INTP

I want to get back to the topic at hand

awry is a really cool word

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Occupy Oakland - Veterans for Peace member Scott Olsen, allegedly shot with a rubber bullet. He has a fractured skull and is in a medically induced coma. He's a veteran who served 2 tours in Iraq.

The thing that's really disturbing about this is this video. That is him collapsed on the ground. As a group of protestors go to help him, one cop throws what appears to be a flashbang right on top of the injured guy.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZLyUK0t0vQ&feature=player_embedded"]FlashBang[/YOUTUBE]

Also, the Oakland PD has made statements that they haven't used any flashbangs at the Occupy Oakland protests.... That sure looked like a flashbang to me.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I saw this and was disgusted. I'm no anarchist, but this stinks of big government and MONEY. If the protesters weren't violent, then no one has any right to that kind of force. This is NOT the America we want. Shame on the police.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yea, that's why you don't play around with Oakland police. A few of them get rowdy, just like the criminals they chase.
    With that many police, it's hard to monitor all of them, and some of them break rules and especially, fuck up. Noobs in situations like that can panic, and others are just there to take advantage. It takes the best and most serious police officers to work in Oakland. These officers have stand-offs with and chase gunmen and other violent criminals, and many are shot and killed in duty. I wouldn't assume that if I fuck with police in Oakland, I would still be standing at the end. Oakland is messy and violent.

I feel bad for Oakland officers. I surely wouldn't want their job, battling a bunch of criminals and stupid, violent people who test police officers. Fuck that.
    The city could be like San Jose and disallow the protests completely, so I personally think Oakland can be rather nice to the people, to then receive hate and accusations. They would do well to be less-tolerant, imo.
    At the end of the day, no one knows what caused the injury regardless of Scott's party saying it was a police officer, but it looks like that particular police officer shouldn't have thrown flashbangs. Who knows what his story is. There are other witnesses claiming it was a dumpster that injured Scott, and not a police officer..... I'll have to check that out.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Yeah, I heard that Oakland isn't fond of cops. You live there, don't you?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Yeah, I heard that Oakland isn't fond of cops. You live there, don't you?
    I live right on the border, and not in Oakland lines. But basically.... I go into Oakland often.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I live right on the border, and not in Oakland lines. But basically....[imagined interesting stuff here] I go into Oakland often.
    It sounds like you're leaving out interesting stuff.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    It sounds like you're leaving out interesting stuff.
    Ha, there's really not a whole lot about Oakland that IS interesting. Don't go into East Oakland. There's a cut-off point, and you don't want to venture past there.
    I do go into areas where there are prostitutes on every corner and pimps to-be-seen, trolling with their prostitutes. That's about the extent of the "interesting" lol.....
    Best taco trucks on earth, though.... and you can buy good furniture for cheap
    One thing about the east bay that I've noticed, is: there is always a situation. Always a situation, everywhere you go.
    People yelling at each other in the streets.......
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If anyone cares about updates on the Iraqi Veteran that I posted about above - it's been announced that he is to undergo brain surgery to relieve pressure. He is awake from his medically induced coma, and is very lucid/alert. His condition has been upgraded from critical to fair. "He's able to understand what's going on. He's able to write and hear but has a little difficulty with his speech,"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...?newsfeed=true
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    If anyone cares about updates on the Iraqi Veteran that I posted about above - it's been announced that he is to undergo brain surgery to relieve pressure. He is awake from his medically induced coma, and is very lucid/alert. His condition has been upgraded from critical to fair. "He's able to understand what's going on. He's able to write and hear but has a little difficulty with his speech,"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...?newsfeed=true
    Very sad, indeed.

---------------------

ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype