User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 130

Thread: Buying Sex

  1. #101
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    For example, consider the lack of work ethic that makes the profession less desirable than it need be. Now how many times does the whore find my little wee wee so amusing that she has to laugh at loud (...no matter how many times I cut her! Come on people there is a thing called bedside manner y'all).
    You sound like that guy who got shot taking a shit in Unforgiven.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  2. #102
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Feminism is the pursuit of gender equality. The obsolescence of which will be celebrated when gender isn't held to question when defining competence or opportunity.

    Which female president is your favorite?

    Not a fair question? Then, which is the single most powerful position in the world - and why is it that only men have exclusively held it since our nation's birth?

    Feminism is the pursuit of gender equality. We will not require it when we are without unspoken gender bias preventing a woman from being in control of the free world.
    A woman ran for President during the last election, and prior to her ultimately losing the primary, she was thought to have had a good chance at getting into the Oval Office.

    Perhaps the reason she didn't win wasn't because she was a woman, but rather because there was a better qualified candidate for the position of President? I for one certainly think that's the case.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  3. #103
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    You sound like that guy who got shot taking a shit in Unforgiven.
    Naw I'm not so bad. Im just an ol' softie ( background "I said stop snickering bitch")

    More like this guy...http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479927,00.html
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  4. #104
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sex work causes emotional pain that is usually ameliorated with expensive illegal drugs.

    And then to pay for the expensive, illegal drugs, sex work is necessary.

    So it is simply a trap.
    I have wondered about this. Are there facts to back this up?

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  5. #105
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I have wondered about this. Are there facts to back this up?
    Yeah one would think that the sex and the cash would be draw enough. Drugs too! Now that’s just ostentatious.

    Who do they think they are celebrities…or worse...Wall Street banksters?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  6. #106
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Yeah, I know. And I was taking an issue with your statement. He said legalization would likely lower emotional toll, you said that's not necessarily true, and I said it probably is.

    I'm reckon I'm being a bit pedantic, but I figured I clear up any misunderstandings.
    I maintain my position that legalization would not necessarily reduce the emotional toll of sex work. Even if you take away the threat of psychic OR physical violence and disease that often accompanies "illegal" sex work (which, I don't think, are necessarily reduced or eliminated by legalization anyway, but that's a different argument), that doesn't guarantee that it won't be replaced with other forms of psychic or even physical violence that add to the emotional toll.

    That said, the reduction of prostitute murder (or horrendous beating and other similarly inhumane treatment) and the ease with which in can be achieved under the criminalized model is a good argument for the legalization of prostitution if regulated properly (which is a tricky thing, since, badly done, the illegal side of things can actually grow concomitantly with the legal side.) That's why I still say I'm not 100% against legalization, regardless of whether I think the emotional toll to prostitutes is being helped or not. That's why I thought your point about "harm" being reduced was more an argument for legalization than against my claims that the emotional toll might remain the same.

    Really, I think the only way we can say definitively that the emotional toll would be reduced is if we assumed that legalization (and the subsequent regulation of the industry) ended up working ideally, which is a big assumption to make, and that only the women who really liked being prostitutes (i.e., didn't do it out of need or other types of coercion) would join up. Otherwise they still have most of their original emotional problems, but their ongoing stressors have simply taken different (though hopefully less physically violent) form.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  7. #107
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    What do you mean by psychic physical violence?

  8. #108
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    What do you mean by psychic physical violence?
    It's when somebody smacks you with a deck of tarot cards.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  9. #109
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    or beans you on the head with a crystal ball

  10. #110
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Fuck, I meant psychic or physical violence.

    Also, fuck yourself. You should have inferred that I made a typo.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Similar Threads

  1. Ducks and sex "arms race"
    By rivercrow in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-15-2014, 01:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO