User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

Results 221 to 230 of 723

  1. #221
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default


  2. #222
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Victor is not a troll but an irregular user.
    I do bear the burden of having my own voice and my own ideas. And being different, I am a target for hatred and group bullying.

  3. #223
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yesterday the United Nations told us that the developed country with the highest rate of child neglect and abuse is the USA.
    Do you watch C-SPAN to forage for anti-America rhetoric?

  4. #224
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    They are doing this in Oakland, not too far from me. There are ton's 'o tents, dope, and hippies in the park. Sign me up!
    Nah, for real, I see it as a bunch of homeless/college kids/hippies doing their thang. They HAVE however, overtaken the entire park. Oh well, no one but homeless used it anyways. I've pretty-much written off any public facilities around here as being filthy and full of homeless.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  5. #225
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    a jail record on the resume is one way to check out of the "system."



    mistook?
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mistook
    +10% Crit Chance

  6. #226
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Its very clearly the faults of all these people that they dont have jobs. Ignore the fact that many of them DO have jobs and that large portion of them are college students getting an education so that they may one day get a job, all the unemployed people are unemployed because of their own damn lazyness.

    Jaguar, would you agree that Obama as well as the economic situation at hand are not to blame for the unemployment rate ATM but rather lazyness?

    I think we need to investigate this, its a fucking lazyness epidemic. Maybe if we put Adderal in the water supply all those welfare queens would get off their asses and do some work.
    +10% Crit Chance

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    437

    Default

    This might be slightly off topic, but I didn't want to bother creating a new thread for something related to this. Does anyone else agree that with all of these protests such as Occupy Wall Street and the Tea Party that are working for almost completely opposite goals, nothing will be accomplished? Wouldn't it be more beneficial for both sides to come to a compromise between them and then protest together? It's unlikely that this would happen, because of how stubborn people are, but I personally think it's the logical thing to do, because it would be one great force working for one cause rather than two opposing forces working for different purposes.

  8. #228
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    This might be slightly off topic, but I didn't want to bother creating a new thread for something related to this. Does anyone else agree that with all of these protests such as Occupy Wall Street and the Tea Party that are working for almost completely opposite goals, nothing will be accomplished? Wouldn't it be more beneficial for both sides to come to a compromise between them and then protest together? It's unlikely that this would happen, because of how stubborn people are, but I personally think it's the logical thing to do, because it would be one great force working for one cause rather than two opposing forces working for different purposes.
    So what youre saying is two people with completely opposite goals working towards those goals in different ways are accomplishing less than if they combined for a common goal?

    The problem is what that common goal would be. The Tea Party are in the camp of believing that Obama wasnt born in America and that a 3% increase in taxes on the rich is Socialism. They also think that defaulting would be a REALLY COOL IDEA(which shows how really nihilistic and insane they really are.)

    The Occupy movement is centered around the idea that money is influencing politics in a bad way. This is a considerably more concrete enemy than some spectre of SOCIALISM! and its also very very opposed to the Tea Parties libertarian belief that rich people are never ever wrong ever(Unless theyre George Soros) and that government is source of every problem ever.

    The Occupy movement also subscribes to version of events where the recession was caused by immoral and incompetent businessmen, as opposed to the Tea Party theory that George Soros engineered it to usher in a one world government.



    ^No Tea Partier would ever agree with that sign, ever.

    TL;DR Your question is like asking why Foxes and Rabbits dont team up against hunters.
    +10% Crit Chance

  9. #229
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    Its very clearly the faults of all these people that they dont have jobs. Ignore the fact that many of them DO have jobs and that large portion of them are college students getting an education so that they may one day get a job, all the unemployed people are unemployed because of their own damn lazyness.
    Around here, that's pretty-much true. There are help-wanted signs around, as many in the park remain there, smoking their dope and sleeping in tents for weeks, while they don't bathe. They don't seem to be too interested in getting a job.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  10. #230
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Around here, that's pretty-much true. There are help-wanted signs around, as many in the park remain there, smoking their dope and sleeping in tents for weeks, while they don't bathe.
    3 things:

    Are there enough help wanted signs for everyone?

    Are you sure that most of those people are unemployed?

    If someone who is unemployed and cant find a job decides to take part in a protest, should he quit that protest the moment a job becomes available?
    +10% Crit Chance

Similar Threads

  1. Career choice gone awry... help?
    By Tamske in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 02:02 AM
  2. 'Occupy Wall Street' is counter-motivational
    By FunnyDigestion in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 07:35 PM
  3. Wall Street
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
  4. Wall Street's Driving Up Oil Prices
    By sLiPpY in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO