User Tag List

First 35434445464755 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    No one asked you to give a damn about anything. You never have.
    You never will.
    Why are you saying anything at all then?

And your assertion that I don't give a damn about anything is totally wrong and seems really unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Insert "capitalist dream" for "vision," and does the template apply to dictators?
    I'm note sure what the answer to that is because I really have no clue what "capitalist dream" means.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Why are you saying anything at all then?
    Stalin must be your hero.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

No one asked you to give a damn about anything. You never have.
    You never will.
    I think it's something that's been hard for me to accept, but I tend to agree. Once an "I-don't-give-a-damn'er", always an "I-don't-give-a-damn'er".
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Stalin must be your hero.
    The question seemed reasonable. If you don't think someone's opinion could be changed, why would you be bitching and complaining at them about it? Maybe it's not me, but are you trying to get ANYONE who goes along with the Occupy Wall Street movement to care about something you believe in? I don't understand why you'd say anything if you thought it would be irrelevant if heard.

What on earth that has to do with Stalin, I may never know. And while it seems ridiculous to even respond, I'll just put it as a matter of fact that Stalin was a sociopath who's use of power was far more harmful than beneficial and I would consider myself an enemy of anyone like him.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

*non-movement
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

The question seemed reasonable.
    There's nothing reasonable about asking someone in an online forum why they are "saying anything." I'm entitled to post, like any other member. If you have a problem with that - tough titty.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

There's nothing reasonable about asking someone in an online forum why they are "saying anything." I'm entitled to post, like any other member. If you have a problem with what that - tough titty.
    I'm entitled to do a lot of things I'm not doing right now. I didn't ask you what you could do, I asked you why you were doing what you were doing. Understand the difference?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

I'm entitled to do a lot of things I'm not doing right now.
    Like what - getting a real job?

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Like what - getting a real job?
    Out of curiosity, are you personally familiar with what my job is? If you do, I'd like to know why you don't think it's a real job.

Anyhow, you evaded my question, and on top of that, evaded with a hostile response. I don't see why this is so troublesome for you.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Howard Schultz did recently issue this in an email to his employees and some other business people.

August 15, 2011

Dear Fellow Concerned Americans:

Our country is better than this.

Over the last few weeks and months, our national elected officials from both parties have failed to lead. They have chosen to put partisan and ideological purity over the well-being of the people. They have undermined the full faith and credit of the United States. They have stirred up fears about our economic prospects without doing anything to truly address those fears. They have spent a resource even more precious than the dollar: our collective confidence in each other, in the future, and in our ability to solve problems together.

As leaders in business, we have watched all this unfold, first with frustration and then with dismay. Like so many of our employees and customers, we are gravely concerned about the current situation. Today, with both humility and urgency, we propose to do something about it.

First, we aim to push our elected leaders to face the nation's long-term fiscal challenges with civility, honesty, and a willingness to sacrifice their own re-election. This means not kicking the can anymore. It means reaching a deal on debt, revenue, and spending long before the deadline arrives this fall. It means considering all options, from entitlement programs to taxes.

This is what so many common-sense Americans want. That is why we today pledge to withhold any further campaign contributions to the President and all members of Congress until a fair, bipartisan deal is reached that sets our nation on stronger long-term fiscal footing. And we invite leaders of businesses – indeed, all concerned Americans – to join us in this pledge.

We also believe in leading by positive example. And we believe that while the long-term fiscal challenge is serious, even more painful to millions of Americans today is the immediate crisis of jobs. Tens of millions are unemployed and underemployed. Right now our economy is frozen in a cycle of fear and uncertainty. Companies are afraid to hire. Consumers are afraid to spend. Banks are afraid to lend. Record levels of cash are piling up in corporate treasuries, idling. That cash is not being used to expand operations, train new workers, underwrite new ventures, or spark innovation.

The only way to break this cycle of fear is to break it. The only way to get the country’s economic circulatory system flowing again is to start pumping lifeblood through it. That is why we today issue a second pledge. Our companies are going to hire. We are going to accelerate growth, employment, and investment in jobs.

We do this because we want to set in motion an upward spiral of confidence. We are not waiting for government to create an incentive program or a stimulus. We are not waiting for economic indicators to tell us it’s safe to act. We are hiring more people now. We invite leaders of businesses across the country to join us in this pledge as well – and to bring their stakeholders into the effort. Confidence is contagious. The best thing we can do now is to spread it.

This is a time for citizenship, not partisanship. It is a time for action. We don't pretend that our two pledges are quick fixes. We just believe that in this moment of great uncertainty, the government needs discipline, the people need jobs – and leaders need to lead.

Our country is better than this. Let’s get things moving now.

Respectfully,
    Howard Schultz
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness