User Tag List

First 848565758596068 Last

Results 571 to 580 of 723

  1. #571
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    IDK, ask me tomorrow after I haven't had 4 beers.

    It's better than most. I wouldn't say it's totally non-biased. I can't claim that. Why do you like it?
    I mostly like the lack of editing and commentating. Commentators can completely skew what is happening, when I really just want to see what is happening.

  2. #572
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default



    You bunch of greedy pricks! You are hated!
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  3. #573
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Doesnt matter. Poison can come from a sassquach's shlong, all I care about is whos doing the poisoning.
    The failing loans are the poison. If you care about who is doing the poisoning, it does matter where they come from.

    Other puzzles include:
    - Why did banks make bad loans? All banks make a few, of course, but why so many?
    - Why did customers want bad loans?
    - Why did brokers buy up the bad loans?

    For some strange reason, poisonous loans were big business. Banks are among the most highly regulated businesses in the US. They can't just go and make bad loans: the regulators would call them out on it, right? They have to have the assets to back up the loans. After making a ton of loans, they can't just make more loans without finding some other source of assets to use.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  4. #574
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post


    You bunch of greedy pricks! You are hated!
    Precisely. It's imaginable that some people in the protest are homeless though.

    Hmm... I wonder if reach people have a greater tendency to act like they own the place.

  5. #575
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post


    You bunch of greedy pricks! You are hated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Precisely. It's imaginable that some people in the protest are homeless though.

    Hmm... I wonder if reach people have a greater tendency to act like they own the place.
    As an argument, this whole idea is riddled with problems.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  6. #576
    Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    So pictures and videos are now emerging of Oakland PD officers covering their name tags up with black tape. How do you guys feel about this? It IS against the California Penal Code. To my knowledge the only officers who have anything to fear regarding anonymity are people like Anthony Bologna who sprayed protesters with mace with zero provocation. Does it make you nervous that several police officers don't want their actions linked to their names?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

  7. #577
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    As an argument, this whole idea is riddled with problems.
    Yeah well ... Van Morrison




    Your argument is invalid.

  8. #578
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    So pictures and videos are now emerging of Oakland PD officers covering their name tags up with black tape. How do you guys feel about this? It IS against the California Penal Code. To my knowledge the only officers who have anything to fear regarding anonymity are people like Anthony Bologna who sprayed protesters with mace with zero provocation. Does it make you nervous that several police officers don't want their actions linked to their names?
    Creepy. Nervous? No. Creep'ed out.... yes.
    Some of them may just be paranoid, though. Although it is no excuse for not doing what they are supposed to, I might do it too if I was paranoid or afraid.


    ----------------------

    EDIT: From my understanding, it's legal to hide your name, and you only need to show your badge number. So, they aren't doing anything illegal. Some do it because they don't want their personal lives involved. (I really don't blame them, and I would probably do it too.)

    Most police have tape in their pockets anyway, because if they want to talk to you normally without being a cop, they can put a piece of tape over their badge number. It looks like they may've been off the clock in the video.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  9. #579
    Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    EDIT: From my understanding, it's legal to hide your name, and you only need to show your badge number. So, they aren't doing anything illegal. Some do it because they don't want their personal lives involved. (I really don't blame them, and I would probably do it too.)

    Most police have tape in their pockets anyway, because if they want to talk to you normally without being a cop, they can put a piece of tape over their badge number. It looks like they may've been off the clock in the video.
    Oakland PD do not have a badge number on their uniforms. Which means they are covering their only form of identification.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

  10. #580
    Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    http://www.fastcompany.com/1792056/o...cs-infographic

    A survey done at the OWS site compiled demographic statistics about OWS protesters.

    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

Similar Threads

  1. Career choice gone awry... help?
    By Tamske in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 02:02 AM
  2. 'Occupy Wall Street' is counter-motivational
    By FunnyDigestion in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 07:35 PM
  3. Wall Street
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
  4. Wall Street's Driving Up Oil Prices
    By sLiPpY in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO