User Tag List

First 18586667686970 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    This is her second episode in this thread, too. She also accused me (baselessly, and rather hilariously) earlier of living with my parents, having a loser's outlook on life, having no job, and basically being a bum. Oh, and she had the nerve (without any trace of irony) to tell me that I needed to stop using the forum so much because it was impeding my ability to get a life.
    She and you just disagree on the facts of your life, of course.

and on basic math, too, going by your posting rates.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    She and you just disagree on the facts of your life, of course.
    PUT ME ON IGNORE, PLEASE.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Here's an interesting piece by Naomi Klein about the reason behind the crackdowns. I'm not really as surprised as she seems to be about all of this, though.

The shocking truth about the crackdown on Occupy
    But wait: why on earth would Congress advise violent militarised reactions against its own peaceful constituents? The answer is straightforward: in recent years, members of Congress have started entering the system as members of the middle class (or upper middle class) – but they are leaving DC privy to vast personal wealth, as we see from the "scandal" of presidential contender Newt Gingrich's having been paid $1.8m for a few hours' "consulting" to special interests. The inflated fees to lawmakers who turn lobbyists are common knowledge, but the notion that congressmen and women are legislating their own companies' profitsis less widely known – and if the books were to be opened, they would surely reveal corruption on a Wall Street spectrum. Indeed, we do already know that congresspeople are massively profiting from trading on non-public information they have on companies about which they are legislating – a form of insider trading that sent Martha Stewart to jail.

Since Occupy is heavily surveilled and infiltrated, it is likely that the DHS and police informers are aware, before Occupy itself is, what its emerging agenda is going to look like. If legislating away lobbyists' privileges to earn boundless fees once they are close to the legislative process, reforming the banks so they can't suck money out of fake derivatives products, and, most critically, opening the books on a system that allowed members of Congress to profit personally – and immensely – from their own legislation, are two beats away from the grasp of an electorally organised Occupy movement … well, you will call out the troops on stopping that advance.
    Ah, connected to the matters in this thread: Legal Insider Trading by Representatives.
    I wouldn't say it's shocking, either, though I hadn't made that connection myself.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Reading Naomi Klein's article its interesting not only that there's been such a crack down where its been abscent in other protests, such as tea party rallies, but why there's been a media black out or "they dont agree or know what they want" reportage, most of those points are things which surely anyone could get behind, including libertarians, or perhaps only those which campaign for good government before no government.

The last point about politicians with investments and the point about the banks and reform are very clear, very sensible and absolutely abscent from the political agenda at all.

It reminds me so much of how the scandal in the UK of UK politicians playing the, espeically london, housing market with tax payers money. It should have made way more headlines than the "greedy" unionised workers planning to strike next week for pension rights have.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Ah, connected to the matters in this thread: Legal Insider Trading by Representatives.
    I wouldn't say it's shocking, either, though I hadn't made that connection myself.
    The extent to which the political and money elites in the US are working hand in glove seems to be more advanced than the rest of the world but the UK is catching up.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

@Orangey you cited Naomi Wolf not Naomi Klein.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    @Orangey you cited Naomi Wolf not Naomi Klein.
    Fuck. I've been re-reading The Shock Doctrine, so I had Naomi Klein on the mind.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

I, too, can play at that game.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

I, too, can play at that game.
    Impressive!
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype