Then perhaps you should disconnect yourself from the internet then

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

(Only read the OP,)

I understand the logistics here, but we need to take into account that we are only human. Some people may opt out of healthcare, thinking that it will help them pay for food and rent. Especially young people. If a 30 year old man went into a coma after opting out of healthcare, I wouldn't have a problem putting my tax dollars there. We're so cheap and individualistic as a society, it makes me sick. The laughter and response is so inhumane to me. I understand the sentiment, but come on people, everyone needs external support at some time in their lives.

Edit: (Rereads) Realizes the Fi nature of this statement- so I need to add a dramatic smiley.

and a global statement.

"The world today is so cruel!"
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP

Would you at least give people the choice to opt out of having to pay for that mans personal mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    Then perhaps you should disconnect yourself from the internet then
    Nawh, I think I'll just stay smart.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Are you purposly being difficult and creating nonsensical arguments?
    I suppose you are oblivious to the fact that business do run everything, when they have government sanction? As in legislation and regulation written specificly for their benefit?
    Like many people with your belief system, all you see are the positives and none of the negatives which already exist - like the fact that our economy went to dogshit after Bush de-regulated big business, and now we're in a recession instead of a depression because of Obama....and the Republicans supported this move...it's only the libertarians who don't seem to see what the reality of unrestrained business is.

It's like living in la la land.

I almost feel more empathy for the communists, because they weren't as aware of the world, and didn't have as much access to information to look at as you guyz...it's like, good lord, read something besides Reason magazine and Lew Rockwell's blog. I don't get all of my information from liberal organizations, so why would you only believe libertarian views? It's kind of crazy Nazi-esque to me, even though libertarians think they believe in liberty.

Take this web site for example. There are people complaining about the way it is run. These people have a problem with authority IN GENERAL. I happen to know that many of the loudest complainers are also libertarians. So what I'm seeing here is that these people really aren't making the connection that "authority" is still going to exist on web sites and in businesses and in churches and in charities...dissolving government isn't going to magically make them free to roam the prairie.

I really advocate that some of you take some supplies out into the desert or buy a small island to conduct your ludicrous experiment.

See to be honest, with the US looking like it will eventually have to curtail militarism, even with the war on terror, war on drugs, war on crime, all to contend with its going to need some other way of circulating the money to keep the economy operational, in the post-imperial GB they used health and other public services to do that, anyone with a modest understanding of history would see that's what's being repeated with the US.

But no, libertarians are in it for utopia. Fuck it all up and burn it all down. Get jobs in the new privatised police beating bums to death.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Would you at least give people the choice to opt out of having to pay for that mans personal mistakes?
    I'm on the line with that question.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Get jobs in the new privatised police beating bums to death.
    This is what freaks me out. I mean, take schools for example. Public schools usually aren't run as strictly as private schools. It is typically the private schools that have the stricter dress codes and blah blah blah.

We also see abuses of power in business all of the time.

When things are private, people do as they please, but truthfully, a wealthy few will be in charge, and their rules may be stricter or more barbaric than what people think of our government (as though our government is some 3rd world dictatorship!) ...Privacy of everything actually could lead to a sort of dictatorship.

I do see it as a re-manifestation of "the aristocracy" though, like the poster above, they cry about kings and queens. Do they not think some of these wealthy people will not behave in the same manner?

It's so, so unrealistic. It's mind boggling.

I'd love to live in Ron Paul's world where people are free, and moral, and fair and care for each other for small groups. That would be ideal. But I don't think people living in the U.S. at this juncture even have the morality to make such a sweet little dream a reality. It's more like dog eat dog.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Like many people with your belief system, all you see are the positives and none of the negatives which already exist - like the fact that our economy went to dogshit after Bush de-regulated big business, and now we're in a recession instead of a depression because of Obama....and the Republicans supported this move...it's only the libertarians who don't seem to see what the reality of unrestrained business is.

Stuff
    Perhaps you need to revisit what actually happened, when FED policies was the fuel of this crisis. The lender of last resort, forming moral hazard any of these banks and institutions had. And that giving special privileges to corporations is what usually falls under what people calls deregulation.
    Maybe you're missing Sarbanes-Oxley Act, or Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (oh wait, Clinton actually did that just before Bush took office). Maybe you should realise Clinton was also riding the stimulus of Greenspan.
    In fact the federal register expanded dramaticly during Bush years. So did the regulatory budget, in fact it expanded more then any other previous presidencies.

Deregulation was a myth.

Oh and actually, we are in a depression... each stimulus pack simply held off the full effect of it for a little while. It did not prevent it.
    In fact it is pushing away the recovery process even further while making it harder for employment opportunities to arise compounding the unemployment problem. Monsterous amounts of debt is now nationalised, of staggering stupidity which has no chance of ever being paid back short of an inflationary armageddon, destruction of the currency. The alternative is the hard medicine, liquidation of debt and malinvestments accumilated over the decades.

The positives you see in the illigimate functions of government, are usually obscured by the nature of long term eventual negative consequences.

Your website example you give doesn't quite cut it, as it isn't mandatory for you to join it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post

It's like living in la la land.

I almost feel more empathy for the communists, because they weren't as aware of the world, and didn't have as much access to information to look at as you guyz...it's like, good lord, read something besides Reason magazine and Lew Rockwell's blog. I don't get all of my information from liberal organizations, so why would you only believe libertarian views? It's kind of crazy Nazi-esque to me, even though libertarians think they believe in liberty.

Take this web site for example. There are people complaining about the way it is run. These people have a problem with authority IN GENERAL. I happen to know that many of the loudest complainers are also libertarians. So what I'm seeing here is that these people really aren't making the connection that "authority" is still going to exist on web sites and in businesses and in churches and in charities...dissolving government isn't going to magically make them free to roam the prairie.

I really advocate that some of you take some supplies out into the desert or buy a small island to conduct your ludicrous experiment.

I'd really like you try to explain what "deregulation" actually caused our recession. You're out of your depth.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"