User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Ron Paul got the "craziest guy onstage" award with his comment about his worries concerning Americans being trapped "in" by the border fence.
    If you understood the history of countries where the economic conditions will get extremely bad, as the US is in the process of doing...(yes, it is going to get worse, much worse then you realise), then a wall with machine guns and tight security will definatly be used to keep people in.
    An I told you so later on will feel like a kick in the nuts.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'll just say this, the only thing Paul showed last night was rigid ideological purity.

His stances would be completely unjustifiable to the general electorate.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    The problem with Paul is one needs an understanding of what government actually does opposed to what people think it does, to understand his positions.
    I agree with you that the general populace doesn't seem to really have a clue about how politics actually functions internally, it's like a black box to them. It's one reason why people always get pissed off at the incumbents ...expecting all their problems to be solved just by good intentions, and deciding that the people in question don't have good intentions or have lied if the situations aren't fixed quickly. The whole US system, especially when you're dealing with state vs fed communications and who has what power where and how situations need to be approached, or dealing with something like the economy, is far more complicated than it looks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmmm, not American so a question someone asked in a newspaper article comment got me curious. When you say federal government, you just mean the executive branch right? Or are the 2 legislative bodies part of it as well? Or it includes the judicial too?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    FREE

Federal as opposed to state government. For instance, California, the state where I live, has its own executive, legislative, and judicial branches similar to those at the national (federal) level. The federal government trumps the state government in authority, but many things are left up to the states to decide (e.g. the federal government doesn't address those issues).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

http://www.skilluminati.com/research...body_language/

I dont know if anyone has posted this yet.

Who behaves like this in public with cameras rolling? Seriously.

Notice's Ron's location relative to the podium here...and in the next picture. Ron steps back about 2-3 feet to the side and is still trying to get Perry's hand off him...

...and then Huntsman arrives to break it up. Insanity. This should have been the focus of today's media coverage. Meltdown status: Reich Perry has mental issues that disqualify him from office.

^He looks like hes about to bitch slap Ron Paul. This is going to be a fun election.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

@Jonnyboy : I understand that part. I'm more interested in knowing when people say the government is too big/small or spends too much/little or should/shouldn't mess with what I do in my house, do they mean just the executive or all 3 branches?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

All three.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ive got a funny feeling none of them give a damn about executive overreach. When they say the government is too big they mean that the government handles too many things that the private sector should do/sticks its nose too much in people bussiness. Considering who writes their checks its no surprise they care much more about the first one.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Hit View Post
    http://www.skilluminati.com/research...body_language/

I dont know if anyone has posted this yet.

^He looks like hes about to bitch slap Ron Paul. This is going to be a fun election.
    LOL, that dood looks like a loose cannon! (deserved to be placed in a wrist lock [or better yet kicked in the ballz) for that unconsentual aggressive touching...if not criminal charges for misdemeanor battery)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"