User Tag List

First 16566465666768 Last

Results 651 to 660 of 723

  1. #651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Valid point. But Lark was incorrectly citing this as a fundamental flaw of the system.
    Really?

  2. #652
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    What is the relevance? I can just as easily quote "authorities" with opposing views.

    So, what would be ironic about my superior understanding of economics if I wish to critically appraise capitalist ideology? Its only good sense, now, not knowing some central planks of classical economics, such as Says Law, when professing to believe in capitalism and neo-classical economic capitalism at that, well, you work it out.
    Dogmatically rehashing selected economic theories without adding insights of your own is not a sign of superior knowledge.

    Although I'm sure you guys will get back to telling us how the availablility of universal benefits is really to blame for gross inequality and the decisions of the obscenely wealthy and greedy the game the entire world economy.
    Nope. My assertion is that the inequalities in our system is due to the absence of proper checks and balances that are necessary to prevent the greedy power brokers from gaming the system for personal profit at the expense of the rest of us.

  3. #653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    What is the relevance? I can just as easily quote "authorities" with opposing views.
    Oh alright, what age are you? I mean if you're going to discuss topics at a juniors level perhaps you'd be happier with someone in the same age group?

    Dogmatically rehashing selected economic theories without adding insights of your own is not a sign of superior knowledge.
    Which is entirely what yourself and ICUP has done, its pretty much what the whole neo-classical and libertarian school of thought is.

    Nope. My assertion is that the inequalities in our system is due to the absence of proper checks and balances that are necessary to prevent the greedy power brokers from gaming the system for personal profit at the expense of the rest of us.
    hmm, yeah.

  4. #654
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Oh alright, what age are you? I mean if you're going to discuss topics at a juniors level perhaps you'd be happier with someone in the same age group?
    Are you pleading senility? If so, I will cut you some slack.

  5. #655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Are you pleading senility? If so, I will cut you some slack.
    No, I'm just aware of who I'm talking to.

  6. #656
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, its not obvious and its wrong. Although thanks for sharing. Arent you worried about appearing so ignorant? I mean its good that you're honest but there's such a thing as being honest to a fault too.
    None of the other entj's I talk to have any problems seeing my pov (including my S.O., who is extremely educated and political compared to me.) I don't find you to be objective, honestly, and I don't believe you are entj.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  7. #657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    None of the other entj's I talk to have any problems seeing my pov (including my S.O., who is extremely educated and political compared to me.) I don't find you to be objective, honestly, and I don't believe you are entj.
    Let me get this right because I dont share your political opinions and I'm not the same as your SO you've decided that I'm not ENTJ?

    I see your point of view, its just wrong.

  8. #658
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Let me get this right because I dont share your political opinions and I'm not the same as your SO you've decided that I'm not ENTJ?

    I see your point of view, its just wrong.
    You are unobjective compared to the other ENTJ's I know. They don't assume as much as I do, you assume more. Your thoughts many times are based on feelings, and instead of hashing out arguments on a practical basis, you dismiss and ignore. ENTJ's are grittier than you are. I've considered ENTJ 1, but you just don't have the objective thought for it. You also don't seem as adaptive as an entj. etc. etc. etc. I could go on.

    My guess is INFJ 9 or 1 so/sp. You seem to be dominant Ni.

    "Dominant: Introverted intuition (Ni)

    Attracted to symbolic actions or devices, Ni synthesizes seeming paradoxes to create the previously unimagined. These realizations come with a certainty that demands action to fulfill a new vision of the future, solutions that may include complex systems or universal truths."


    Your head is not with me in an argument. You respond to me with how you feel about what I've said, and I can't even make a connection many times with what I've written and what you've said. It's not an argument, but just me giving my opinions, and then you telling me how you FEEL about them. You're a feeler. You may be Fe dom. I'm not a good guess when it comes to feeling types.

    After all, capitalism is not "cool" anymore.
    Last edited by ICUP; 11-27-2011 at 06:25 AM.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  9. #659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    You are unobjective compared to the other ENTJ's I know. They don't assume as much as I do, you assume more. Your thoughts many times are based on feelings, and instead of hashing out arguments on a practical basis, you dismiss. ENTJ's are grittier than you are. I've considered ENTJ 1, but you just don't have the objective thought for it.

    My guess is INFJ 9 or 1 so/sp. You seem to be dominant Ni.
    You're confusing objectivity with your politics and opinions, which are not objective, so far as being gritty, you go me, I dont know what that means, sounds like some subjective feelings to me there.

    So far as my thoughts being based upon feelings, not really, my thoughts are based upon judgements pure and simple and thinking things out, when you and your pals got confused about economics earlier I provided some links to the wiki, which I judged to be about your level of understanding and it wasnt me who first brought the big "we" into the dicussion and very gradually moved it across from any critical discussion towards becoming more discordant, towards finally discussing the posters, personally, rather than the topic.

    I hope you think about all this and it permits you to have a better out look on things. Its interesting the amount of F and P types I've met on the forum who're pretty shallow thinkers and attribute differences of opinion on an unobjective and unexamining outlook on life. I'm waiting on the analytical break through which has you all trying to do more than recycle the latest vogue in thinking as "the truth".

  10. #660
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You're confusing objectivity with your politics and opinions, which are not objective, so far as being gritty, you go me, I dont know what that means, sounds like some subjective feelings to me there.

    So far as my thoughts being based upon feelings, not really, my thoughts are based upon judgements pure and simple and thinking things out, when you and your pals got confused about economics earlier I provided some links to the wiki, which I judged to be about your level of understanding and it wasnt me who first brought the big "we" into the dicussion and very gradually moved it across from any critical discussion towards becoming more discordant, towards finally discussing the posters, personally, rather than the topic.

    I hope you think about all this and it permits you to have a better out look on things. Its interesting the amount of F and P types I've met on the forum who're pretty shallow thinkers and attribute differences of opinion on an unobjective and unexamining outlook on life. I'm waiting on the analytical break through which has you all trying to do more than recycle the latest vogue in thinking as "the truth".
    Nope, sorry. It bugs me that you have ENTJ under your name, when you are clearly, NOT. WTF. If you want people to take you seriously, at least type yourself correctly.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Similar Threads

  1. Career choice gone awry... help?
    By Tamske in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 02:02 AM
  2. 'Occupy Wall Street' is counter-motivational
    By FunnyDigestion in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 07:35 PM
  3. Wall Street
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
  4. Wall Street's Driving Up Oil Prices
    By sLiPpY in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO