User Tag List

First 18262728293038 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    In ways that have already been done by others, even some in the mainstream press (though these are few and far between), because it's not very fucking difficult if you have half a brain and aren't already looking to outright discredit.
    Like who?
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Like who?
    Do I have to do all of the legwork for you? Try any of the coverage (both positive and critical, mind) from Truthout, BuzzFlash, Rolling Stone, CrooksandLiars, ThinkProgress, The Guardian, MoveOn, and some of the coverage from The New York Times, Business Insider (see the piece by Henry Blodget), CNN (see the piece by Douglass Rushkoff), and the International Business Times (which, while not exactly favorable, has done a better job of understanding and reporting what's going on than Dave Ramsey.) And that's just to name a few; there are also the countless bloggers. The difference is that these sources don't jump the gun and resort to idiotic dismissal the way morons like Dave Ramsey (or the bloviating fools we hear from on TV or radio, like Rush Limbaugh) like to do.

We don't need no more screed!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTj

The most obvious example of systemic problems in our system was the last bailout. Hundreds of millions of government dollars were used to save the big banks from the consequences of their own reckless and possibly fraudulent behavior. Then without skipping a beat, these parasites use part of the money to pay each other obscene bonuses for a job well done. As of today, the laws have not changed significantly. It's business as usual for Wall Street. There is nothing in place to prevent them from doing the same thing again.

Nags like Ramsey lack credibility. He is scolding us to work harder, shut up and quit complaining about the glaring injustices in the system. That attitude is silly.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    The most obvious example of systemic problems in our system was the last bailout. Hundreds of millions of government dollars were used to save the big banks from the consequences of their own reckless and possibly fraudulent behavior. Then without skipping a beat, these parasites use part of the money to pay each other obscene bonuses for a job well done. As of today, the laws have not changed significantly. It's business as usual for Wall Street. There is nothing in place to prevent them from doing the same thing again.

Nags like Ramsey lack credibility. He is scolding us to work harder, shut up and quit complaining about the glaring injustices in the system. That attitude is silly.
    Indeed.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

IDK, I think "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" can work for some. If some poor were rich, they would no longer be complaining, so get to work on getting rich. Pretty much seems to be his message......
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENTP

I love the idea going around that somehow these people owning I-Phones and drinking Coffee invalidates the entire protest.

All protests must be done by people living off wild squirrel with signs made of tree bark and foraged berries.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    I love the idea going around that somehow these people owning I-Phones and drinking Coffee invalidates the entire protest.

All protests must be done by people living off wild squirrel with signs made of tree bark and foraged berries.
    I know, in which case they'd be even easier to discredit as being Timothy McVeigh-style loonies.

IDK, I think "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" can work for some. If some poor were rich, they would no longer be complaining, so get to work on getting rich. Pretty much seems to be his message......
    Which is a silly message advocating complacency and political apathy.

MBTI
    ENTP

That man bought his underwear and Pennys.

PROTEST INVALIDATED.
    +10% Crit Chance

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

The first part is basically a no-brainer. Of course people wouldn't be protesting in the streets if they were rich, maybe that's why the really wealthy largely aren't participating in these demonstrations. The second part is intellectually bankrupt because it seems to just command people to get wealthy instead of wondering why the great majority of people aren't wealthy, if that suggestion is even practicable, or whether or not anybody in that crowd made an honest attempt to do the right thing and didn't get wealthy.

This is a good example of how a really retarded idea can become conventional wisdom. It's amazing how many people in the USA believe that every person could be rich if they just suddenly decided they wanted to try to be rich.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It's amazing how many people in the USA believe that every person could be rich if they just suddenly decided they wanted to try to be rich.
    I don't think many people believe that. Not that I have seen, anyways. Most people seem to accept that they can't and never will be rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Which is a silly message advocating complacency and political apathy.
    Yea, I would think it wouldn't work for most people. Most people don't have what it takes to get rich. Most would rather continue as things are, and just moan.
    I think Ramsey is more into economics than politics. He has views I would expect from a motivational speaker. Motivational speakers aren't generally into truth-telling.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype