Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I think there is misconsception mixed with misinformation when it comes to the demands of the current protests.

Yes, the protest includes hardcore commies who are anti all business, and anarchists who are anti everything. And perhaps those were the people who were in the majority when the protest was just beginning. Like I've mentioned in a previous post, protests tend to start with the radicals, but if the protest picks up steam, they're joined by the moderates. And when that happens, the general demands tend to change.

The main driving force of the protests is discontent on how the government handled the current financial crisis. Namely, how a trillion or so dollars was used to shore up big financial institutions, which, in the eyes of many, were the parties originally responsible for the current fiasco. At the same time, the ordinary worker bees didn't get shit and got laid off in droves. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the protestors are small business owners (or at least people who were small business owners before they lost their businesses to the recession)

So its not "anti business". Its anti "government money to shore up select private businesses."

Just a disclaimer - I have always been a generally libertarian leaning pro capitalist guy, and as far as I am concerned, I still am. I wish every private business the best. But if any business starts to bribe politicians to pass laws to benefit their bottom line or bribes politicians to get direct access to the government treasury, I will have a serious fucking problem with that. That's not capitalism. That's kleptocracy.
    agreed, out current system is fool's gold

it seems the riots are more of a coalition than a group supporting one unified ideology
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    do the rioters prefer this kind of environment to civilized society with toilets, sanitation facilities and grocery stores? (what do they do? hunt wild game or grow their own crops? lol) I will never understand the anti business crowd. they owe the majority of their life's pleasures to it in one way or another. business is the reason why we've been able to progress past early neolithic farming. do people honestly want to return to a state like that with no sanitation, no cosmetics, no safety and you die at age 40 (and are fuckable MAYBE until age 25 lol)
    Thats totally what the protests are about, they just hate all business. All of it.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ENTP

agreed, out current system is fool's gold

it seems the riots are more of a coalition than a group supporting one unified ideology
    Why do you keep using the term riot?
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Why do you keep using the term riot?
    perhaps I should use a more precisely correct word
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ

That's always the case. Which is why "they don't know what they protesting" commentary is so ridiculous.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

That's always the case. Which is why "they don't know what they protesting" commentary is so ridiculous.
    interesting. I guess I just don't understand the psychology of those who partake in extreme protest
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INTJ

interesting. I guess I just don't understand the psychology of those who partake in extreme protest
    lol, "Occupy Wall Street" is not extreme. Not compared to storming the Winter Palace and executing the entire royal family, anyway.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

lol, "Occupy Wall Street" is not extreme. Not compared to storming the Winter Palace and executing the entire royal family, anyway.
    for real. it says a lot about people in our country that sleeping in tents and tweeting about it is considered radical and extreme now.

Or France before/leading up to the French Revolution.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Is he serious?

"'Wall Street Is Evil!' If you have this painted on a sign, well, now you just look ignorant. Wall Street is a street that people drive on...Don’t turn Wall Street into some terrible monster attacking American citizens. It’s just a road with some buildings on it...A road and an office building. That’s Wall Street."
    That's an embarrassingly bad argument. Perhaps he should just stick to what he knows and stay out of political discourse.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness