User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Sharia

Sharia

Sharia law is spreading from province to province in Indonesia. And as Sharia spreads, violent attacks on minorites are increasing.

Yesterday an Islamic suicide bomber entered a crowded christian church in Solo, Java, Indonesia, as they were worshipping, and detonated his bomb.

They keep telling us Islam is a religion of peace, but wherever Sharia goes, violence follows.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sharia law is spreading from province to province in Indonesia. And as Sharia spreads, violent attacks on minorites are increasing.

Yesterday an Islamic suicide bomber entered a crowded christian church in Solo, Java, Indonesia, as they were worshipping, and detonated his bomb.

They keep telling us Islam is a religion of peace, but wherever Sharia goes, violence follows.
    People have free will. You can plop a million things into the sentence "but wherever X goes, violence follows." The common denominator is always people. I think it's naive to create scapegoats out of different religions when in essence it all comes down to humans making a choice to kill another.

Low, Reinforced Concrete Walls in Canberra

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    People have free will. You can plop a million things into the sentence "but wherever X goes, violence follows." The common denominator is always people. I think it's naive to create scapegoats out of different religions when in essence it all comes down to humans making a choice to kill another.
    In Canberra we have no fear of Hindu suicide bombers, we have no fear of Buddhist suicide bombers, we have no fear of Christian suicide bombers, we have no fear of Mormon suicide bombers, but we have built low, reinforced concrete walls around our government buildings to protect us against Islamic suicide bombers in cars full of explosives and determined on mass murder.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

I don't know what to think about Islam. On one hand, I have a couple of friends who are Muslim, nice people, and they tell me that it is a peaceful religion of love, and that when violence is done in the name of Islam, they aren't real Muslims, but they are using religion as an excuse.

On the other hand, Sharia Law seems oppressive and scary, but I'm not sure what is rumor and what is true. And Muslims are not allowed to criticize their religion, so that is going to make it difficult to get a straight answer from anyone who knows.

Any ex-Muslims here, willing to risk getting in trouble to give us the inside scoop and the truth about Sharia Law?

@YWIR ? Are you allowed to criticize Islam and Sharia to give an honest assessment, or are you only allowed to say nice things about it? (I hope you don't find my question offensive.)
    Last edited by redcheerio; 10-02-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Allow me to show you an informative pie chart:

INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post

you had me at pie chart.... the greatest kind of charts in the world!!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    In Canberra we have no fear of Hindu suicide bombers, we have no fear of Buddhist suicide bombers, we have no fear of Christian suicide bombers, we have no fear of Mormon suicide bombers, but we have built low, reinforced concrete walls around our government buildings to protect us against Islamic suicide bombers in cars full of explosives and determined on mass murder.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormoni...gical_violence

http://truthandgrace.com/Hinduviolence.htm
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I agree, and I think it's an important point that the violent ones are a small minority.

They probably are also not truly religious, but are using religion as an excuse for violence. So, there might not even be a such thing as Muslim extremists, since that implies that they even have anything to do with the religion. Maybe they aren't even religious at all, but just pretending to be.

What I would like to know, is more about Sharia Law.

MBTI
    INTJ

may want to take a look at socioeconomic status
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    may want to take a look at socioeconomic status
    Yep, another good point. People who are poor and desperate are more likely to agree to be suicide bombers if it is promised to them that their families will be taken care of.