First 412131415 Last

Thread: Amanda Knox

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kiddykat View Post
    I thought when Italian police collected evidence, they noticed a strong smell of bleach, which can completely taint DNA evidence.

Her nonchalant behavior the day she was arrested seems questionable. If one were innocent, shouldn't they exhibit any kind of anxiety over being accused? And, especially after knowing someone that intimately has passed away (i.e., her own roommate)? Yet, she was doing handstands and cart-walks in the detaining area?
    Considering how unsocialized I was as a child and how odd a lot of my behavior is perceived as by people in general, arguments like this make me rather uncomfortable.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

I thought when Italian police collected evidence, they noticed a strong smell of bleach, which can completely taint DNA evidence.

Her nonchalant behavior the day she was arrested seems questionable. If one were innocent, shouldn't they exhibit any kind of anxiety over being accused? And, especially after knowing someone that intimately has passed away (i.e., her own roommate)? Yet, she was doing handstands and cart-walks in the detaining area?
    I doubt that a guilty person who was in their right mind would do handstands and cart-walks in the detaining area either. It wouldn't really help your defence...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

you know what else is strange? ....the other housemates....why don't you ever hear of them? i beat they are important to testify how amanda and meredich's characters were and how their interactions were etc. does anyone know if they offered any interesting testimonies in court?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Considering how unsocialized I was as a child and how odd a lot of my behavior is perceived as by people in general, arguments like this make me rather uncomfortable.
    Same here....if I'm ever falsely accused of something, I'm screwed.

Amanda and Raffaele were taking drugs to enhance their sexual life. And they were buying drugs from criminals, one of whom has been convicted and sentenced for the murder of Meredith, in company.

So the question remains - who were the company?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    There's a funny thing to consider about this story: americans all think she's innocent, italians all think she's guilty, and british are half-half. So I guess the media (subliminally) plays a large part in your opinions, whether you're aware of it or not.
    Pretty much. Whenever I talk about this topic with an american...I think he-she is completely out of his-her mind

Ftr, I think most people do not know that she was declared guilty of "severe lying" and sentenced for 3 years, due to her accusing "randomly" more than one guy (one of whom was actually wrongly imprisoned for a short while, almost exclusively due to Amanda's fake story).
    Last edited by FDG; 03-31-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Amanda employs a Public Relations firm to present her image to the American public.

And remember Public Relations were invented by an American, Edward Bernays, who wrote the manual called, "Propaganda".

And remember Public Relations or propaganda are neither true nor false, rather they are plausible. And Amanda is plausible to the American public.

And so Amanda is plausibly presented by her Public Relations firm, as an innocent American beauty put upon by incomprehsible foreigners.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    There's a funny thing to consider about this story: americans all think she's innocent, italians all think she's guilty, and british are half-half. So I guess the media (subliminally) plays a large part in your opinions, whether you're aware of it or not.
    Of course the media plays a large part in peoples views. It permeates every consciousness that is subjected to it on a daily basis, it's almost impossible to get away from and i'm admittedly rather paranoid about the media.

It's like a conspiracy of entertainment hiding behind a mask of information. Whenever I watch a news report or read a newspaper...I just strip the barest facts from it, hollow it out to the point, then throw the rest of the husk away, because that is what it is; a husk. A twisting of information preying upon people's fears.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Here we go again:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/29/world/...nox/index.html

Rome (CNN) -- An Italian court says it convicted Amanda Knox and her former boyfriend of murdering her onetime roommate in part because of evidence showing that more than one person killed the British student.

The Florence appeals court released its explanation Tuesday, less than three months after it convicted Knox and Raffaele Sollecito in Meredith Kercher's 2007 death in a retrial.

In the more than 300-page document, the court said that a third person convicted in the murder, Rudy Guede, did not act alone, and cited the nature of the victim's wounds.

Ruling Judge Alessandro Nencini, who presided over the second appeal in the case, said Kercher, 21, and Knox disagreed over the payment of the rent in the house they shared in Perugia and that "there was an argument, then an elevation and progression of aggression."
    http://gma.yahoo.com/amanda-knox-fam...opstories.html

The family of Amanda Knox disputed an Italian court's report Tuesday that she killed her roommate Meredith Kercher after a "mounting quarrel" that may have culminated with Kercher accusing Knox of stealing 300 euros from her.

Knox’s family said Tuesday that the court's reasoning was flawed, that there was no reason for Amanda Knox to steal money from Kercher. The family told ABC News that at the time of Kercher’s murder, Knox had over $4,000 in her bank account that was immediately accessible to her.

In addition, she had a job and received monthly allowances from her parents.
    They also dispute the DNA evidence, which was suggested to be sketchy -> non-existent in the acquittal.

---

It's less interesting to bet on a verdict and more interesting to bet on how much time she'll eventually serve before the end of her life.

FTR, too, she was convicted of lying and sentenced to three years in regards to her boss, but it looks like that entire interrogation was crap anyway. She didn't have counsel and was alone; her comment of Italian wasn't great; she was questioned for over eight hours, without food or bathroom privileges; and she was asked to speculate on what she "might have seen" if she had been there, and they apparently picked out one of those scenarios she imagined and ran with it as her "confession"... but the entire account seems confusing. They typed up the "confession" and she signed it. They didn't even check out the guy's alibi before they proclaimed they had found their killers, and they just threw him in jail and kept him there.

Pretty much at that point, the investigation was a mess and everything should been thrown out -- there is no way to determine whether she's lying, telling the truth, misremembering, etc. The police kind of blew of their opportunity to really figure out what happened early in the investigation, regardless of who was guilty, because they didn't follow solid procedures. The lead investigator was the prosecutor, and the Italian media was given free reign to control all the public information and try her in the public press. Totally mishandled.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

American Marines, with their headquarters in Australia, cannot be tried in an Australian Criminal Court for the rape of Australian women. And in like manner, the Americans will not allow Knox to be subject to an Italian Criminal Court.

These are only two examples of effective American colonialism.