User Tag List

First 123 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

...it looks fine to me? How much damage can 8 year olds really do to each other while wrestling?

It is a little strange to use it for adult entertainment, though. I'm not sure what to think about that. The scantily clad woman is pretty sketch, too.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Oh, and @nebbykoo and @Victor

The only reason the English are associated with noblesque is that they tend to deny that any of their lower classes represent their country at all. Trailer parks are American. Chavs aren't properly English. It's all marketing.

MBTI
    INTP

Kids being physically active? WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF BULLSHIT IS THIS WORLD DROWNING IN?

Why can't these assholes buy their children an xbox or something?

The British Empire and the American Empire

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Oh the English were so noble. Yet the sun did set, didn't it.
    The sun always sets on empire.
    And the 'obligation' to noble behavior is something separate from that.
    Yes, the British, like the Ancient Romans were noble. For ordinary Britains went out to the colonies to bring the advantages of the Enlightenment.

And Australia of course is the perfect example of British nobility. We are a successful nation founded on the Enlightenment.

And to show our gratitude and love of the British, after WW II we gave Britain, free and clear of debt, one billion dollars. Contrast this with the ignoble Americans who made the British pay off their war debt, almost up to the present day.

The Americans present themselves in the best possible way, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and although Americans have overwhelming power, they are yet to be loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Oh, and @nebbykoo and @Victor

The only reason the English are associated with noblesque is that they tend to deny that any of their lower classes represent their country at all. Trailer parks are American. Chavs aren't properly English. It's all marketing.
    The throat of the British Empire was cut by the Americans in 1956 at the Suez Canal. We are cognizant of this as we are on one side of Suez and Britain is on the other.

So the British Empire has been over for some time and replaced by the American Empire.

And we only have to listen to the self pitying tone of the Americans to realise they inherited everything of the British Empire except noblesse oblige.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The throat of the British Empire was cut by the Americans in 1956 at the Suez Canal. We are cognizant of this as we are on one side of Suez and Britain is on the other.

So the British Empire has been over for some time and replaced by the American Empire.

And we only have to listen to the self pitying tone of the Americans to realise they inherited everything of the British Empire except noblesse oblige.
    I'm not complaining.

I'm not complaining.
    Consider your own tone. It's smart and clever, engaged in one upmanship. It reflects anything but noblesse oblige.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Consider your own tone. It's smart and clever, engaged in one upmanship. It reflects anything but noblesse oblige.
    And?

If you don't get my gist, it is that I don't care. I'm frankly puzzled as to why you think I might. My ideals are not your ideals. And honestly I see you practically throw absolutely anything you can at the US to see if you can get a hit.

This implies to me that your hatred of whatever my country means to you trumps your reason. I'll never be able to take that stance seriously.

And?

If you don't get my gist, it is that I don't care. I'm frankly puzzled as to why you think I might. My ideals are not your ideals. And honestly I see you practically throw absolutely anything you can at the US to see if you can get a hit.

This implies to me that your hatred of whatever my country means to you trumps your reason. I'll never be able to take that stance seriously.
    C'mon, we are the only country in the entire world that has supported you in all your major conflicts in the last one hundred years.

We have taken part in your failures for most of my life, so we might be in a position to point out your mistakes.

And today you are making the same mistakes in Afganistan and Iraq.

To be successful we need to stay in Iraq and Afganistan for at least another forty years, and we need to spend more money.

If we want to nation build in Iraq and Afganistan, we need to be there for the long haul. We need to put aside our self pity and adopt nobless oblige.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

C'mon, we are the only country in the entire world that has supported you in all your major conflicts in the last one hundred years.

We have taken part in your failures for most of my life, so we might be in a position to point out your mistakes.

And today you are making the same mistakes in Afganistan and Iraq.

To be successful we need to stay in Iraq and Afganistan for at least another forty years, and we need to spend more money.

If we want to nation build in Iraq and Afganistan, we need to be there for the long haul. We need to put aside our self pity and adopt nobless oblige.
    Keep slinging the dung. I suggest that you it up with the POTUS, Vic. And you might be even more successful if you take it up with your own government.

I assure you that I have zero influence on what my country does. My involvement in this discourse is mostly to say that England is not only those Lords and Ladies titled, but also the dredges. The noblemen stand on their shoulders to make themselves look taller.