User Tag List

First 949575859606169 Last

Results 581 to 590 of 723

  1. #581
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    This is a link to a non-scientific poll by New York Magazine of the OWS protestors.

    It doesn't imply much one way or the other, but it's interesting to read. I think you'd get similar results with most random people you meet on the street, like they used to do on Jay Leno.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  2. #582
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    A survey done at occupywallst.org shows that 93% of people support the protest...

    How surprising.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  3. #583
    Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    A survey done at occupywallst.org shows that 93% of people support the protest...

    How surprising.
    Haha, yeah I thought it was dumb to even ask that question on their particular poll. I was more interested in statistics like the education level, employment situations, etc on those statistics.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

  4. #584
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Lol, they always have, and they always will.
    Arguing against regulation on the grounds that they can be circumvented is like arguing against rape laws because some rapists can game the system and escape punishment.

    Canada is not the US. They are much more socialized than we are.
    Are you suggesting that Canada does not have cut-throat capitalists?

    My point was that Canada's banks are in good shape because stricter regulation prevented management from taking reckless gambles for personal profit. The banks did not refrain out of social responsibility.

    They didn't have any investments or growth.
    Where did you get that idea from?

    Many capitalists want the Federal Government to take their hands out of the pie.
    They want the government to pass strict laws to defend their corporate policies, but at the same time, leave them alone to do as they please.

    They paid back that money, with interest.
    I think you do not understand the concept of investment risks. If I took 100k of your money, placed a double or nothing bet at a casino, won and paid you 2% interest after 1 week, would you be grateful or horrified?

  5. #585
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Oakland PD do not have a badge number on their uniforms. Which means they are covering their only form of identification.
    That's not true. Their badge number is on their badge, which they must wear on their uniforms. The only time it is obscured is when they have a rain parka on, and other types of gear. The penal code is SUPERCEDED by different types of outfits. They are required by law to tell you their badge number if asked. Their badge number is usually also on their hats.

    BIG FUCKING HAIRY DEAL anyway, in most cases. Most of the cops are just doing their jobs, and getting harrassed by dumb idiots, from what I've seen. If a cop asks me to move along, I figure there's a reason for it, and I do it to keep myself safe. I am not in the business of being a bitch who harrasses police officers because I am a loser. That's why I couldn't be a police officer, because when someone harrassed me, I would probably be fired or arrested lol........

    Contrary to people who have been watching George Soros material, we don't live in a Hitleresque police state lmfao.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    A survey done at occupywallst.org shows that 93% of people support the protest...

    How surprising.
    I don't believe that. I don't know anyone personally who supports it. I've heard of two people who were going to protest, and both of them are unemployed loser types. I know another guy who drove down there to see them, just so he could make fun of the protesters later. There are all kinds of opinions on the percentage of people who support ows, from different news sources.

    I don't believe the statistics are correct either. It's already been proven that some people were paid to protest.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  6. #586
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    That's why I couldn't be a police officer, because when someone harrassed me, I would probably be fired or arrested lol........
    Same here.

  7. #587
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    http://www.fastcompany.com/1792056/o...cs-infographic

    A survey done at the OWS site compiled demographic statistics about OWS protesters.

    Why is "other" such a big number on the race stat? Are Eskimos protesting now or do hipsters just think being white is "too mainstream"?
    +10% Crit Chance

  8. #588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Why is "other" such a big number on the race stat? Are Eskimos protesting now or do hipsters just think being white is "too mainstream"?
    Aliens.

  9. #589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Why is "other" such a big number on the race stat? Are Eskimos protesting now or do hipsters just think being white is "too mainstream"?
    What are hipsters? Anyway, I think there's a lot of liberal opinion which is anti-white, even among white people, so it could account for that.

  10. #590

    Default

    I'm surprised at how tea partiers or capitalists are fond of attacking things like this, its largely people blowing off steam without any idea about structural adjustments, I'm not sure they even have a consensus on taxes among them, so what's wrong with that?

    Likewise I'd have thought that people wanting to defend capitalism as a utopia wouldnt be big fans of the guys who are bringing about crisis which threatens it in any shape or form. Is capitalism just wall st.? Is it just whatever the rich guys say it is? That's what its beginning to look like and libertarians have bought it lock, stock and barrel.

Similar Threads

  1. Career choice gone awry... help?
    By Tamske in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 02:02 AM
  2. 'Occupy Wall Street' is counter-motivational
    By FunnyDigestion in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 07:35 PM
  3. Wall Street
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
  4. Wall Street's Driving Up Oil Prices
    By sLiPpY in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO