MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Who's we?
    Everyone here.

I've no problem with my hearing, what's wrong with your understanding?
    I think the same about you. What if we just got rid of America. How would the world exist? Certainly with less technology, less brands, less of everything. This has been a great provider and a great country, in a lot of ways. Many people around the world enjoy the fruits of our labors, and they are the greatest in many instances. Give up your pc, for instance. You wouldn't be communicating with me right now if it weren't for American product.

Capitalism Wins. It motivates people to produce for the masses. Capitalism enriches quality of life.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Everyone here.
    Yeah, I knew it was an appeal to the imaginary gallery, its a troll move, surprised that you're so cool with it.

I think the same about you. What if we just got rid of America. How would the world exist? Certainly with less technology, less brands, less of everything. This has been a great provider and a great country, in a lot of ways. Many people around the world enjoy the fruits of our labors, and they are the greatest in many instances. Give up your pc, for instance. You wouldn't be communicating with me right now if it weren't for American product.

Capitalism Wins. It motivates people to produce for the masses. Capitalism enriches quality of life.
    Nawh, you dont think like me, this isnt sports fans. I've reached my opinions through the sort of scrutiny of facts and theories which is true to type. You havent, as this post and your crowd pleasing, cheer leading patriotic swerve in this thread more than evidences.

I'd not confuse America with capitalism, nor capitalism with the economy like you have.

The ugly Americanism of this post is pretty glaring, you're not well travelled if you honestly believe that the world owes everything to America.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yeah, I knew it was an appeal to the imaginary gallery, its a troll move, surprised that you're so cool with it.
    You can try to determine my intentions if you want, but you are wrong. I sometimes post impulsively, simple as that.

Nawh, you dont think like me, this isnt sports fans. I've reached my opinions through the sort of scrutiny of facts and theories which is true to type. You havent, as this post and your crowd pleasing, cheer leading patriotic swerve in this thread more than evidences.

I'd not confuse America with capitalism, nor capitalism with the economy like you have.

The ugly Americanism of this post is pretty glaring, you're not well travelled if you honestly believe that the world owes everything to America.
    You can pretend that sports fans are below you all you want, but I know plenty of intelligent, capable, and successful sports fans.

I've reached my opinions through scrutiny of facts as well. Here they are, now hand over your Apple products. You assume I believe things, when I do not. I don't think the world owes anything to America. I just know who's done it best in many instances, and doneso as a direct result of capitalism, and that was my point. There is proof that capitalism produces prosperity and enriches lives, and America is the proof, as well as several other countries.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

You can try to determine my intentions if you want, but you are wrong. I sometimes post impulsively, simple as that.

You can pretend that sports fans are below you all you want, but I know plenty of intelligent, capable, and successful sports fans.

I've reached my opinions through scrutiny of facts as well. Here they are, now hand over your Apple products. You assume I believe things, when I do not. I don't think the world owes anything to America. I just know who's done it best in many instances, and doneso as a direct result of capitalism, and that was my point. There is proof that capitalism produces prosperity and enriches lives, and America is the proof, as well as several other countries.
    So, the Apple products and this capitalism you attribute doing "it best in many instances" to, its not the same capitalism you refer to as crony capitalism and corporatism right?

I think I'll consider discussing topics like this with you again when it looks like you've got things better figured out yourself. Thanks for chatting but you didnt even really understand the sports reference so maybe at a later date when you've participated in a couple of discussions, you seem friendly but my whole time would be spent trying to bring you up to speed and you'd only resent it (not to mention resist it) anyway.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

So, the Apple products and this capitalism you attribute doing "it best in many instances" to, its not the same capitalism you refer to as crony capitalism and corporatism right?
    Capitalism is apparent in the structure; it has just been corrupted. Capitalism is still the base economy. I thought this would be obvious.

I think I'll consider discussing topics like this with you again when it looks like you've got things better figured out yourself. Thanks for chatting but you didnt even really understand the sports reference so maybe at a later date when you've participated in a couple of discussions, you seem friendly but my whole time would be spent trying to bring you up to speed and you'd only resent it (not to mention resist it) anyway.
    Same on my end, except I am willing to go the long-haul. If you don't want to waste your time explaining yourself, then why post in the first place.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTj

Capitalism doesnt have to produce things people want, supply creates its own demand.
    Are you able to illustrate this baseless claim with real life examples of this mechanism at it's best?

I cant believe how ignorant you guys are of economics when you imagine its the corner stone of your thinking.
    It's ironic that you would say that.

Maybe I can put this how you'll understand it. Capitalism isnt cool anymore.
    [/quote]
    That's about all you've been saying over and over. Capitalism pisses you off so it ain't no good.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Are you able to illustrate this baseless claim with real life examples of this mechanism at it's best?
    You've heard of demand creation, haven't you? Isn't that the entire point of advertising?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I know I'm wasting my time but anyway. Here we go libertarian kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Say's_law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_...its_own_demand

It's ironic that you would say that.
    Alright you dont understand irony then either. Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    So, what would be ironic about my superior understanding of economics if I wish to critically appraise capitalist ideology? Its only good sense, now, not knowing some central planks of classical economics, such as Says Law, when professing to believe in capitalism and neo-classical economic capitalism at that, well, you work it out.

That's about all you've been saying over and over. Capitalism pisses you off so it ain't no good.
    You've not read or treated seriously any of the posts then because if that was all I had to say then I would have said it and saved us all some time. Although I'm sure you guys will get back to telling us how the availablility of universal benefits is really to blame for gross inequality and the decisions of the obscenely wealthy and greedy the game the entire world economy.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Capitalism is apparent in the structure; it has just been corrupted. Capitalism is still the base economy. I thought this would be obvious.
    Yeah, its not obvious and its wrong. Although thanks for sharing. Arent you worried about appearing so ignorant? I mean its good that you're honest but there's such a thing as being honest to a fault too.

Same on my end, except I am willing to go the long-haul. If you don't want to waste your time explaining yourself, then why post in the first place.
    It is not that I dont mind explaining my posts, my posts you understand rather than myself, anyway, but when I see patterns such as some of the responses I've read so far its clear that its not a discussion being had, its a slanging match, the exchange of witty insults in a "go team" sort of mindset, most obviously given away when someone deploys the great big "we" in the course of the discussion. This is really different from discussion. Its much less interesting or engaging.

If I really wanted to do that sort of thing with my time I think I'd have gone into teaching.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    You've heard of demand creation, haven't you? Isn't that the entire point of advertising?
    Valid point. But Lark was incorrectly citing this as a fundamental flaw of the system.