Thread: Amanda Knox

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    What? Didn't she live there? It's not unlikely to me that her DNA could be anywhere in the apartment, especially if the knife happened to be a kitchen one (I didn't read the details). Even a bra snap isn't crazy for a female roommate....she could plausibly have picked it off the floor one day or something. There must be more to the evidence than that...?
    Kercher and Knox shared the flat.
    Knox supposedly spent the night elsewhere, at Sollecito's flat.

Guede's DNA was found ON and INSIDE the body. .. plus on her bra, handbag, etc.
    The Knox/Sollecito DNA evidence was found on a severed piece of Kercher's bra, including the snaps.

Prosectors said that Knox's DNA was found on a knife at Sollecito's flat and Kercher's DNA was supposedly on the blade, but the court-appointed forensics experts said the Kercher's DNA on the blade was unreliable.

There was no direct evidence Knox had been in Kercher's bedroom. Knox's fingerprints were not found in either bedroom.

More here, that can be used as a jump-off point:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher

... as a tongue-in-cheek piece of logic, wouldn't Nancy Grace's assertion that the successful appeal was a horrific miscarriage of justice suggest that Knox is innocent?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Damn America! Let the beavers take over for they are much better suited to running America than the current establishment.
    Canadian beavers?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    What do you think?
    Whether she's guilty or not I was worried about the sheer amount of people in the US who appeared to be more interested in the fact that she was an American abroad, subject to their host nation's laws than whether or not they had killed a foreign national, that seemed like the worst sort of US nationalism. That and this is likely to give low rent anti-Americanism a shot in the arm too.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I'm derailing massively at this point and apologise for that, but I do wonder if you have anything to say about your country's oppression of its aboriginal people.

(And I come from Canada, a country which also oppressed its aboriginal people, so that's not the kind of point I'm trying to make.)
    We (Australia) didn't exactly cover ourselves in glory with our participation in the Boer Wars either, as long as we're talking about wars that happened outside living memory. "No blood on the wattle", good grief.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And for the record - Australia was settled by the Scottish and English Enlightenment. We gained our independence from Britain without killing anyone and united a whole Continent again without killing anyone.
    See @JivinJeffJones 's comment above. I hadn't even noticed this when I posted my last comment. LOL, you really don't give a damn about what happened to the people who'd already been in "your" country for thousands of years, do you?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Canadian beavers?
    I had a mental picture there that was so wrong.

I must go do penance.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Kercher and Knox shared the flat.
    Knox supposedly spent the night elsewhere, at Sollecito's flat.

Guede's DNA was found ON and INSIDE the body. .. plus on her bra, handbag, etc.
    The Knox/Sollecito DNA evidence was found on a severed piece of Kercher's bra, including the snaps.

Prosectors said that Knox's DNA was found on a knife at Sollecito's flat and Kercher's DNA was supposedly on the blade, but the court-appointed forensics experts said the Kercher's DNA on the blade was unreliable.

There was no direct evidence Knox had been in Kercher's bedroom. Knox's fingerprints were not found in either bedroom.

More here, that can be used as a jump-off point:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher

... as a tongue-in-cheek piece of logic, wouldn't Nancy Grace's assertion that the successful appeal was a horrific miscarriage of justice suggest that Knox is innocent?
    I was surprised at how convoluted this case was. The one thing that made me suspect Knox at all was her accusation that her employer did it. The problem with that scenario is that it seems a really stupid thing to do, to just randomly accuse someone you know of a murder.

As near as I can tell, things only seem to make sense if one assumes that the prosecution was embarrassed by the publicity surrounding the initial investigation, only to have DNA evidence conclusively prove a couple weeks later that one man who had long since left Italy had done it, which pretty much shot down all of their theories w/r to Knox and Sollecito. As for the accusation, given the prosecutor's (Mignoni's) demonstrated behavior and his having been convicted of "abuse of office" in another murder case, I can easily see his technique of encouraging a suspect to "speculate" about the crime leading to some absurd speculations, which then get written down as Knox's official "statement", thus becoming the prime "evidence" in the case. Knox's error was signing the statement implicating her boss. I can see her doing so out of confusion and stress.

Thus I suspect that the evidence points to only one murderer, and that Knox and Sollecito were caught up by their proximity to a highly sensationalized case. I don't see any evidence on the side of the prosecution other than that proximity and Knox's confused statements. Given that both she and her bf claimed they were smoking pot on the night of the murder, I wouldn't be surprised if her pot habit had some role in exacerbating that confusion.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I had a mental picture there that was so wrong.

I must go do penance.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvWfbIe4X_4"].[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZrNWEPUsH0"].[/YOUTUBE]
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I was surprised at how convoluted this case was. The one thing that made me suspect Knox at all was her accusation that her employer did it. The problem with that scenario is that it seems a really stupid thing to do, to just randomly accuse someone you know of a murder.
    I was a little off above -- the original interrogation was only 14 hours -- but I'm generally of mind that she was essentially still a kid, in a situation she had never been in before, alone with the police with no advisor, the stakes were high, a friend had just been brutally murdered in her own flat, and she probably freaked. I don't even think she had been processed correctly (told her rights, etc); there's still debate about that.

As near as I can tell, things only seem to make sense if one assumes that the prosecution was embarrassed by the publicity surrounding the initial investigation, only to have DNA evidence conclusively prove a couple weeks later that one man who had long since left Italy had done it, which pretty much shot down all of their theories w/r to Knox and Sollecito. As for the accusation, given the prosecutor's (Mignoni's) demonstrated behavior and his having been convicted of "abuse of office" in another murder case, I can easily see his technique of encouraging a suspect to "speculate" about the crime leading to some absurd speculations, which then get written down as Knox's official "statement", thus becoming the prime "evidence" in the case. Knox's error was signing the statement implicating her boss. I can see her doing so out of confusion and stress.
    Yeah, that fits with what I understand about the prosecutor too. I don't think Knox made a "Scooby Doo" confession -- the other extreme -- I think he got her to ramble and speculate, then sign it and claim it was a confession, based on his style.

Thus I suspect that the evidence points to only one murderer, and that Knox and Sollecito were caught up by their proximity to a highly sensationalized case. I don't see any evidence on the side of the prosecution other than that proximity and Knox's confused statements. Given that both she and her bf claimed they were smoking pot on the night of the murder, I wouldn't be surprised if her pot habit had some role in exacerbating that confusion.
    Reading what I have, including the bloody handprint of Guede's on a pillow under the body of Kercher (which totally does not match his story about what happened), and having read his account(s) of that night, my guess without being privy to all the inside details is that it was a rape gone bad (or sex that somehow triggered Guede) and he murdered her, then tried to confuse the issue. His choosing the fast-track in order to get a break on his sentence doesn't really surprise me, if he knew he had done it and wanted the least possible sentence. It's not really a question of whether he was part of it, but the crime is not one that needed two other people and there is no motive, and no real forensic evidence -- just some confusion about the accounts/alibis, which can happen when people are confused and upset and everything is being recorded for later comparison.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

*bump*

The Guardian: "Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito face retrial over Meredith Kercher murder
    Italian court overturns Knox and Sollecito acquittals, ordering fresh trials over death of British student"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...kercher-murder

I have such a gut feeling that they both did it, seriously...