User Tag List

First 210111213142262 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 723

  1. #111
    Senior Member Jack427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    The majority of the people protesting are young. That's about all anyone could say with any certainty about "most" of them. Beyond that, it's been reported that there is a fairly wide variety of different types of people present (in terms of race, age, political ideology, SES, etc.,) We do know that they are not mostly "hippies."



    What? I said they were a notoriously violent anarchist group that planned on infiltrating the previously peaceful protests in order to wreak havoc. They probably believe that higher levels of civil disobedience are more effective. I don't know, because I don't advocate wanton violence. The protests are supposed to be peaceful.

    What was your point in bringing this up, anyway? Did you have one?



    No, plenty of people have supported things that they had strong doubts about. You can't absolutely think that something won't work and support it anyway. As for your quibble about a hope/belief distinction, let's just say that hope involves an element of belief that the possibility of a certain outcome does exist.

    Again, what is your point?
    How do you know they are a "notoriously violent anarchist group"? Because you read it somewhere? One place? Or more than one?

    If I have to explain my points to you over and over I'm not going to even bother.

    @KDude I didn't say acknowledging it resulted in lack of faith in humanity. I already lack faith in humanity anyway.

  2. #112
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    How do you know they are a "notoriously violent anarchist group"? Because you read it somewhere? One place? Or more than one?
    Would one place not suffice?

  3. #113
    Senior Member Jack427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Would one place not suffice?
    No. Some news websites have different "facts". Some are fake, if they are said by more than one then it's probably true.

  4. #114
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    No. Some news websites have different "facts". Some are fake, if they are said by more than one then it's probably true.
    But it may be true even if 1000 others disagree. Bible?

  5. #115
    Senior Member Jack427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    But it may be true even if 1000 others disagree. Bible?
    I said news outlets, not people. And Christianity has the most followers in the world.

    Why are you bringing my faith into this? This is not a part of the discussion.

  6. #116
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    I said news outlets, not people.
    I did not say 'people' either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    And Christianity has the most followers in the world.
    Yet there are more people who disagree with its beliefs than there are people who agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    Why are you bringing my faith into this? This is not a part of the discussion.
    It has been part of the discussion before, and I found it interesting because you state that one source is not enough and yet believe something far more ludicrous for which there is also but one source.

  7. #117
    Senior Member Jack427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I did not say 'people' either.


    Yet there are more people who disagree with its beliefs than there are people who agree.


    It has been part of the discussion before, and I found it interesting because you state that one source is not enough and yet believe something far more ludicrous for which there is also but one source.
    I said it had the most followers in the world. More people agree than disagree.

    News outlets tend to be unreliable, that's why with them you need more than one source. And it is not ludicrous, you are just closed minded. It was not part of the discussion before, he insulted me, I retaliated. I am done with this discussion, I am trying to talk about politics yet you bring my faith in and insult me.

  8. #118
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    I said it had the most followers in the world. More people agree than disagree.
    It has the most followers, that is true; but all followers of other religions and atheists and agnostics combined outnumber them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    News outlets tend to be unreliable, that's why with them you need more than one source. And it is not ludicrous, you are just closed minded.
    I merely pointed out that there seems to be an inconsistency in your thinking. Ancient 'historical' accounts tend to be even more unreliable, by the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    It was not part of the discussion before, he insulted me, I retaliated. I am done with this discussion, I am trying to talk about politics yet you bring my faith in and insult me.
    He is a she. I did not insult you: I used knowledge that I have about you (because you made it public) to make a point about the inconsistency in your reasoning.

  9. #119
    Senior Member Jack427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    It has the most followers, that is true; but all followers of other religions and atheists and agnostics combined outnumber them.


    I merely pointed out that there seems to be an inconsistency in your thinking. Ancient 'historical' accounts tend to be even more unreliable, by the way.


    He is a she. I did not insult you: I used knowledge that I have about you (because you made it public) to make a point about the inconsistency in your reasoning.
    So? Most of your atheists and agnostics are in China and other communist countries. And many of them believe, but they are too scared to speak out.

    There is no inconsistency in my thinking. Plus archaeology has proven many facts in the Bible.

    Again, there is no inconsistency in my reasoning. If you wish to keep talking about my faith then PM me. Otherwise get back on topic.

  10. #120
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Too funny.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Similar Threads

  1. Career choice gone awry... help?
    By Tamske in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 02:02 AM
  2. 'Occupy Wall Street' is counter-motivational
    By FunnyDigestion in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 07:35 PM
  3. Wall Street
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
  4. Wall Street's Driving Up Oil Prices
    By sLiPpY in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO