Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    I would be of the mindset that Jesus would not support socialized heath care but expect his followers and the church to provide for those who needed it.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
    - Matthew 34 - 40

So you agree that these Republicans aren't real Christians but only ascribe to Christianity for social reasons, because if they were real Christians they wouldn't be cheering over death or be so vindictive and malicious about the weaknesses of other people.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    I would be of the mindset that Jesus would not support socialized heath care but expect his followers and the church to provide for those who needed it.
    Bingo. Faith in God and individual good works formulate the core of a good Christian's life. Forcing people to be charitable is oxymoronic and removes the free will aspect of human nature that is vital to morality.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Bingo! Private welfare is one way to think about it. If the state needs to get involved, then at best it plays a secondary and mostly subsidizing role to more primary health care providers such as families, churches, local communities, etc.
    Well I'm sorry I value Se over Ni, so I guess I don't see the alternative ways to think about it.

However, those here IN REALITY see that families, churches, and local communities aren't doing a very fucking good job of providing health care. We want health care because so many people are suffering IN REALITY.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    So you agree that these Republicans aren't real Christians but only ascribe to Christianity for social reasons, because if they were real Christians they wouldn't be cheering over death or be so vindictive and malicious about the weaknesses of other people.
    I for one was horrified by the crowd and unimpressed with paul's response.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the teachings of Jesus are opposed to the idiocy of Social Darwinism (which can't even be proven by science.)
    How would Social Darwinism be proved by science? What do you mean by "Social Darwinism" in this case? To whose tenets are you referring?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Well I'm sorry I value Se over Ni, so I guess I don't see the alternative ways to think about it.

However, those here IN REALITY see that families, churches, and local communities aren't doing a very fucking good job of providing health care. We want health care because so many people are suffering IN REALITY.

They used to do an excellent job. In fact, a higher percentage of Americans had health insurance in the 1950s, before Medicare and Medicaid. We also had many free hospitals for the indigent back then. So, how would you explain the fact that the governments spends more than 40 cents out of every dollar spent on healthcare in the U.S., but fewer people are covered now?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    I for one was horrified by the crowd and unimpressed with paul's response.
    agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Slaves and Sinners

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Bingo. Faith in God and individual good works formulate the core of a good Christian's life. Forcing people to be charitable is oxymoronic and removes the free will aspect of human nature that is vital to morality.
    Morality has been based on the abusive doctrine of Original Sin.

However the abusive doctrine of Original Sin is an improvement on Child Sacrifice. For Child Sacrifice kills the child, while Original Sin merely blames the child for sin and the child survives.

And the authoritarian mode of child rearing controls the child and so in an improvement on the abusive form or child rearing, as the child is no longer blamed but controlled.

However in prosperous countries we are now moving into the helping mode of child rearing, and we tend to no longer sacrifice the child, blame the child or control the child, no, we are now helping the child achieve their life goals.

And what we notice is that corporate sin does infinitely more damage than individual sin. War is the perfect example, and corrupt institutions of all strips are coming to our attention.

Jesus, as we know, refused to contemn the Roman Empire as it was based on institutional slavery, and said, "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's".

Jesus, as did everyone at the time, received an abusive child rearing and so believed in individual sin, and so was psychologically incapable of condemning the Roman Empire and institutional slavery. After all, Jesus believed slaves were sinners.

Sniffles

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the teachings of Jesus are opposed to the idiocy of Social Darwinism (which can't even be proven by science.)
    I wasn't arguing for social darwinism Marm, please stay on topic.

This isn't an issue of Se vs Ni. This is primarily about you trying to misinterpret Christ's words to suit a narrow political agenda.

However, those here IN REALITY see that families, churches, and local communities aren't doing a very fucking good job of providing health care.
    On what grounds are you making this argument?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

There's got to be some mirror-image equivalent to Godwin's Law that says the conversation is over whenever anyone argues along the lines of "I'm right because Jesus agrees with me."
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.