User Tag List

First 40484950515260 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Every wealthy person I know is self-made. And I know 100's. The 'study' means nothing to me.
    How do you know 100s?
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

If you agree that the protestors should narrow their targets to only the corrupt leaders, rather than everyone who works on Wall St, please go here and vote my comment up so that it will show up for others to see (it's currently half way down the page, under some long discussions with starting posts that have been voted up):

http://occupywallst.org/article/call...comment-266636

This is what I wrote:

"I love the cause, and the momentum this has gained in fighting corruption is exciting.

However, I think the protests should target ONLY the CORRUPT LEADERS of Wall St, Washington, and corporations. To say that EVERYONE who works on Wall St, or that EVERYTHING about corporations is evil misses the point, and gives the opponents of OWS a big fat stupid red herring to work with. This wastes a lot of time and energy, and makes a smart worthy cause look stupid.

Please keep the protests targeted at the right people, so as not to make unintended enemies of those who might otherwise join in to support the cause. Be smart! Go OWS!"

MBTI
    ENTP

The protests have always been towards the corrupt members of Wall St.

What, do we have to specify "only the corrupt ones" so as to not hurt feelings? Fuck that. Wall Street is an organization, if its corrupt then we say "Wall Street is Corrupt". When the police are corrupt we say "The Police are Corrupt", when congress is corrupt we say "Congress is Corrupt". We dont have to pull this PC verbal acrobatic bullshit, "Oh SOME Congressmen are corrupt. But we dont want to offend the non-corrupt ones."

Wallstreet is corrupt.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post

What, do we have to specify "only the corrupt ones" so as to not hurt feelings? Fuck that. Wall Street is an organization, if its corrupt then we say "Wall Street is Corrupt". When the police are corrupt we say "The Police are Corrupt", when congress is corrupt we say "Congress is Corrupt". We dont have to pull this PC verbal acrobatic bullshit, "Oh SOME Congressmen are corrupt. But we dont want to offend the non-corrupt ones."

Wallstreet is corrupt.
    It's not about not-offending. It's about not abusing people who are innocent. If I am running a business, and all I've really done is help out and save my own ass, I guarantee you I won't be too nice if people physically attack me. That's bullshit, and it's unfair. It's like attacking the nicest, most innocent for-the-people politician, just because I decide that all politicians are evil. You can't abuse others, and paint them with a broad brush. Not only is it wrong, but it's stupid. Now, I can identify that I think most people in a crowd are probably hippies, losers, etc. or corrupt, sick individuals. But when I single people out to act on that, I'd better have my reasons, else I am attacking without good cause.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I tend to think, however, that large scale empirical research is a better answer to things than your individual, personal observation.
    Some of us actually live in the real world. You don't.
    Really, Sponge, you seem to enjoy playing the victim. That's your choice.

What impresses me most are the few people in this forum who know that where there's a will, there's a way.
    To those individuals, I say - salute.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    It's not about not-offending. It's about not abusing people who are innocent. If I am running a business, and all I've really done is help out and save my own ass, I guarantee you I won't be too nice if people physically attack me. That's bullshit, and it's unfair. It's like attacking the nicest, most innocent for-the-people politician, just because I decide that all politicians are evil. You can't abuse others, and paint them with a broad brush.
    When were people attacked? I missed this.
    +10% Crit Chance

Ginkgo

Lol.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Check out some of the demonstrations. This movement is attacking innocent banks and causing damages. That's abusing people, without good reason to. I am sure the secretaries in those banks are all evil.

How would you feel if you were sitting in a bank, working, and someone broke out the glass. I call that an attack, and it happens all the time in Oakland during OWS protests. Looting and window-breaking, to businesses that have nothing to do with the movement. Understand why I would dismiss it?

From a small business standpoint, these people are frightened for themselves and their own security, and for the security of their businesses. I find that the movement generates probably more enemies than friends, in this fashion. Their recklessness is not appreciated, by the residents of Oakland that care.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    If you agree that the protestors should narrow their targets to only the corrupt leaders, rather than everyone who works on Wall St, please go here and vote my comment up so that it will show up for others to see (it's currently half way down the page, under some long discussions with starting posts that have been voted up):

http://occupywallst.org/article/call...comment-266636

This is what I wrote:

"I love the cause, and the momentum this has gained in fighting corruption is exciting.

However, I think the protests should target ONLY the CORRUPT LEADERS of Wall St, Washington, and corporations. To say that EVERYONE who works on Wall St, or that EVERYTHING about corporations is evil misses the point, and gives the opponents of OWS a big fat stupid red herring to work with. This wastes a lot of time and energy, and makes a smart worthy cause look stupid.

Please keep the protests targeted at the right people, so as not to make unintended enemies of those who might otherwise join in to support the cause. Be smart! Go OWS!"

Wallstreet is corrupt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    It's not about not-offending. It's about not abusing people who are innocent. If I am running a business, and all I've really done is help out and save my own ass, I guarantee you I won't be too nice if people physically attack me. That's bullshit, and it's unfair. It's like attacking the nicest, most innocent for-the-people politician, just because I decide that all politicians are evil. You can't abuse others, and paint them with a broad brush. Not only is it wrong, but it's stupid. Now, I can identify that I think most people in a crowd are probably hippies, losers, etc. or corrupt, sick individuals. But when I act on that, I'd better have my reasons.
    Well it's been mostly peaceful, but I've heard of buildings being vandalized. And ICUP is correct, it has nothing to do with hurt feelings.

It's about being smart and targeting the right people. Generalizing against everyone who works on Wall St or for a corporation, and calling everything about them evil, just makes the whole movement look stupid and gives the OWS opponents a big red herring to argue against with valid arguments.

If the movement targeted the right people, who would argue against it?? Almost no one.

In fact, the only valid and logical argument I've heard so far against the true OWS cause, that had nothing to do with the red herring, was this: Corruption is an inevitable part of human nature, and perhaps a better way to deal with it would be increased transparency in campaign contributions. Although even that doesn't actually disagree with the core cause, and could actually be one of OWS's proposed solutions.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Wallstreet is corrupt.
    Agreed.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness