First 444525354555664 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Basic rules still apply, regardless of a corrupt system, or a non-corrupt system. If people don't like the system, they can stop using it. They can stop going to Wal-Mart, they can stop investing, they can stop using corporations. Yet they still do it. The people there tearing the banks down have bank accounts. They shop at Wal-Mart. They have iphones. They drive cars. They use all of the technologies and receive the fruits that capitalism has created.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

The OWS Idiot's Edition of The iPhone:

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Some of us actually live in the real world. You don't.
    Really, Sponge, you seem to enjoy playing the victim. That's your choice.
    Again, not relevant to anything I said nor does it contain any actual point of argument.

What impresses me most are the few people in this forum who know that where there's a will, there's a way.
    To those individuals, I say - salute.
    That statement is of only limited truth.

There are some obvious limits. What if I wanted to teleport? I really do. Can I do that because I want to? Probably never in my life time. How about flying? Technically I can take an aircraft. There are some serious limitations on that, but besides, for thousands of years before the Wright brothers there would have been no feasible way for anyone to fly. So if by there being a way where there's a will, you mean that the concerted effort of mankind can eventually accomplish something that most to all people of innumerable generations can't experience, yeah, I'll agree with you.

But there's more. What if two wills clash with mutually exclusive aims? Who wins? Taken literally your mantra causes some kind of paradox or contradiction there. This is relevant because people have mutually exclusive goals all the time. That is why these sorts of social conflicts happen in the end, so your point here really has no sociological value. It solves nothing. In such a situation, only one will succeeds, and I know one way that can happen is through violence and enslavement. So I guess there's that! I guess if you really believe in the power of will you could just go conquering people, but I suspect that's not what you intended.

On top of that all, I don't even see how your important understanding is relevant to the real discussion of this thread. How does "where there's a will, there's a way" equate to not prosecuting corrupt bankers, or having campaign finance law, or a progressive income tax, etc..? Where's the connection? How does the existence of will lead to making to attempt to enforce a standard fairness in our society?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Again blah blah bah
    Again.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Here are some headlines in a universe dominated by Jaguar's philosophy.

Lazy fuck dies of terminal cancer after failing to exercise his will to survive

Toddler raped and killed after deciding not to successfully fend of assailant

Millions of African children die from undisciplined character annually

Negligent population allow massive tsunami to emerge in Indian Ocean

See? The only reason anything goes wrong is because the so-called "victims" (if they deserve to be called that) didn't just use the powers of their will to avert the situation. They just let bad things happen to them, almost like they want it. Well no good thing comes without determination. When will these bums learn to get off their asses and stop getting killed? You know what I'm saying?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

<snipped childish nonsense>
    Get some counseling.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Get some counseling.
    I'm taking your mantra to its logical conclusion. You might want to qualify it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm taking your mantra to its logical conclusion. You might want to qualify it.
    I second that. You need counseling. About 75% of people need counseling according to me, so don't feel bad.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm surprised there haven't been more cases of police brutality with the excessive amount of police as well as protestors. Occupy Oakland hasn't been going well on that issue, but then again you're a brave soul to protest anything in Oakland.

figsfiggyfigs

I understand what they're arguing for, and I even think they have a bit of a point regarding the way their tax money is being spent. But I think this entire thing is incredibly idiotic. Do they really expect a major life changing outcome out of this protest?
    And the people that are protesting, are you kidding me? How is anyone supposed to listen and respect what you say if you're humming it while you beat drums?