User Tag List

First 345671555 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    That isnt what I meant at all. I dont think the legality of a protest has much effect on its outcome, and even if it was legal it wouldnt change my point.
    You're upset about spam filters at Yahoo. That definitely has catastrophic consequences. Alert the media.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You're upset about spam filters at Yahoo. That definitely has catastrophic consequences. Alert the media.
    Yeah, a major communications company blocking communications for political reasons is a big deal, thank you very fucking much.

Youre concerned that these people are protesting without a license. I dont even know why youre on here, what with all the litterers and jaywalkers roaming free in the streets. If only there was some kind of masked man to bring these criminals to justice. You! Go, you are the hero that Gotham deserves!

And that wasnt even my point, my point was that these idiotic hippiefests are not only useless but in the long run work against their own goals.
    +10% Crit Chance

The reality is that the principle actors and agencies responsible for the present global economic crisis are effectively beyond reproach, that is worrying, if for no other reason than reproach and others expectations and judgements are, or at least where, a key part of the consequences for particularly illicit behaviours and bad choices.

Also, the thing about individual grievances being behind the demonstrators, what does that mean? Is it a return to the capitalist refrain that any demonstration attacking them or their system is really an attempt to dodge personal responsibility by life's jealous losers? I'm not trying to bait anyone with that remark, its, as opinions go, one among many.

The thing about personal responsibility is that its easy to be a big fan of that an oppose capitalism, at least the road that capitalism is presently taking (I would say that the very least because I think personal responsibility demands opposing capitalism altogether but that's just me), what is personal responsibility without resources? What resources can you have if someone else monopolises them and has no consequences for choosing to do whatever he pleases with them? Its not just the reckless gambling with those resources but ultimately the forms of exclusion which accompany that exclusive control and possession of them.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The reality is that the principle actors and agencies responsible for the present global economic crisis are effectively beyond reproach, that is worrying, if for no other reason than reproach and others expectations and judgements are, or at least where, a key part of the consequences for particularly illicit behaviours and bad choices.

Also, the thing about individual grievances being behind the demonstrators, what does that mean? Is it a return to the capitalist refrain that any demonstration attacking them or their system is really an attempt to dodge personal responsibility by life's jealous losers? I'm not trying to bait anyone with that remark, its, as opinions go, one among many.

The thing about personal responsibility is that its easy to be a big fan of that an oppose capitalism, at least the road that capitalism is presently taking (I would say that the very least because I think personal responsibility demands opposing capitalism altogether but that's just me), what is personal responsibility without resources? What resources can you have if someone else monopolises them and has no consequences for choosing to do whatever he pleases with them? Its not just the reckless gambling with those resources but ultimately the forms of exclusion which accompany that exclusive control and possession of them.
    Agreed.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What's "silly" is you making up something I never said.

No matter how you want to spin it, it's an illegal protest without a permit. It's common knowledge you can't conduct a parade, protest, demonstration etc. without a city permit.
    I'm not spinning what you said. I'm just making an observation of how it apparently is, which in my opinion is a bit silly. Do you not agree? I feel like there's a Monty Python skit on this topic.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENTP

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...n+Greenwald%29

A good article on the protests. I still think theyre a failure though.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

I've see that the tactic, at least since slavery (which was just as much an international wealth scheme), is to get the poor and disenfranchised to blame each other, and that is basically what this two-wing system has been doing. (With the whole "personal responsibility" jargon as the Right side's deflection tactic).
    Hence, those powers remain above reproach. We're all too busy reproaching each other or the partisan figureheads claiming to represent one side or the other.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I still think theyre a failure though.
    I think this is a good article about why they've been a bit of a failure.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ

And that wasnt even my point, my point was that these idiotic hippiefests are not only useless but in the long run work against their own goals.
    Hippies are the most prone to public protests. Sure, a lot of times they protest stupid, petty shit, but they also protest serious stuff too. Like it or not, filthy hippies are the first to protest before anyone else does, just as a simple cough preceeds a common cold as well as deadly ebola virus.

This describes how it takes a while for Americans to roll around to the concept of public protesting:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14978876
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Hippies are the most prone to public protests. Sure, a lot of times they protest stupid, petty shit, but they also protest serious stuff too. Like it or not, filthy hippies are the first to protest before anyone else does, just as a simple cough preceeds a common cold as well as deadly ebola virus.

This describes how it takes a while for Americans to roll around to the concept of public protesting:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14978876
    They're also easiest to get money off of for a mundane cause. Potential goldmine.