First 1234513 Last

Thread: Amanda Knox

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Ah, ok. I understood your post like he was in the same situation as Amanda Knox + Sollecito but just doesn't get now out because he already lost his chance because of failed attempts to fight against his conviction. I didn't even know before there was also a third person convicted.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I kind of hate how the media sometimes focuses on isolated cases such as this one like hounds... Sure, sometimes deeper analysis of crimes can lead to discussion of social issues and whatnot, but the way some cases are covered without any particular reason (Is Meredith Kercher the only British person to be killed recently? Is her sexual assault used as a hook for discussing sexual violence against women?) turns the whole world into the jury, judge and executioner of people who are already receiving a verdict from slimy tabloids.

If Amanda Knox was cleared of all charges, would she ever be able to live a semi-normal life again? I'm not taking her side; I'm simply pointing out a general trend. Heaven knows what a three-ring circus the Nardoni case was here in Brazil...

/rant over
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...-knox-20110627

Read this article. She didn't walk free because she is white and rich (it's oh so easy to play the race card and her parents are not rich, they have debts because of all the legal fees they have paid) but because there wasn't any real evidence that she killed Meredith Kercher. Her and her boyfriend's DNA couldn't be found anywhere in the murdered girl's room while the third guy Guede's DNA was all over the place, he even forgot to flush the toilet he used before the murder.

Also I think it's weird that people deem someone guilty just because they have a gut feeling about them, what is the legal system for if we can rely on our gut to tell us if someone is guilty or not?

I personally feel sorry for Amanda Knox and her boyfriend and I hope they make millions from the story, they have after all been accused of a heinous crime, wrongly imprisoned for 4 years and vilified by the media.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Who is hotter - Amanda Knox or Casey Anthony?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Who is hotter - Amanda Knox or Casey Anthony?
    Amanda Knox post-prison. A new meaning of "hot chicks in bars."
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I hope that they are innocent and that justice has been served, but there are really no winners in something like this. There are many people who will always believe she was guilty and she will never have a normal life; meanwhile, the murdered girl's family aren't getting her back.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Amanda Knox post-prison. A new meaning of "hot chicks in bars."
    I have been informed via rep that it is my face. I have to agree, I can't argue with my hotness.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I don't know about you, but I would love to see a pretty convict be found guilty and put to death. I find it arousing.

I don't understand why they have to treat the pretty ones with kid gloves.
    Human nature is often inscrutable.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Have any of you read "The Monster of Florence" by Douglas Preston? In it he writes about his run-in with Judge Giuliano Mignini, the public prosecutor in Amanda Knox's case, the same guy who is now up on abuse of office charges. Preston's account of Mignini's methods and misuse of power are frightening. I believe Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are innocent.

I know it's from 2008, but here's an interview with Preston and his thoughts about the Knox case, if anyone is interested.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Lol @ americans being all huff and puff about the Italian judicial system. It's very very lax and processes are long and whoever is being put on trial is guaranteed 3 appeals, in every case. I'm completely appalled by the how the american media has managed to brainwash so many citizens.

Incidentally, has this lead you to read about the Italian legal system as it has me? Do they do anything right in Italy?
    What? The penal judicial system is pretty good. She is a psychopath and she has been guaranteed every right and finally a great lawyer managed to swiftly destroy most proofs. In the US she would have been dead already, I can bet.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp