User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Thread: Buying Sex

MBTI
    eNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Women gained their emancipation for the first time in history in Australia and New Zealand in 1903.

And recently prostitution has been legalised in Australlia.

And the next step in the liberation of women is to make the buying of sex a criminal offence.

Sweden is leading the world in the liberation of women and have made the buying of sex a criminal offence.

What are you doing in your own country to make the buying of sex a criminal offence?
    how does this only apply to the liberation of women?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I'm not necessarily calling for the criminalization of the trade.

And because you choose to do something doesn't mean that you don't sustain damage from it, if it is an inherently damaging thing to do.
    A lot of jobs are "inherently damaging". And hooking pays a lot more than moving furniture, etc.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Tough.

Critical to look at things like culture and historical attitudes towards sex and female sexuality. Most global 'civilized' culture has at its core a fundamental connection to one of the big three religious denominations - Judaism, Christianity and Islam. All 3 of which have taken a virulent attitude towards female sexuality and have worked to divorce women from any sense of biological control or psychological gratification from its natural exploration. Things like virginity and indentured sexual servitude on the basis of marriage were/are still emphasized and prized as favorable social traits in many 'progressive' social circles even today. It's why Feminism isn't understood as an approach towards equality/equilibrium and is instead often viewed with suspicision or outright dismissal. Or why some will view my last statement as misguided and/or idealistic.

Until we can honestly identify why/how women continue to find themselves behind men in positions of real power or authority (and not simply as an exception), it's prudent to keep an open mind about why we view consensual sex and biologically-sanctioned human sexuality as something that requires policing and legal penalty.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    A lot of jobs are "inherently damaging". And hooking pays a lot more than moving furniture, etc.
    Sure. So what? I'm not making an argument for criminalizing prostitution. I was simply taking issue with the statement I originally quoted.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Sure. So what? I'm not making an argument for criminalizing prostitution. I was simply taking issue with the statement I originally quoted.
    Yeah, I know. And I was taking an issue with your statement. He said legalization would likely lower emotional toll, you said that's not necessarily true, and I said it probably is.

I'm reckon I'm being a bit pedantic, but I figured I clear up any misunderstandings.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

How about a hooker who can move a grand piano( and carries her own insurance). Even when she is laying down on the job she is working. Now thats a name to pop in the rolladex.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    How about a hooker who can move a grand piano( and carries her own insurance). Even when she is laying down on the job she is working. Now thats a name to pop in the rolladex.
    A hooker who can move a grand piano sounds like someone who can cause a lot of damage in bed. And I bruise easy. So I'm going to have to pass on that adventure.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Tough.

Critical to look at things like culture and historical attitudes towards sex and female sexuality. Most global 'civilized' culture has at its core a fundamental connection to one of the big three religious denominations - Judaism, Christianity and Islam. All 3 of which have taken a virulent attitude towards female sexuality and have worked to divorce women from any sense of biological control or psychological gratification from its natural exploration. Things like virginity and indentured sexual servitude on the basis of marriage were/are still emphasized and prized as favorable social traits in many 'progressive' social circles even today. It's why Feminism isn't understood as an approach towards equality/equilibrium and is instead often viewed with suspicision or outright dismissal. Or why some will view my last statement as misguided and/or idealistic.

Until we can honestly identify why/how women continue to find themselves behind men in positions of real power or authority (and not simply as an exception), it's prudent to keep an open mind about why we view consensual sex and biologically-sanctioned human sexuality as something that requires policing and legal penalty.
    The answer might lie (and does, i believe) in that women themselves hold some things in higher priority than 'positions of real power or authority.' Evolutionary psychologists study and write on it extensively. Feminism is an outdated concept.

As to religion laying the foundation for sexual virtuosity versus promiscuity, I wouldn't disagree but there is a reason most of the civilized world ended up with these religious dogmas in the first place. They must have served some necessary purpose.

For Victor: As with all things, some are cut out to be ascetics and some are cut out to be sex workers. Shouldn't we allow them to exist and even flourish where they will on that continuum, just as we allow for a range of sexual identities and orientations to exist?

And Spamtar:
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

A hooker who can move a grand piano sounds like someone who can cause a lot of damage in bed. And I bruise easy. So I'm going to have to pass on that adventure.
    Well if she damages the goods you could always sue her for compensation.

But seriously. I think one of the reasons why prostitution is illegal is that many prostitutes have given the venerable profession a bad name. Its bad enough going to a strip house and getting that dang blasted glitter smeared all over ye for the whole world to see.

For example, consider the lack of work ethic that makes the profession less desirable than it need be. Now how many times does the whore find my little wee wee so amusing that she has to laugh at loud (...no matter how many times I cut her! Come on people there is a thing called bedside manner y'all). Now if it were legal there could be a web sight like Yelp where they could be rated and thus keep the industry in high esteem.

(note to offended readers see the disclaimer below...its actually quiet large)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Feminism is the pursuit of gender equality. The obsolescence of which will be celebrated when gender isn't held to question when defining competence or opportunity.

Which female president is your favorite?

Not a fair question? Then, which is the single most powerful position in the world - and why is it that only men have exclusively held it since our nation's birth?

Feminism is the pursuit of gender equality. We will not require it when we are without unspoken gender bias preventing a woman from being in control of the free world.