User Tag List

First 311121314152363 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 723

  1. #121
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    So? Most of your atheists and agnostics are in China and other communist countries. And many of them believe, but they are too scared to speak out.
    There are about seven billion people on this planet, two billion of which consider themselves christians (not that there is much consensus among them). Your 'argument' makes me laugh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    There is no inconsistency in my thinking. [...] Again, there is no inconsistency in my reasoning.
    Denial in the face of evidence is such a cute thing to behold.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    Plus archaeology has proven many facts in the Bible.
    http://www.historykb.com/Uwe/Forum.a...lls-of-Jericho

  2. #122
    Senior Member Jack427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    There are about seven billion people on this planet, two billion of which consider themselves christians (not that there is much consensus among them). Your 'argument' makes me laugh.


    Denial in the face of evidence is such a cute thing to behold.


    http://www.historykb.com/Uwe/Forum.a...lls-of-Jericho
    Your 'argument' makes me laugh. Obviously you are not familiar with China's policy on religion.

    You are very disrespectful and I have repeatedly asked you to get back on topic. I don't believe entirely on faith, I needed evidence to be convinced. If you don't show some respect I will add you to my ignore list.

    That is but one thing. I have seen other websites claiming the opposite. I will read that thoroughly later. I just skimmed, because it is a lot of information.

  3. #123
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    Your argument makes me 'laugh'. Obviously you are not familiar with China's policy on religion.
    What makes you think that a country that has never been predominantly christian has suddenly become so? Obviously you are not familiar with Chinese history.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    That is but one thing. I have seen other websites claiming the opposite.
    That is not a website claiming this (I doubt you have had the time to read what it is) but an Israeli professor of archaeology.

  4. #124
    Senior Member Jack427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What makes you think that a country that has never been predominantly christian has suddenly become so? Obviously you are not familiar with Chinese history.


    That is not a website claiming this (I doubt you have had the time to read what it is) but an Israeli professor of archaeology.
    I never said predominately. Now you are putting words in my mouth AND ignoring my requests for continuing this in PM.

  5. #125
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    I never said predominately. Now you are putting words in my mouth AND ignoring my requests for continuing this in PM.
    If you claim otherwise, your argument cannot support the notion that most people on Earth are christians.

  6. #126
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Nico,

    We get it. Leave the kid alone.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  7. #127
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    How do you know they are a "notoriously violent anarchist group"? Because you read it somewhere? One place? Or more than one?

    If I have to explain my points to you over and over I'm not going to even bother.

    @KDude I didn't say acknowledging it resulted in lack of faith in humanity. I already lack faith in humanity anyway.
    Please, don't bother.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #128
    Senior Member Jack427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Please, don't bother.
    I doubt you would understand anyway.

  9. #129
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    So? Most of your atheists and agnostics are in China and other communist countries. And many of them believe, but they are too scared to speak out.

    There is no inconsistency in my thinking. Plus archaeology has proven many facts in the Bible.

    Again, there is no inconsistency in my reasoning. If you wish to keep talking about my faith then PM me. Otherwise get back on topic.
    So you read an ancient text about animals talking and people being turned in to salt, and it just so happens to mention city that archeologists find exists, therefore it is all true?

    Harry Potter takes place in London.
    London exists.
    Harry Potter exists.

    QED motherfuckers.
    +10% Crit Chance

  10. #130
    Senior Member Jack427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Obviously someone has never heard of symbolism or metaphors. Not everything in The Bible is literal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    So you read an ancient text about animals talking and people being turned in to salt, and it just so happens to mention city that archeologists find exists, therefore it is all true?

    Harry Potter takes place in London.
    London exists.
    Harry Potter exists.

    QED motherfuckers.

Similar Threads

  1. Career choice gone awry... help?
    By Tamske in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 02:02 AM
  2. 'Occupy Wall Street' is counter-motivational
    By FunnyDigestion in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 07:35 PM
  3. Wall Street
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
  4. Wall Street's Driving Up Oil Prices
    By sLiPpY in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO