User Tag List

First 19596768697071 Last

The mic checking is so silly.

Some politicians handle it better than others.

[YOUTUBE="1k8IfshgGN8"]Ron Paul gets Mic checked by OWS[/YOUTUBE]
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Ron Paul Rocks!
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    The mic checking is so silly.

Some politicians handle it better than others.

[YOUTUBE="1k8IfshgGN8"]Ron Paul gets Mic checked by OWS[/YOUTUBE]
    I never heard of this but I would have figured that a populist like Ron Paul would have been able to turn something like that to his advantage easily, it also highlights something which I have thought about the OWS demos, it seems like something which Tea Partiers should be able to get behind but they wont.

In part its because of the real class dimension of these political divisions, the tea party movement is seriously a rich man's tool, but also because the OWS really do expose a major flaw in Tea Party ideology.

What is the Tea Party policy simplified? Less government, well, when it was tried and Clinton deregulated banking it caused a crisis, so what's the policy given that evidence, "Even less government", its ridiculous. Its just like Pol Pot when he was questioned about the carnage his revolution had unleashed in Cambodia and he said that if the revolution had failed it had only failed in not going further.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

I, too, can play at that game.
    Trading wittisms, particularly from buttons or mouse mats, isnt really a discussion, its not even a dialogue, its the "go team" rah-rah nonsense which amounts to the sorry excuse for politics in the US but lets hope its not spreading.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Trading wittisms, particularly from buttons or mouse mats, isnt really a discussion, its not even a dialogue, its the "go team" rah-rah nonsense which amounts to the sorry excuse for politics in the US but lets hope its not spreading.
    Get your head out of your ass. If you can't see the facts and you only relate to "rah rah", don't impose that bullshit on us. Simple case of major projection.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Sniffles

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What is the Tea Party policy simplified? Less government, well, when it was tried and Clinton deregulated banking it caused a crisis, so what's the policy given that evidence, "Even less government", its ridiculous. Its just like Pol Pot when he was questioned about the carnage his revolution had unleashed in Cambodia and he said that if the revolution had failed it had only failed in not going further.
    Yeah, Žižek talks about this in the video I posted a while back in this thread. The "purity" line of reasoning is nothing but dogmatism.

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Get your head out of your ass. If you can't see the facts and you only relate to "rah rah", don't impose that bullshit on us. Simple case of major projection.
    Simple case of reading comprehension failure.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Simple case of reading comprehension failure.
    I think that of you with practically everything you post.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I think that of you with practically everything you post.
    Good one. I'm serious, though. From what you said about Lark's post, it seems as though you've overwhelmingly failed to understand what he said.

All he said was that exchanging little witticisms and other trivial one-liners is not conducive to productive conversation. It's the equivalent of an MSU and UofM fan trying to talk about sports by saying "go blue" and "go green" over and over again. It's unproductive and only serves as a rallying cry for those who already agree with you (hence "rah rah".)

Then you replied to him nonsensically, saying that he did not appreciate facts and could only "relate" to "rah rah," which, if you think about it, is sort of the opposite of what he's saying. How did you come to that conclusion if not from a failure to comprehend what you read?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Good one. I'm serious, though. From what you said about Lark's post, it seems as though you've overwhelmingly failed to understand what he said.
    I know you're serious, and honestly, SO AM I. We don't see eye-to-eye on anything, and I've noticed you misinterpreting other's posts too, in which I checked later to find that I had not misunderstood. It's you and not me. I don't understand why you give a shit whether we agree or not. Apparently, it's never going to happen.

Sometimes, there are other situations occurring that people are responding to also, in a bigger picture. Keep an open mind. The world does not exist only in a microscope.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype