User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    What is so good about cultural identity? Does my identity as an American eliminate my identity as a Texan? The E.U. or NAFTA/Amero is no different from combining states into one nation. I would rather have a competitive edge than be an indepedent weak nation.

If that meant giving up the sovereignty of our constitution/bill of rights would you still take this position?
    read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to learn how the Federal Reserve is robbing Americans blind and destroying this nation and others.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Annuit Coeptis View Post
    If that meant giving up the sovereignty of our constitution/bill of rights would you still take this position?
    I didn't mention the constitution or bill or rights. I said cultural identity. With that said, I don't think we would give up either. Have you seen many civil rights taken away in the E.U.? Do you honestly think that a constitution for the NAU would be based on anyone other than ours?

Quiet people serve the interest of corporations and the government better than subjugated people do.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    intp

Have you seen many civil rights taken away in the E.U.?
    Double Jeopardy, for one.
    read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to learn how the Federal Reserve is robbing Americans blind and destroying this nation and others.

MBTI
    intp

Do you honestly think that a constitution for the NAU would be based on anyone other than ours?
    I can't say. All I'm afraid of is that a greater governing body could have the power to make that choice.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Annuit Coeptis View Post
    Double Jeopardy, for one.
    The E.U. took away double jeopardy, or simple doesn't eliminate it? Becuase if the nation has its own double jeopardy laws, they would still hold power unless the E.U. expressely allows it.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    type

em. Just to put in a realistic perspective: when any countries join a union, very rarely will their ENTIRE constitution change. most changes, if any, are simply cosmetic.

most countries band together (bloc) for the sake of economic benefits first, then military/security second. as such, if anything were to change, it'd be economic policies--a win-win would be sought, rather than interference in the sovereign right of nations.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland