwash so many citizens.

What? The penal judicial system is pretty good. She is a psychopath and she has been guaranteed every right and finally a great lawyer managed to swiftly destroy most proofs. In the US she would have been dead already, I can bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I don't think so, in the US or UK she wouldn't even have been put on trial because the evidence was so flimsy:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6947979.ece

There just wasn't any case against her, no motive (apart from a lot of speculation about her being sex-crazed) and the two pieces of evidence that supposedly proved her involvement in the murder were deemed useless (Kercher's bra clasp with Sollecito's DNA on it hadn't been picked up until almost two months after the murder and contained 4 different people's DNA and the supposed murder weapon couldn't have caused some of the wounds on Kercher's body and didn't fit the blood print of a knife on Kercher's bed linen) Also there was no DNA of Knox and her boyfriend in Kercher's room while Rudy Guede's DNA, handprints etc were all over the place. A lawyer can't destroy any proofs that aren't there in the first place. The whole thing was just a huge miscarriage of justice.

I wish her all the best and just reading this thread annoys me, people basing their negative judgement of her on her being pretty, blonde and white. This sort of prejudice got her into prison in the first place.
    I think it is important to remember it is only the judge and the jury that have seen all the evidence.

And not only have we not seen all the evidence, but we have been subject to a public relations blitz in the USA media.

And there are two others convicted along with Amanda Knox, and all are entitled to appeals.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I love how inevitably this turns into an America vs Europe/Europe vs America thing.

Europeans and Americans (and Australians, apparently) are so...boring and predictable about this type of thing. The Americans take it as an opportunity to criticise the European judicial system. In Italy, as the verdict is announced outside the court, a TV news producer is asked if she's American and yelled at. Groan.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    My theory is correct. Since she has tits, in the end, she's gonna walk.
    So her ex-boyfriend also has tits?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't have any proof, wtf. We're in an internet forum, I'm not a trial judge.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I know I've been refusing to go on a vacation to Italy or buying Italian goods until they let her out (as a form of protest). I will consider going or buying now but have found other options. It make them some time to get me business back.
    You have mental problems. People like you shouldn't even be allowed to fly here, not "choose" not to.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp