User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Sharia

  1. #11
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sharia law is spreading from province to province in Indonesia. And as Sharia spreads, violent attacks on minorites are increasing.

    Yesterday an Islamic suicide bomber entered a crowded christian church in Solo, Java, Indonesia, as they were worshipping, and detonated his bomb.

    They keep telling us Islam is a religion of peace, but wherever Sharia goes, violence follows.
    It is logical indeed. The Christians insult the core of their mores and taboos. Women and men sit together in the Christian churches, it is a taboo to them. Normally dressed women are a taboo. Lust is in the eyes of the beholder. They are tempted. A culture crock.

    They hate the people who lead them on. It is only natural they think God is with them.
    A holy man in their midst can recite the Quran. He has studied in the Madrassah.
    He does not know what is in the Quran. How could he? The Quran is written in Arabic.
    They do not know Arabic. It is a taboo to translate the Quran.

    The holy man does not know much.
    He knows the Seven Pillars of Wisdom, and the Sharia.

    He does not know the doctrine of the Pillars has little foundation in the Quran.
    He does not know what the Quran actually has to say about the Sharia.
    He does not know the Quran does not forbid translating Quran.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Allow me to show you an informative pie chart:

    That's not a pie chart, that's a very simple Venn diagram.

  3. #13
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    That's not a pie chart, that's a very simple Venn diagram.
    I was being facetious. The point is a pie chart isn't even possible because the percentage of terrorists is so tiny compared with the overwhelming peaceful majority.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    You could make a pie chart, it would just be very big.

    I understand you were being facetious, and I agree wholeheartedly. I also got a chuckle out of Victor's grossly paranoid post about concrete barriers being erected in Canberra to protect the government buildings there. As if the great Islamic terrorist conspirators of the world give two shits about Australia.


    That's not to say Australia is not important, nor New Zealand or Canada or any other country. The point is strategically it's not going to happen, because on a worldwide scale Australia is not a factor in the islamofascist 'jihad'.

  5. #15
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I was being facetious. The point is a pie chart isn't even possible because the percentage of terrorists is so tiny compared with the overwhelming peaceful majority.
    The subject is Shariah, not Jihad. Islamists comprise a huge segment of the global Muslim population.

    I might as well link to this yet again: http://www.pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/...and-hezbollah/

    Scroll down to the 'support for severe laws' section.

    Islamists are susceptible to converting to an expansive interpretation of the Jihad doctrine, and many 'peaceful' Islamists adhere to such interpretations without becoming active participants-they are a recruitment pool and de-facto support network for terrorists.

    Finally, genuinely peaceful Islamists who support procedural democracy (and they are the large majority of Islamists) are a bigger long-term threat to basic human rights than the terrorists.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Finally, genuinely peaceful Islamists who support procedural democracy (and they are the large majority of Islamists) are a bigger long-term threat to basic human rights than the terrorists.
    LOL WUT.
    +10% Crit Chance

  7. #17
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    LOL WUT.
    Its not that complicated; as an analogy, who do you think were the greater threat to basic human rights during the era of segregation, the KKK or the peaceful, law-abiding majority with segregationist beliefs participating in the procedural democratic process?

  8. #18
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,546

    Sharia and Islam

    There are two rights - the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Sharia.

    And Sharia is an unchangable part of Islam.

    And this is Sharia on our streets -

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43fEk...rec_grec_index

  9. #19
    Senior Member Critical Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Its not that complicated; as an analogy, who do you think were the greater threat to basic human rights during the era of segregation, the KKK or the peaceful, law-abiding majority with segregationist beliefs participating in the procedural democratic process?
    The difference is I believe the KKK supported Democracy, they just didnt want everyone to be able to vote. If it came down between the KKK and the Nazis (facists) I would probably peg the Nazis as being worse.

    At least in a democracy there is a possibility for change, especially as the quality of life goes up and education increases. Its mind blowingly stupid to say that Muslims whoa re peacful and support democracy are a bigger threat to human rights than Muslims who want to institute a Theocracy.
    +10% Crit Chance

  10. #20
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    The difference is I believe the KKK supported Democracy, they just didnt want everyone to be able to vote. If it came down between the KKK and the Nazis (facists) I would probably peg the Nazis as being worse.

    At least in a democracy there is a possibility for change, especially as the quality of life goes up and education increases. Its mind blowingly stupid to say that Muslims whoa re peacful and support democracy are a bigger threat to human rights than Muslims who want to institute a Theocracy.
    ....the point being that its the peaceful and democratic majority of illiberal movements that are better able to build popular support and enact their oppressive vision under the cover of democratic legitimacy. The terrorists are the larger physical danger, but far more rights are violated by peaceful Islamists movements (which in any event have a symbiotic relationship with the violent segments of the movement). On a global scale, the Muslim Brotherhood and similar movements are a far greater threat to human rights than Al-Qaeda and other terrorist networks.

Similar Threads

  1. Sharia law and Islam
    By Poki in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-23-2016, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO