User Tag List

First 848565758596068 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    IDK, ask me tomorrow after I haven't had 4 beers.

It's better than most. I wouldn't say it's totally non-biased. I can't claim that. Why do you like it?
    I mostly like the lack of editing and commentating. Commentators can completely skew what is happening, when I really just want to see what is happening.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

You bunch of greedy pricks! You are hated!
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Doesnt matter. Poison can come from a sassquach's shlong, all I care about is whos doing the poisoning.
    The failing loans are the poison. If you care about who is doing the poisoning, it does matter where they come from.

Other puzzles include:
    - Why did banks make bad loans? All banks make a few, of course, but why so many?
    - Why did customers want bad loans?
    - Why did brokers buy up the bad loans?

For some strange reason, poisonous loans were big business. Banks are among the most highly regulated businesses in the US. They can't just go and make bad loans: the regulators would call them out on it, right? They have to have the assets to back up the loans. After making a ton of loans, they can't just make more loans without finding some other source of assets to use.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Ginkgo

Precisely. It's imaginable that some people in the protest are homeless though.

Hmm... I wonder if reach people have a greater tendency to act like they own the place.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Precisely. It's imaginable that some people in the protest are homeless though.

Hmm... I wonder if reach people have a greater tendency to act like they own the place.
    As an argument, this whole idea is riddled with problems.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

So pictures and videos are now emerging of Oakland PD officers covering their name tags up with black tape. How do you guys feel about this? It IS against the California Penal Code. To my knowledge the only officers who have anything to fear regarding anonymity are people like Anthony Bologna who sprayed protesters with mace with zero provocation. Does it make you nervous that several police officers don't want their actions linked to their names?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    As an argument, this whole idea is riddled with problems.
    Yeah well ... Van Morrison

Your argument is invalid.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    So pictures and videos are now emerging of Oakland PD officers covering their name tags up with black tape. How do you guys feel about this? It IS against the California Penal Code. To my knowledge the only officers who have anything to fear regarding anonymity are people like Anthony Bologna who sprayed protesters with mace with zero provocation. Does it make you nervous that several police officers don't want their actions linked to their names?
    Creepy. Nervous? No. Creep'ed out.... yes.
    Some of them may just be paranoid, though. Although it is no excuse for not doing what they are supposed to, I might do it too if I was paranoid or afraid.

----------------------

EDIT: From my understanding, it's legal to hide your name, and you only need to show your badge number. So, they aren't doing anything illegal. Some do it because they don't want their personal lives involved. (I really don't blame them, and I would probably do it too.)

Most police have tape in their pockets anyway, because if they want to talk to you normally without being a cop, they can put a piece of tape over their badge number. It looks like they may've been off the clock in the video.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

EDIT: From my understanding, it's legal to hide your name, and you only need to show your badge number. So, they aren't doing anything illegal. Some do it because they don't want their personal lives involved. (I really don't blame them, and I would probably do it too.)

Most police have tape in their pockets anyway, because if they want to talk to you normally without being a cop, they can put a piece of tape over their badge number. It looks like they may've been off the clock in the video.
    Oakland PD do not have a badge number on their uniforms. Which means they are covering their only form of identification.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

http://www.fastcompany.com/1792056/o...cs-infographic

A survey done at the OWS site compiled demographic statistics about OWS protesters.

~