First 891011122060 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack427 View Post
    Again, you're ignorance and unjustified arrogance is made apparent.
    It can't be any worse than your own, which you've aptly demonstrated in your previous comment.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    It can't be any worse than your own, which you've aptly demonstrated in your previous comment.
    Me thinking you are ignorant makes me ignorant? My arrogance is justified because of your ignorance.

If you have a problem with my faith, deal with it. I don't go around calling all atheists or agnostics stupid, which you are implying Christians are. My best friend is an atheist, his favorite author is Richard Dawkins. When I say I'm going to read my Bible, he laughs and says he will read the "God delusion". But do I act the same way as you do towards towards them as you do towards people of faith? No, because I have grown up.

Now back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Ermm. Are you using your brother to represent all the people of the most populated and probably most diverse city in the USA?
    Not really. I'm just saying that he, and others like him, could solve a lot of issues by just moving. It's ironic that Tokyo is now protesting - his girlfriend is from Tokyo, and while NYC might have better opportunities and space, it's not that much better. She specifically ran away from Tokyo because of this and NYC is not exactly solving the problem. And if people really cared about growth, they wouldn't abandon the towns they come from either. Japan is specifically suffering from this. There's hardly any youth outside Tokyo.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Me thinking you are ignorant makes me ignorant? My arrogance is justified because of your ignorance.

If you have a problem with my faith, deal with it. I don't go around calling all atheists or agnostics stupid, which you are implying Christians are. My best friend is an atheist, his favorite author is Richard Dawkins. When I say I'm going to read my Bible, he laughs and says he will read the "God delusion". But do I act the same way as you do towards towards them as you do towards people of faith? No, because I have grown up.

Now back on topic.
    I wasn't criticizing your faith, merely using it as a vehicle to ridicule your comments about OWS.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp

I wasn't criticizing your faith, merely using it as a vehicle to ridicule your comments about OWS.
    Well, you insulting my Holy Book in another thread made me think that's what you do.

Why do you disagree with my comments? If you don't mind me asking?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Why do you disagree with my comments? If you don't mind me asking?
    As for your jab about hippies, I think this will suffice as a response: Read this.

As for your claim that nothing will be accomplished, the only response I can think of is, "why not?" There's really no reason to think that they won't have any effect; you're just rationalizing an emotional reaction to something you viewed negatively to begin with. It's like saying, "they won't work. Why? Because they won't work."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    So it goes global and gets bigger.

What about the news reporters and experts saying this protest will subside in a while?
    Somebody fucked up somewhere, let me tell you.

The politicians that threw their lot with the Tea Party probably have buyer's regret now. It wonder if the GOP will again try to pull the same gambit they did earlier this year. It'd be pretty ballsy (stupid?) for them to hold unemployment extensions (and other social safety net programs) hostage to protect the tax cuts for the high income earners, but I wouldn't put it past them.

I think it will get more and more interesting as the election time approaches.

Indeed, shit just got real, and it will get even more real... yo.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Not really. I'm just saying that he, and others like him, could solve a lot of issues by just moving. It's ironic that Tokyo is now protesting - his girlfriend is from Tokyo, and while NYC might have better opportunities and space, it's not that much better. She specifically ran away from Tokyo because of this and NYC is not exactly solving the problem. And if people really cared about growth, they wouldn't abandon the towns they come from either. Japan is specifically suffering from this. There's hardly any youth outside Tokyo.
    Young people also tend to move to big cities because historically, big cities had more opportunities for youth and recent graduates.

In any case, the OWS demonstrators are protesting national political corruption. You can't escape that by moving to a smaller city.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    In any case, the OWS demonstrators are protesting national political corruption. You can't escape that by moving to a smaller city.
    I guess if that's all it is, then I wish them luck. I doubt things like this change unless the "corrupt" are outright assholes though. America, whether unconsciously or not, plays it differently and behind closed doors. There's no denying corruption, but it isn't enough to cause the kind of outrage that can change a society. Basically, we need even worse corruption! Like King John and the Sheriff of Nottingham. Then you get the Magna Carta. But you never get the Magna Carta because of some pissants on Wall Street. Hell, you're lucky if even a King John can provoke true outrage.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp

As for your jab about hippies, I think this will suffice as a response: Read this.

As for your claim that nothing will be accomplished, the only response I can think of is, "why not?" There's really no reason to think that they won't have any effect; you're just rationalizing an emotional reaction to something you viewed negatively to begin with. It's like saying, "they won't work. Why? Because they won't work."
    You're assuming I got my views from Fox or Republican ranting. I thought they were hippies cause they look like hippies in pictures, playing drums and other instruments.

I didn't view it negatively from the beginning. Initially,I thought it was a good idea. I was glad people finally stood up against corporate corruption. But then I realized a couple thousand people around the world marching in the streets isn't going to change things. It won't make the CEO's rethink cashing in that million dollar paycheck. They should be marching in DC, where Obama wants millionaires to pay the same taxes as the middle class. Where OUR justice system provides the rules by which the companies abide.

Now you are assuming I'm illogical. I have reasons to think these protests won't work. I stated some above.

I'm not saying it's a fact things won't change, I'm just saying things probably won't. They might though.