User Tag List

12 Last

Exclamation More Economics Fun

For those who don't know what Fiat money is
    and the economic time bomb ticking that will have worldwide ripples.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    For those who don't know what Fiat money is
    and the economic time bomb ticking that will have worldwide ripples.
    “Crises are never more than momentary, violent solutions for the existing contradictions, violent eruptions that re-establish the disturbed balance for the time being” (Karl Marx, CAPITAL VOLUME III, Development of the Laws Internal Contradictions Ch. 15 page 357).

Have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    “Crises are never more than momentary, violent solutions for the existing contradictions, violent eruptions that re-establish the disturbed balance for the time being” (Karl Marx, CAPITAL VOLUME III, Development of the Laws Internal Contradictions Ch. 15 page 357).

Have fun with that.
    Perhaps you would be so kind as to help identifying the relevancy of your post, as I see none.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Perhaps you would be so kind as to help identifying the relevancy of your post, as I see none.
    Which doesnt surprise me.

The scaremongering about fiat currencies is just the latest effort to overturn democracy by the neo-liberals who want to realise their dreams of a rich mans paradise in which the state restricts itself to beating on the poor at their gates and some how manages to do even that free of charge.

In fact I'd go further and say that its the work of confidence tricksters who're trying to ramp the price of gold from about the early ninties and spells just how far down the road of voodoo economics finance has gone.

My point was that if you want to read up on "end of the world" crisis of epic proportions resulting from internal contradictions with the advent of a totally new world order reading, its been done, the neo-liberal/capitalist libertarian cantor and old marxism resembles each other so much.

Which doesnt surprise me.

The scaremongering about fiat currencies is just the latest effort to overturn democracy by the neo-liberals who want to realise their dreams of a rich mans paradise in which the state restricts itself to beating on the poor at their gates and some how manages to do even that free of charge.

In fact I'd go further and say that its the work of confidence tricksters who're trying to ramp the price of gold from about the early ninties and spells just how far down the road of voodoo economics finance has gone.

My point was that if you want to read up on "end of the world" crisis of epic proportions resulting from internal contradictions with the advent of a totally new world order reading, its been done, the neo-liberal/capitalist libertarian cantor and old marxism resembles each other so much.
    My starting this thread is a mere offer of information, so better informed people can make informed decisions. I fail to see how informing can have a negative impact, or be rendered as scaremongering, unless the information is inaccurate or false, or any advice is provided for manipulative purposes. If you believe that to be the case, please point out any such content. If you think the links I provided are insufficient or misleading, I encourage you to adding your own.

If neither is the case, however, what do you propose? As otherwise, your post strikes as mere contemplative rhetoric. Shall we resort to passively drinking piña coladas by the beach (for those who can afford to) waiting out for waters to calm?
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

My starting this thread is a mere offer of information, so better informed people can make informed decisions. I fail to see how informing can have a negative impact, or be rendered as scaremongering, unless the information is inaccurate or false, or any advice is provided for manipulative purposes. If you believe that to be the case, please point out any such content. If you think the links I provided are insufficient or misleading, I encourage you to adding your own.

If neither is the case, however, what do you propose? As otherwise, your post strikes as mere contemplative rhetoric. Shall we resort to passively drinking piña coladas by the beach (for those who can afford to) waiting out for waters to calm?
    You sure do.

I'll leave your thread to all the others who've shown an interest.

You sure do.

I'll leave your thread to all the others who've shown an interest.
    Thank you for your insightful input.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

MBTI
    INFP

fiat currency is the richmans paradise

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I confess that I really have no understanding of this debate. What is the relevant difference between using fiat money and commodity money? Is there any difference between these monetary systems other than mere reification?

The video there tried to explain something about fiat money. It did not, however, specifically explain anything about a possible alternative.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTj

Why so rude, Lark?

Can't you make a point without insults? If so, please try it.

/neo-Liberal
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight