User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Thread: Amanda Knox

Smile No Blood on the Wattle

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm not American, buddy. But one thing I was taught in school is the definition of "hypocrisy". An example, for your education: deriding others for something you do yourself.
    There is no blood on the wattle. We waged no bourgeois revolution aganst lawful authority, and we waged no civil war against each other.

You are accusing us of doing what the Americans have done, out of sheer pique.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Interesting comment today from the judge who handed down the verdict:

'Commenting on protests outside the court in Perugia after the verdict was announced, the judge observed that many Italians had already decided on Knox's guilt. "I think it stems from [her] American nationality," he said.'

Full article here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...ge-responsible
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    C'mon you are taught in school to valourise and glorify the American War of Independence and the American Civil War. But our history shows that both were unnecessary mass killings.
    I'm derailing massively at this point and apologise for that, but I do wonder if you have anything to say about your country's oppression of its aboriginal people.

(And I come from Canada, a country which also oppressed its aboriginal people, so that's not the kind of point I'm trying to make.)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Is there any evidence pointing to her guilt?

(honestly asking)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Is there any evidence pointing to her guilt?
    (honestly asking)
    She was convicted the first time.

She also erroneously fingered someone else as the culprit (for which she was still sentenced three years for, which she had already served, plus legal fees).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    She was convicted the first time.

She also erroneously fingered someone else as the culprit (for which she was still sentenced three years for, which she had already served, plus legal fees).
    Yeah, what actual evidence survives?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, what actual evidence survives?
    I'm honestly not sure they have anything. The major connection they had with her was the knife, I think; and her dna on the bra snaps. But the forensic advisors reviewing this during the appeal said that the material was so minute on the snaps to not meet any real standards for DNA evidence and was probably residual contamination of evidence, and the knife blade was so clean (as if it had been cleaned) that any DNA on the handle would not have realistically survived intact either, so was likely again to be evidence contamination. [Forgive me if my details are slightly off, but I got the gist right.]

I don't think there was anything else actually tying her to that apartment in regards to the crime. Her discrepancies in her story is probably the other part, but she was originally interrogated by this guy, I think, for 45-50 hours? She would have been what, 19-21 at the time? Please.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Thanks!

Damn American media wins again.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm honestly not sure they have anything. The major connection they had with her was the knife, I think; and her dna on the bra snaps. But the forensic advisors reviewing this during the appeal said that the material was so minute on the snaps to not meet any real standards for DNA evidence and was probably residual contamination of evidence, and the knife blade was so clean (as if it had been cleaned) that any DNA on the handle would not have realistically survived intact either, so was likely again to be evidence contamination. [Forgive me if my details are slightly off, but I got the gist right.]

I don't think there was anything else actually tying her to that apartment in regards to the crime. Her discrepancies in her story is probably the other part, but she was originally interrogated by this guy, I think, for 45-50 hours? She would have been what, 19-21 at the time? Please.
    What? Didn't she live there? It's not unlikely to me that her DNA could be anywhere in the apartment, especially if the knife happened to be a kitchen one (I didn't read the details). Even a bra snap isn't crazy for a female roommate....she could plausibly have picked it off the floor one day or something. There must be more to the evidence than that...?
    -end of thread-

Anew Leaf

Lightbulb You finally see the truth

Thanks!

Damn American media wins again.
    I am so glad, @MacGuffin, that you finally see the truth.

Yes, damn American indeed. What good has America ever brought to anyone? Their media infiltrates every other society like a vile ooze of oil that coats the thoughts and opinions of others. Its devilry dances in the streets of Bosnia and Siberia and Easter Island. Pulling down the sacred idols of other cultures into a mish mash of destruction.

Damn America! Let the beavers take over for they are much better suited to running America than the current establishment.

Then peace can gather upon the weary brow of this world like a cool hand soothing a fever.