User Tag List

First 19596768697071 Last

Results 681 to 690 of 723

  1. #681
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    The mic checking is so silly.

    Some politicians handle it better than others.

    [YOUTUBE="1k8IfshgGN8"]Ron Paul gets Mic checked by OWS[/YOUTUBE]
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  2. #682
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Ron Paul Rocks!
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  3. #683
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    The mic checking is so silly.

    Some politicians handle it better than others.

    [YOUTUBE="1k8IfshgGN8"]Ron Paul gets Mic checked by OWS[/YOUTUBE]
    I never heard of this but I would have figured that a populist like Ron Paul would have been able to turn something like that to his advantage easily, it also highlights something which I have thought about the OWS demos, it seems like something which Tea Partiers should be able to get behind but they wont.

    In part its because of the real class dimension of these political divisions, the tea party movement is seriously a rich man's tool, but also because the OWS really do expose a major flaw in Tea Party ideology.

    What is the Tea Party policy simplified? Less government, well, when it was tried and Clinton deregulated banking it caused a crisis, so what's the policy given that evidence, "Even less government", its ridiculous. Its just like Pol Pot when he was questioned about the carnage his revolution had unleashed in Cambodia and he said that if the revolution had failed it had only failed in not going further.

  4. #684
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

    I, too, can play at that game.
    Trading wittisms, particularly from buttons or mouse mats, isnt really a discussion, its not even a dialogue, its the "go team" rah-rah nonsense which amounts to the sorry excuse for politics in the US but lets hope its not spreading.

  5. #685
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Trading wittisms, particularly from buttons or mouse mats, isnt really a discussion, its not even a dialogue, its the "go team" rah-rah nonsense which amounts to the sorry excuse for politics in the US but lets hope its not spreading.
    Get your head out of your ass. If you can't see the facts and you only relate to "rah rah", don't impose that bullshit on us. Simple case of major projection.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  6. #686
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

  7. #687
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What is the Tea Party policy simplified? Less government, well, when it was tried and Clinton deregulated banking it caused a crisis, so what's the policy given that evidence, "Even less government", its ridiculous. Its just like Pol Pot when he was questioned about the carnage his revolution had unleashed in Cambodia and he said that if the revolution had failed it had only failed in not going further.
    Yeah, Žižek talks about this in the video I posted a while back in this thread. The "purity" line of reasoning is nothing but dogmatism.

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Get your head out of your ass. If you can't see the facts and you only relate to "rah rah", don't impose that bullshit on us. Simple case of major projection.
    Simple case of reading comprehension failure.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #688
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Simple case of reading comprehension failure.
    I think that of you with practically everything you post.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  9. #689
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I think that of you with practically everything you post.
    Good one. I'm serious, though. From what you said about Lark's post, it seems as though you've overwhelmingly failed to understand what he said.

    All he said was that exchanging little witticisms and other trivial one-liners is not conducive to productive conversation. It's the equivalent of an MSU and UofM fan trying to talk about sports by saying "go blue" and "go green" over and over again. It's unproductive and only serves as a rallying cry for those who already agree with you (hence "rah rah".)

    Then you replied to him nonsensically, saying that he did not appreciate facts and could only "relate" to "rah rah," which, if you think about it, is sort of the opposite of what he's saying. How did you come to that conclusion if not from a failure to comprehend what you read?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #690
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Good one. I'm serious, though. From what you said about Lark's post, it seems as though you've overwhelmingly failed to understand what he said.
    I know you're serious, and honestly, SO AM I. We don't see eye-to-eye on anything, and I've noticed you misinterpreting other's posts too, in which I checked later to find that I had not misunderstood. It's you and not me. I don't understand why you give a shit whether we agree or not. Apparently, it's never going to happen.

    Sometimes, there are other situations occurring that people are responding to also, in a bigger picture. Keep an open mind. The world does not exist only in a microscope.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Similar Threads

  1. Career choice gone awry... help?
    By Tamske in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 02:02 AM
  2. 'Occupy Wall Street' is counter-motivational
    By FunnyDigestion in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 07:35 PM
  3. Wall Street
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
  4. Wall Street's Driving Up Oil Prices
    By sLiPpY in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO