User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 19

  1. #1
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,376

    Exclamation More Economics Fun

    For those who don't know what Fiat money is
    and the economic time bomb ticking that will have worldwide ripples.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    For those who don't know what Fiat money is
    and the economic time bomb ticking that will have worldwide ripples.
    “Crises are never more than momentary, violent solutions for the existing contradictions, violent eruptions that re-establish the disturbed balance for the time being” (Karl Marx, CAPITAL VOLUME III, Development of the Laws Internal Contradictions Ch. 15 page 357).

    Have fun with that.

  3. #3
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    “Crises are never more than momentary, violent solutions for the existing contradictions, violent eruptions that re-establish the disturbed balance for the time being” (Karl Marx, CAPITAL VOLUME III, Development of the Laws Internal Contradictions Ch. 15 page 357).

    Have fun with that.
    Perhaps you would be so kind as to help identifying the relevancy of your post, as I see none.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Perhaps you would be so kind as to help identifying the relevancy of your post, as I see none.
    Which doesnt surprise me.

    The scaremongering about fiat currencies is just the latest effort to overturn democracy by the neo-liberals who want to realise their dreams of a rich mans paradise in which the state restricts itself to beating on the poor at their gates and some how manages to do even that free of charge.

    In fact I'd go further and say that its the work of confidence tricksters who're trying to ramp the price of gold from about the early ninties and spells just how far down the road of voodoo economics finance has gone.

    My point was that if you want to read up on "end of the world" crisis of epic proportions resulting from internal contradictions with the advent of a totally new world order reading, its been done, the neo-liberal/capitalist libertarian cantor and old marxism resembles each other so much.

  5. #5
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Which doesnt surprise me.

    The scaremongering about fiat currencies is just the latest effort to overturn democracy by the neo-liberals who want to realise their dreams of a rich mans paradise in which the state restricts itself to beating on the poor at their gates and some how manages to do even that free of charge.

    In fact I'd go further and say that its the work of confidence tricksters who're trying to ramp the price of gold from about the early ninties and spells just how far down the road of voodoo economics finance has gone.

    My point was that if you want to read up on "end of the world" crisis of epic proportions resulting from internal contradictions with the advent of a totally new world order reading, its been done, the neo-liberal/capitalist libertarian cantor and old marxism resembles each other so much.
    My starting this thread is a mere offer of information, so better informed people can make informed decisions. I fail to see how informing can have a negative impact, or be rendered as scaremongering, unless the information is inaccurate or false, or any advice is provided for manipulative purposes. If you believe that to be the case, please point out any such content. If you think the links I provided are insufficient or misleading, I encourage you to adding your own.


    If neither is the case, however, what do you propose? As otherwise, your post strikes as mere contemplative rhetoric. Shall we resort to passively drinking piña coladas by the beach (for those who can afford to) waiting out for waters to calm?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    My starting this thread is a mere offer of information, so better informed people can make informed decisions. I fail to see how informing can have a negative impact, or be rendered as scaremongering, unless the information is inaccurate or false, or any advice is provided for manipulative purposes. If you believe that to be the case, please point out any such content. If you think the links I provided are insufficient or misleading, I encourage you to adding your own.


    If neither is the case, however, what do you propose? As otherwise, your post strikes as mere contemplative rhetoric. Shall we resort to passively drinking piña coladas by the beach (for those who can afford to) waiting out for waters to calm?
    You sure do.

    I'll leave your thread to all the others who've shown an interest.

  7. #7
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You sure do.

    I'll leave your thread to all the others who've shown an interest.
    Thank you for your insightful input.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    470

    Default

    fiat currency is the richmans paradise

  9. #9
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    I confess that I really have no understanding of this debate. What is the relevant difference between using fiat money and commodity money? Is there any difference between these monetary systems other than mere reification?

    The video there tried to explain something about fiat money. It did not, however, specifically explain anything about a possible alternative.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #10
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Why so rude, Lark?

    Can't you make a point without insults? If so, please try it.

    /neo-Liberal
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Similar Threads

  1. More Fun in Arizona- Ignoring the Constitution edition
    By Ivy in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 06:33 PM
  2. The Fun Game of Economics
    By phobik in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 06:30 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 12:05 PM
  4. Songs you find more fun than a barrel of monkeys
    By Angry Ayrab in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 12:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO