User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    What a ridiculous thing to say. What is this a community college...or highschool?
    You are either not understanding what your 'teacher' is saying...or your 'teacher' is high.

All 3 non-African genomes share the same (or at the very least - a similiar) proportion of the Neanderthal sequences...and it don't matter if you've got red hair or black hair or purple hair. Besides...it is estimated that only 1-2% of Neanderthals had reddish hair. And on top of all of that...there is no scientific evidence that Neanderthals and early humans ever interbred. That the similiarity between Neanderthals and non-African humans is most likely to be attributed to an earlier shared ancestor. But don't take my word for it.

read for yourself
    uh, my 'teacher' (sorry, i think the word professor is pretentious) was making a joke and so was i. but yes, i'm in community college with the rest of the lower life forms. so thanks for educating my poor, ignorant soul.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It's okay Chana.. Maybe one day we'll get out of our poor, unfortunate situations and rise up to belittle others and make ourselves feel better at their expense. (But probably not. Luckily there's prescriptions to fix our low self esteem for when we realize we'll just be like the rest of the world.)

At either rate, Gingers aren't a very common breed to begin with.. so it makes sense that they're not in high demand. Humans are the opposite of pets -- People want something as close to normal as possible. (I.E. So it looks like THEY had the baby, even if they can't.) With pets, they can be more experimental, and thus exotics are in higher demand and cost more.

Being one with red hair that isn't SO red, I get the annoying aspects of being 'discovered' to be a ginger from time to time, because some people are color blind or something.

I'd love to have a red-headed child.. and ginger men are just like any other type of man--some look great, others do not.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I'd love to have a red-headed child.. and ginger men are just like any other type of man--some look great, others do not.
    Look, I really think we're starting to get off track here. How the ginger-thing looks is completely subjective and doesn't really tell us anything meaningful. What we need to decide here is whether or not gingers are really people.

Its a shame, I think the world should have more beautiful red headed women, there arent enough for me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The whole Ginger meme really irritates me, I can't put my finger on why. Probably the same reason jokes about Canadians or Poles don't connect with me. I grew up in a 80% Hispanic town, we only had white person jokes, it seemed silly to specialize.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    uh, my 'teacher' (sorry, i think the word professor is pretentious) was making a joke and so was i. but yes, i'm in community college with the rest of the lower life forms. so thanks for educating my poor, ignorant soul.
    I apologize if my statements seemed directed at you personally. I honestly didn’t mean them to come out that way. I admit though…that I thought your joke was lame – absolutely belittling to an entire population of people. Yet it appeared that your joke stemmed from misinformation provided to you by your instructor and so I didn’t know what to make of it as I work in the same field. Perhaps it is the case that instructors at other institutions are able to make jokes/statements like that - but I wouldn’t be able to – nor would I want to. Especially when considering Anthropology’s long and ugly history of attempting to link specific modern-day populations to Neanderthals, etc.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I admit though…that I thought your joke was lame – absolutely belittling to an entire population of people.
    Are you finally admitting that you didn't understand the joke? LOL.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I apologize if my statements seemed directed at you personally. I honestly didn’t mean them to come out that way. I admit though…that I thought your joke was lame – absolutely belittling to an entire population of people. Yet it appeared that your joke stemmed from misinformation provided to you by your instructor and so I didn’t know what to make of it as I work in the same field. Perhaps it is the case that instructors at other institutions are able to make jokes/statements like that - but I wouldn’t be able to – nor would I want to. Especially when considering Anthropology’s long and ugly history of attempting to link specific modern-day populations to Neanderthals, etc.
    nothing's funny when it's broken down and analyzed to death.

and i don't care about it being directed towards me or not, it's a shitty, elitist assumption that if someone's teaching at a community college instead of a university they're incompetent or don't know what they're talking about. especially since a large number of teachers at my school used to work at uc berkeley and chose/prefer the community college.

anyway, sorry if my comment offended any gingers. y'all have it hard enough already.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    The whole Ginger meme really irritates me, I can't put my finger on why. Probably the same reason jokes about Canadians or Poles don't connect with me. I grew up in a 80% Hispanic town, we only had white person jokes, it seemed silly to specialize.
    By white person jokes, do you mean guerro jokes?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

absolutely belittling to an entire population of people.
    and your comments about high school and community college teachers wasn't? My high school English teacher had a Masters degree at that time and eventually went on to teach at a major university, not because of the prestige, but because she felt increasingly stifled in her creativity in the classroom by legal changes in the public school system.

Seriously, you made a classist assumption, in case you're unaware of why what YOU said in reply was equally belittling to an entire population of people...and what's more is that you were SERIOUS.