User Tag List

First 747555657585967 Last

Results 561 to 570 of 723

  1. #561
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    @ICUP Fox news, of all the news sites, it is as bad as MSNBC....

    But anyways.
    What news channels do you watch?
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  2. #562
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I guess they should add that corruption REALLY is within the whole system, and not just Wall Street. I bet that one would turn some heads.

    At the end of the day, when the liberal party owns most of the stations, you only have a couple to choose from for important news such as this.
    So this "liberal party" owns all the news stations and is part of the big ACORN conspiracy. How big is this jewish reptilian liberal conspiracy?


    Corruption IS corruption. Don't pick and choose. End of story. You've chosen your party based on your own personal belief system and value system, just like I have. You believe that things happen TO you that you can't control. I believe there are some things I can't fully control such as the economy, but most things in my life, I can, such as getting a job. That's why I see it as an excuse to use the economy for a reason not to have a job. It's a victim's pov, imo.
    I dont believe Ive chosen a party. And the kind of corruption that supposedly sends a few people out to protest fakes an entire political movement with the help of their pawns in the media is different from the kind that nearly destroys the economy.

    Honestly, I used to think that too.

    But after I watched successful people for awhile vs. people who couldn't get a job, I started to realize that there really is a correlation between laziness and not getting a job. In fact, I can't think of a case where it isn't true.
    Is it as powerful as the correlation between a bad economy and not getting a job?

    I don't know one unemployed person who has put in the same amount of hours and effort into getting a job as the successful people I know have into working. I've known people who have been laid-off, but they got jobs soon afterward, because they had built up the level of skill and industriousness that people were looking for. Instead of fucking-off and assuming, these people are creating.

    That's not true about the gens, either. ENTJ's and economists at 20 are already conservative, for instance. So are kids in most of the South..... and other conservative areas. People attending "liberal" colleges tend to be liberal.

    When the economy falls, many people fall. The people who have the skills, and/or have made themselves irreplaceable in many situations, do not. It's about weak vs. strong. Survival of the fittest. That's why it's pretty obvious that the reason why the person doesn't have a job, is because s/he didn't make it happen, and yes, I think one can view this as laziness from the pov of someone who worked very hard to make it happen.... and that's based on anyone.
    Its occurred to me that this entire conversation has been starting to go off course due to my comment to Jaguar about jobs. I think its best to drop it, although I will add that its not just jobs but overall quality of living. Also, you might want to consider how far youre willing to take that social Darwinist "survival of the fittest mantra". Youll find that it can be used to justify nearly any shitty situation, "The people who are doing ok deserved it and the people who are not do not." at some point you have to draw a line.

    Also,

    When the economy falls, many people fall. The people who have the skills, and/or have made themselves irreplaceable in many situations, do not.
    This has nothing to do with laziness but with foresight. Was the factory worker supposed to know that in a few years his job would be shipped overseas? Going back to correlation between the economy and employment, most of these people would have jobs if the economy didnt go to shit. Was it their fault for not foreseeing the near collapse of the economy?
    +10% Crit Chance

  3. #563
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    What news channels do you watch?
    CNN, but they have their own issues too. But at least it isn't as obvious when it comes to spewing info in one direction or the other. I mean, I rather watch my local news channel not run by Fox than watch Fox news itself.

  4. #564
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    What news channels do you watch?
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/outfo...on-journalism/

    This is a good documentary on what is wrong with Fox news, told mostly by former employees. Keep in mind that this documentary is dated, Fox has only gotten worse as time goes by.

    Id also suggest you pick up the book "Flat Earth News", its not about Fox specifically but about the news industry in general.
    +10% Crit Chance

  5. #565
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    So this "liberal party" owns all the news stations and is part of the big ACORN conspiracy. How big is this jewish reptilian liberal conspiracy?
    *sigh* George Soros has ties into most of the popular news channels. This story is also in Reuters, and other sources, if you look for it. It's just an example, anyways. The point is, that anything that happens politically, is sponsored and corrupt. It doesn't "just happen".

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    I dont believe Ive chosen a party.
    You hold the beliefs of someone who is not conservative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    And the kind of corruption that supposedly sends a few people out to protest fakes an entire political movement with the help of their pawns in the media is different from the kind that nearly destroys the economy.
    There's corruption all-the-way-around, regardless. I don't see the point in arguing which is worse and which isn't worse. It's all bad. It's a problem that needs to be fixed in it's entirety. I'm not going to pick and choose which "side" should be fixed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Is it as powerful as the correlation between a bad economy and not getting a job?
    Totally. And more so...... How many people retained their jobs, or were able to get new ones, vs. how many people lost their jobs and aren't getting another?
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Its occurred to me that this entire conversation has been starting to go off course due to my comment to Jaguar about jobs. I think its best to drop it, although I will add that its not just jobs but overall quality of living. Also, you might want to consider how far youre willing to take that social Darwinist "survival of the fittest mantra". Youll find that it can be used to justify nearly any shitty situation, "The people who are doing ok deserved it and the people who are not do not." at some point you have to draw a line.
    It pretty much holds true in any scenario.

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Also, This has nothing to do with laziness but with foresight. Was the factory worker supposed to know that in a few years his job would be shipped overseas?
    Yes, if you look for upcoming trends, you can see if your factory job might be shipped overseas, and prepare so that you can find a job when that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Going back to correlation between the economy and employment, most of these people would have jobs if the economy didnt go to shit. Was it their fault for not foreseeing the near collapse of the economy?
    These people would have jobs now; all you have to do is become dedicated to getting one. Put in the time and effort.

    What are the positives of a poor economy? After we get rid of everything that can't compete or shouldn't be in operation, we re-build a better, stronger, updated economy. You seem to be pro-traditionalist in that way, yet under the liberal belief that bad things happen to good people, and we have no control of our destinies.
    Last edited by ICUP; 11-04-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  6. #566
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/outfo...on-journalism/

    This is a good documentary on what is wrong with Fox news, told mostly by former employees. Keep in mind that this documentary is dated, Fox has only gotten worse as time goes by.

    Id also suggest you pick up the book "Flat Earth News", its not about Fox specifically but about the news industry in general.
    It's all propaganda. All of the news sources are slanted, that I have found.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  7. #567
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    It's all propaganda. All of the news sources are slanted, that I have found.
    How do you feel about CSPAN? It is my preferred source of domestic news.

  8. #568
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    How do you feel about CSPAN? It is my preferred source of domestic news.
    One of the better ones.........
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  9. #569
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    One of the better ones.........
    Do you feel that it carries a biased agenda?

  10. #570
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Do you feel that it carries a biased agenda?
    IDK, ask me tomorrow after I haven't had 4 beers.

    It's better than most. I wouldn't say it's totally non-biased. I can't claim that. Why do you like it?
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Similar Threads

  1. Career choice gone awry... help?
    By Tamske in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 02:02 AM
  2. 'Occupy Wall Street' is counter-motivational
    By FunnyDigestion in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 07:35 PM
  3. Wall Street
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
  4. Wall Street's Driving Up Oil Prices
    By sLiPpY in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO