ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Very sad, indeed.

---------------------

......this is what I feel like every time I try to have an intelligent discussion with most non-libertarians
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The guy was getting ready to say the government created slavery. Actually, it WAS corporations, as you can see here. http://erictb.wordpress.com/2011/08/...-new-jim-crow/

He blames FDR (and the context was his 1939 actions!) for "caus[ing]" the Great Depression (and I remember hearing this somewhere else, too), when the Great Depression began in 1929!

Just blaming everything on TAXES! That might be part of the problem, but they are using that to excuse all the other strings they pull.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP

Whenever theres a depression or recession, people don't really seem to pay attention to the credit expansion and bubble preceding it. A recession/depression is the correction.

Interesting book by Murray Rothbard regarding the great depression.
    http://mises.org/rothbard/agd.pdf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Ha, there's really not a whole lot about Oakland that IS interesting. Don't go into East Oakland. There's a cut-off point, and you don't want to venture past there.
    I do go into areas where there are prostitutes on every corner and pimps to-be-seen, trolling with their prostitutes. That's about the extent of the "interesting" lol.....
    Best taco trucks on earth, though.... and you can buy good furniture for cheap
    One thing about the east bay that I've noticed, is: there is always a situation. Always a situation, everywhere you go.
    People yelling at each other in the streets.......
    booooooooooo @ this post. i love oakland. don't listen to her, people!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    booooooooooo @ this post. i love oakland. don't listen to her, people!
    LoL, it takes alot for me to consider a city to be interesting. Like NYC or SF..... there are some good things about Oakland, though. I think overall that it gets a bad rap. It's not as bad as the media portrays it to be. Sure, there is bad, but if you navigate it correctly, no problems. It's not like alot of people think, where they won't venture there at all because of crime.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

LoL, it takes alot for me to consider a city to be interesting. Like NYC or SF..... there are some good things about Oakland, though. I think overall that it gets a bad rap. It's not as bad as the media portrays it to be. Sure, there is bad, but if you navigate it correctly, no problems. It's not like alot of people think, where they won't venture there at all because of crime.
    i mean it's a smaller city, it's obviously not going to have the same type of stuff as sf. i love oakland because it has more soul than the bigger cities. it's gritty and the people have fight in them, but at the same time they're very chill and accepting. and i appreciate that all types of people can come here and find common ground. honestly, your last sentence in the last post about how there's always a situation going on is one of my favorite parts. the people are crazy and weird but are unapologetic and don't give a fuck. what's more interesting than that? best people watching ever.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i mean it's a smaller city, it's obviously not going to have the same type of stuff as sf. i love oakland because it has more soul than the bigger cities. it's gritty and the people have fight in them, but at the same time they're very chill and accepting. and i appreciate that all types of people can come here and find common ground. honestly, your last sentence in the last post about how there's always a situation going on is one of my favorite parts. the people are crazy and weird but are unapologetic and don't give a fuck. what's more interesting than that? best people watching ever.
    Good points. I suppose it has been comical in-and-of itself. I'm happy I moved here, if not just for the overall experience.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    The guy was getting ready to say the government created slavery. Actually, it WAS corporations, as you can see here. http://erictb.wordpress.com/2011/08/...-new-jim-crow/

He blames FDR (and the context was his 1939 actions!) for "caus[ing]" the Great Depression (and I remember hearing this somewhere else, too), when the Great Depression began in 1929!

Just blaming everything on TAXES! That might be part of the problem, but they are using that to excuse all the other strings they pull.
    It is a pretty myopic viewpoint but keeping it simple like that sells, to many, many more people than I ever would have imagined to be honest.

Libertarianism is a very undemanding ideology for the believer, they seemingly dont need to sacrifice anything or even think too hard about things and it very quickly descends into villification of "them" or "it" and glorification of "us", including corporations and rich people, which is how a lot of people get their kicks, ask any sports fan.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    It is a pretty myopic viewpoint but keeping it simple like that sells, to many, many more people than I ever would have imagined to be honest.
    It doesn't take more than a myopic viewpoint to run a business. That may be why he has "myopic" viewpoints. He's spent most of his time, working. Of course, if I am talking to others, I am generally going to keep it simple. Anything more than that, and you lose people. I do it all the time, and I don't consider my opinions to be that complicated. Common sense and cutting-to-the-chase are not skills everyone has. Some ENTJ's seem to have them. He's negotiating, and negotiating in business is relatively simple, though far from everyone can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Libertarianism is a very undemanding ideology for the believer, they seemingly dont need to sacrifice anything or even think too hard about things and it very quickly descends into villification of "them" or "it" and glorification of "us", including corporations and rich people, which is how a lot of people get their kicks, ask any sports fan.
    There's something wrong with all of the ideologies. None of them totally work, 100%, all-the-time, and there's one thing for sure - they won't. People have to work to make them work. It has more to do with the people than the ideology. Using an ideology that works for the task at hand and the mindstate of the people, is important.

I'm sure you know exactly what he was going to say, since you are a mind reader. I think it's arguable that corporations created slavery, actually. Slavery has been around forever.
    Who knows what he meant.... he didn't explain it, so..... I don't know.
    He's probably trying to get people to concentrate on the problem at hand, which is the Federal Government. Sure, some people on Wall Street took advantage of a situation, created by the Federal Government. If the government changes, so does Wall Street. The government is pulling the main strings, not Wall Street. He believes it needs to end, just like I do. He's got it right.....
    I'm not saying that many on Wall Street don't take advantage and "pull strings" from their side, but I don't think they all do things that are morally reprehensible. It's in the hands of the fed, which way it leans, and what happens to the situation, right now.

I don't mind people selling information and books, if it's helpful information. In his case, yes.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

He's probably trying to get people to concentrate on the problem at hand, which is the Federal Government. Sure, some people on Wall Street took advantage of a situation, created by the Federal Government. If the government changes, so does Wall Street. The government is pulling the main strings, not Wall Street. He believes it needs to end, just like I do. He's got it right.....
    I'm not saying that many on Wall Street don't take advantage and "pull strings" from their side, but I don't think they all do things that are morally reprehensible. It's in the hands of the fed, which way it leans, and what happens to the situation, right now.
    The "government" doesn't just arbitrarily make decisions that Wall Street can capitalize on later. It doesn't work that way.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness