First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

George W. Bush and Rick Perry comparison point 5: Both male cheerleaders

I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTP

So is it officially a Perry v Obama race now?

Obamas success will depend entirely on how batshit his opponent is. Im not sure how independents feel about Perry but the whole "literal 6 day creation" and "Texas should secede" business wont go over well. Plus theres the factor of his position on the Federal Reserve. People who oppose the federal reserve dont tend to fare well in elections.
    +10% Crit Chance

Permabanned

if obama doesn't win, i'm going to laugh. it would be almost worth it.
    the whole binarized political system is a farce anyway, so it really doesn't matter. the system is way past outdated.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    So is it officially a Perry v Obama race now?
    Apparently so according to this more main stream, "scientifically conducted" poll.

Interesting aside is that the "Tea Party" appears to have lost its libertarian roots (Paul) and has been infiltrated by the more "Moral Majority"/"social conservative" (Perry/Palin) crowd.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    so it really doesn't matter
    Um, yes, it does fucking matter, it's a nation of people we're talking about.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    This isn't about your impression of him, it's about how Bush perceives himself. I come from the culture he's part of; and I think he sincerely believed himself to be both. Of course, I have an issue with labeling him as compassionate because I don't think his policies were compassionate in the way I consider to be compassionate, but I don't really have doubts about his self-perception here or that he personally happened to be sincere about (even though it's clear some of those around him used it as just another card to play).

I think it's pretty telling as soon as he got out of office, he made himself scarce. I think he considered the presidency, once he was there, more of a duty than as an exercise in power, and once he was relieved of that duty, he was happy to get away from it.
    Yes because of his stances on things like education and the way he opposed his party on prescription drugs for the elderly and federally funding health clinics. He is very typical of a Conservative Southern Christian, and honestly, although I saw him as stupid or evil early in his presidency, I learned that he actually was more like an oblivious puppet. Oblivious in that his idea of compassion was muted by his family's wealth and interest in oil (I mean, I think it's possible he just doesn't realize, a lot of people from those sort of backgrounds just don't get it) ...and a puppet in the sense that I think smarter and more sinister people may have been pulling strings within his cabinet and party.

Still don't like his leaning of the crutch of "terr" but I will say that he probably did not *mean* to be as evil as he is perceived. Dick Cheney on the other hand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

so it really doesn't matter. the system is way past outdated.
    I used to believe this way.

And it seems that it cant get much better regardless if Democrat or Republican wins.

However, after the Supreme Court appointed George W. I would add the corollary, regardless of the party, that depending on the candidates, it can get much worse, much faster with the greater of two evils.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I used to believe this way.

And it seems that it cant get much better regardless if Democrat or Republican wins.

However, after the Supreme Court appointed George W. I would add the corollary, regardless of the party, that depending on the candidates, it can get much worse, much faster with the greater of two evils.
    It can. But it can get better. Right now it's stagnant..at best. Most of the rest of the world isn't. Update the policies or get left in the dust. Neither party has the balls to do this...because each party defends a specific idealogy. Essentially its "idealogy" vs "idealogy" as it has been since, what, the 60s? That's fifty years down the drain.

All I'm saying is America has bigger problems than nationalistic politics. You people need to get to work.
    400 years was good though...lol

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

It can. But it can get better. Right now it's stagnant..at best. Most of the rest of the world isn't. Update the policies or get left in the dust. Neither party has the balls to do this...because each party defends a specific idealogy. Essentially its "idealogy" vs "idealogy" as it has been since, what, the 60s? That's fifty years down the drain.

All I'm saying is America has bigger problems than nationalistic politics. You people need to get to work.
    400 years was good though...lol
    I would say its less about ideology and primarily about how each individual citizen is no longer adequately represented by the legislature (The number of seats in the House of Representatives is currently set to 435, and has been since 1913 despite a huge growth in the nation population and about 3,000% [percent] less representation than originally) corruption of the U.S. Constitution's principles of "separation of powers" and the Commerce Clause, and the ability of sources outside of the will of the people to essentially bribe the Representatives of all 3 branches of government as well as nearly all of the media.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

People have the weirdest ideas about Americans. Somebody on this forum said (a couple of years ago), "Anybody can be an American." Now apparently nobody can. Never mind if you're part indigenous population + people who came here in the 1700's, as in, your ancestors have been buried here for centuries ...

Maybe Mkenya imagines there's no countries.