User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Thread: Amanda Knox

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Thank you. I agree, and I am really, really fricking sick of this right now. I'm the first to admit that we as a country have problems, we overstep our bounds, and yes Victor, we're a bit imperialistic. But what people don't realize is that our country is divided really almost completely in half on the kinds of policies that make the rest of the world hate us. HALF OF US agree that these things are bad form. Many of us are working to try to CHANGE these types of policies. But we still get all the anti-American crap. It gets really fricking tiring after awhile. Also, all countries have their own problems, and I don't go around spouting anti-Australian or anti-Italian or anti-Kuwaiti or anti-Colombian crap.
    Not to derail the thread too much, but perhaps this stems from perceiving the country's inhabitants as so immersed in the "dominant culture" that it unconsciously becomes part of their perception and judgment of the world, like a sort of "mental virus" - a person as an unit of their dominant culture, so to speak? That's something I've thought about lately...

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The point is that we don't allow trial by media.

Unfortunately Italy does allow trial by media, but this is largely out of incompetence.

And worse, the USA also allows trial by media, the best media money can buy.

So in a civilized and competent country like mine Criminal Justice is dispensed by the Criminal Courts, not by the media.
    Isn't the "trial by media" thing more about journalistic standards than about the justice system?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Trial by media has nothing to do with Criminal Justice. It's more like the fevered imaginings of the lynch mob. It's more like the low satisfaction group bullies take on this site.
    Thank god the Italian media isn't run by America.

OR IS IT???

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Victor, you are on my Ignore list and have been since I told you that you were -- but you quoted my post, and so now I got a Notification, and I come here and find more baseless accusations from you.

I did not quote you.
    I was not responding to you.
    I actually was making a tongue-in-cheek joke in response to someone else's comment about Australia.
    Now instead of discussing the issues, you are making a personal attack on me (which is against the rules) as well as derailing this thread.
    If you want to make unwarranted cracks about other countries, at least have the thickness of skin to accept some criticism of Australia in return and also lighten up a bit.

Please do not quote me again, I do not want the notification to appear on my profile page.
    I'd also prefer that you never speak to me again -- ever.
    No kidding.

Thanks.
    Please stop using your position of trust to harass me and so lead the group bullies against me.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

This is another cheap shot from someone in a position of trust on Central, and who has publicly said they would put me on Ignore and so stop leading the group bullies against me.

And for the record - Australia was settled by the Scottish and English Enlightenment. We gained our independence from Britain without killing anyone and united a whole Continent again without killing anyone.

Americans hate us for this for they gained their independence by mass killing in their War of Independence and united the Continental USA by mass killing in a Civil War.
    I'm sorry, what was that you were saying about cheap shots?
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Isn't the "trial by media" thing more about journalistic standards than about the justice system?
    In a Criminal Justice system worthy of the name, trial by media is treated by the Criminal Court as Contempt of Court. And Contempt of Court is a serious offence and is likely to lead to a prison sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm sorry, what was that you were saying about cheap shots?
    C'mon you are taught in school to valourise and glorify the American War of Independence and the American Civil War. But our history shows that both were unnecessary mass killings.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

C'mon you are taught in school to valourise and glorify the American War of Independence and the American Civil War. But our history shows that both were unnecessary mass killings.
    Hey, if you want to remain England's manservant, go right ahead.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm not American, buddy. But one thing I was taught in school is the definition of "hypocrisy". An example, for your education: deriding others for something you do yourself.
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Hey, if you want to remain England's manservant, go right ahead.
    It seems all you want to do is join the group bullies and keep on insulting me. You know that insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

And for the record - we gained our independence from Britain peacefully and amicably, and indeed remain part of the Commonealth of Nations.

Whereas America waged an eight year revolution against lawful authority And it was a bourgeois revolution which marks your country as bourgeois today.

You should be ashamed your country has such a violent bourgeois history, and ashamed your country allows trial by media.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

It seems all you want to do is join the group bullies and keep on insulting me. You know that insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

And for the record - we gained our independence from Britain peacefully and amicably, and indeed remain part of the Commonealth of Nations.

Whereas America waged an eight year revolution against lawful authority And it was a bourgeois revolution which marks your country as bourgeois today.

You should be ashamed your country has such a violent bourgeois history, and ashamed your country allows trial by media.
    Translation: Australia is still England's whipping boy, the USA wins again!