Thread: Amanda Knox

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    I have such a gut feeling that they both did it, seriously...
    Well, that's a reason to demand someone goes back to jail.

The overturn doesn't say she and the other guy did it, it just means the appeals court went too far in its declaration -- just as here in the States, for example, the Appeals court is simply looking at whether or not the original trial was handled properly. In Italy, they are saying the appeals trial was mishandled and a new one needs to be ordered. But I do not think they have yet released the specifics of exactly what they found wrong with the appeals court verdict.

I just find it appalling they can't make up their minds. First they have her in jail four years, then they let her go (so she travels back home to another country) and then 18 months later they're like, "Oh, changed our minds." I mean, seriously? How can they be so wrong TWICE? The police mishandled the initial investigation and interrogated a teen for 14 hours without a lawyer present, among other things; then the appeals court is at the other extreme of criticalness of the investigation; and now the higher appeals court is criticizing the appeals criticisms.

If she doesn't go back, she'll be charged with contempt, which is meaningless unless she hopes to return to Italy at some point. If she is reconvicted, then it will be an issue for the US and ITaly to work out.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

American soldiers can't be brought before a foreign court for their crimes. And it is certain this colonial principle will be applied to Amanda Knox. So America will never send Amanda Knox back to a foreign court.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    except for a part in the end where there is a voice intonation change (from 'i didn't kill', which seems honest, to 'i didn't rape, didn't steal', which seemed fake to me). So I also think she's guilty.
    That is a false positive, because she has probably said that exact phrase tens of times by the time this was recorded, which explains the way she says it. "Poker tells" are usually not a good way to determine if someone's guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    American soldiers can't be brought before a foreign court for their crimes. And it is certain this colonial principle will be applied to Amanda Knox. So America will never send Amanda Knox back to a foreign court.
    No, they go before the UCMJ, which is a lot, lot tougher. If she is convicted, it is very likely the US could send her to Italy because her fate is not as important as the country's relationship.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

My protest refusing to buy italian goods is officially over. I went to italy and also bought two pairs of italian shoes.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    My protest refusing to buy italian goods is officially over. I went to italy and also bought two pairs of italian shoes.
    Yes, we need to walk in someone's shoes before we understand them - particularly an Italian.

Your Justice and Our Justice

Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post
    No, they go before the UCMJ, which is a lot, lot tougher.
    Yes, this what you tell us after an American soldier has raped an Australian woman, "don't you worry about that, our Uniform Code of Military Justice is a lot, lot tougher than an Australian Criminal Court" - what do you take us for?

Only a colonial power can rape Australian women and not be brought before an Australian Criminal Court.

And then you add insult to injury by telling us your justice (UCMJ) is better than our justice.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, we need to walk in someone's shoes before we understand them - particularly an Italian.
    good one

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

It's strange to me how the loved ones of crime victims so often persist in punishing the first person accused regardless of evidence.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

There's a funny thing to consider about this story: americans all think she's innocent, italians all think she's guilty, and british are half-half. So I guess the media (subliminally) plays a large part in your opinions, whether you're aware of it or not.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I thought when Italian police collected evidence, they noticed a strong smell of bleach, which can completely taint DNA evidence.

Her nonchalant behavior the day she was arrested seems questionable. If one were innocent, shouldn't they exhibit any kind of anxiety over being accused? And, especially after knowing someone that intimately has passed away (i.e., her own roommate)? Yet, she was doing handstands and cart-walks in the detaining area?