First 456

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

And I really will do cartwheels through the street.

Going to do them now.

BRB.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I got a hunting dog from some guy down in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot. Through certain commands, she root out the small animals. She does different behaviors for different kinds of animals.

In the field behind where I live, I see Mr. Beaver is running about 50 head of cattle that are eating grass. In the other field, they have soybeans. Probably it's 50 acres worth, I'd say.

I see Mr. Weaver's house behind the field. He builds houses. Last week his wife sent over some homemade baked bread. It was some pretty decent bread.

If I have to do without power, I'm going to miss it. I've lived here 6 years at this particular farm. This is the first year I've had air conditioning, so I'm getting spoiled like them city folk.

I like living here. There ain't no crime. Everyone leaves all the doors unlocked. There ain't much fear. Theives get shot in the face around here. I use two shotguns and a deer rifle, even though I'm not supposed to have any guns being that I'm a crazy person.

What would be nice is if the traffic were less on the highway, since I don't like a lot of noise. Also, like I said, I wish there were less lights, because then we could see the stars better.

^ha, ha

And I'm a sophisticated urbanite compared with most of the people around here.

Usually after a hurricane stores are open in one or two days. Streets are cleared in a few days.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Soooooooo Anti social...you didn't answer my questions, ETC.

Why do you think you'll be better offf?

Given all my evidence, you probably will want to move to the Southeast, right?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Further, my father is a chemical engineer who has worked in various refineries in the Southeast, such as one 20 miles from New Orleans and several in the Mobile Bay region. He agrees with me that we'll find alternative energy; a new basis for modern society. He has lots of ideas about it.

He's more concerned about the restructuring of global eonomies that needs to occur in shorter term. I do too, though I'm on the opposite end of the political spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    Soooooooo Anti social...you didn't answer my questions, ETC.

Why do you think you'll be better offf?

Given all my evidence, you probably will want to move to the Southeast, right?

Why would I want to do that ? I live thousands of miles from the closet USA border ?

Actually I am not answering since I dont have the time to think thing through at the moment.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Why would I want to do that ? I live thousands of miles from the closet USA border ?

Actually I am not answering since I dont have the time to think thing through at the moment.

I sort of joking with you on that specific point: moving here. I suggest you visit, especially after a hurricane.

What I've done is present volumes of material suggesting that the Southeast will remain a place to live, even if global energy sources fail.

I'd like you present why yours would survive better, or debunk my idea. This a great place to live, and people have lived here since 14,000 years before present.

MBTI
    INTP

I live in the southeast USA. If we run out of petroleum and don't find an alternative, I think I'll be fine. It's not like commerce is going to come to a halt. You'll still have people selling food and firewood and most of the basic necessities. Some people around here still remember how to do things like make lye soap, do basic blacksmithing, and weave on a loom.

I'll grow a bunch of food in my backyard, which won't be hard, and will collect rainwater or get water from one of the nearby creeks. For heat I'd probably make a wood burning stove to use in the living room, although my wood supply at the house is limited, which could be an issue.

As for hurricane and tornado damages, that's why they make hand saws. Granted, using a hand saw on a tree is fucking hard work (speaking from first hand experience on that one), but it's doable. Also, you wouldn't have a high supply of new saw blades to use, but the old ones should last a while, and you could make crude ones from scrap metal. That should last you until someone gets an old iron refinery operational.

I'd rather be here than out in the desert, that's for sure.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Yeah, considering everything, the Southeast of the US is the place I would most want to live in the US in the event of a global energy crisis, not the last. It's not supplied by man-irrigated water (the southwest), very difficult to travel in or farm (Mountains) or really cold and snowy in the winter (where I live now, the northern Midwest, and then much of Alaska), or really crowded (the Mid Atlantic). My second choice would be the Pacific Northwest.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Yeah, considering everything, the Southeast of the US is the place I would most want to live in the US in the event of a global energy crisis, not the last. It's not supplied by man-irrigated water (the southwest), very difficult to travel in or farm (Mountains) or really cold and snowy in the winter (where I live now, the northern Midwest, and then much of Alaska), or really crowded (the Mid Atlantic). My second choice would be the Pacific Northwest.
    This is a good point. People can survive a month without food, but only a few days without water.

My current apartment in Florida is about 15ft from a pond. Of course, living at a fish hatchery is cheating, but I'd say I have about 60,000,000 liters of water in holding ponds.

And if that doesn't work, I live three miles from a river. My last apartment in Alabama also was on waterfront land, so my front door was 40 feet from a creek.

My apartment in Mississippi was two blocks from a river.

When my family lived in Loisiana when I was five, we lived about a mile from the levees of the Mississippi river itself.

Thus, I didn't think about it so much, but I've never lived more than a mile from a river.

This reminds me of living in Louisiana at ages 5 through 7. I caught crawfish in the ditches across the street, and our property, we had peach trees.

Here, I guess I'd have to take up fishing for food rather than operating a fish hatchery.

MBTI
    ENFJ

The most difficult places to live in the US in this case I would bet would be the southwest and the mountains -- I would mostly be worried about the southwest, though.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge