First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I'm excited to watch the GOP candidate debate tonight at 8pm est.
    I will probably post a response to it here.
    I only caught a few minutes of it while working out at the gym, but I'd love to hear what you think, honestly; I think you're more acquainted with that slate of candidates more than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    With the rise of Perry suddenly Romney seems more palatable to me.
    Is that because Perry is more extreme conservative in comparison?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I only caught a few minutes of it while working out at the gym, but I'd love to hear what you think, honestly; I think you're more acquainted with that slate of candidates more than I am.
    I'm hitting the hay early, but I'll do a full write up of my opinion tomorrow.

I've been reading early reactions, and it's funny how people are coming to completely different conclusions about who won and who lost.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Peary seems like another "George Bush Jr" dumb Texan Governor. I think him calling Social Security as a Ponzi scheme will begin his slide from electability.

Michele Bachmann came off creepy.

Romney seemed bland but didn't waffle as much this time and seemed to impress the talking heads by simply not screwing up.

Ron Paul was clever and creative and ignored by the media as usual.

Rick Santorum was a typical rank and file neocon. Herman Caim, whoever he is, seemed to do OK

Newt Gingrich seemed intelligent compared to the more recognizable big names of Peary/Bachmann/Romney.

I was impressed/pleasantly surprised by Jon Huntsman Jr. who came off reasonable soft spoken and independent minded and includes having the values getting out of Afghanistan and valuing science. Also looked up his qualifications and he did well as a Governor as well as having a good foreign policy background as ambassador to China.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Is that because Perry is more extreme conservative in comparison?
    This:

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    [Perry] seems like another "George Bush Jr" dumb Texan Governor.
    That combined with his connection to powerful interests like the bilderbergs combined and his quickness to misuse power (hpv vaccines by executive order in a non-emergency) greatly disturbs me.

I know Romney was a corporate raider and all of that, but at least he has his own fortune (and is much more charitable than Perry with his money) and would seem to be not quite as beholding to anyone (except for all the millions of dollars he's already raised).

The more I think about it the more I get depressed about the lot of them.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Romney seemed bland but didn't waffle as much this time and seemed to impress the talking heads by simply not screwing up.
    Wow. Is that what being president has come down to now? Being the least screw-up in the cluster?

Ron Paul was clever and creative and ignored by the media as usual.
    Why do you think he gets ignored, if he hits consistently at bat?

Newt Gingrich seemed intelligent compared to the more recognizable big names of Peary/Bachmann/Romney.
    His sister/sister-in-law (I'm a little vague on the matter) went to my old church. Life is weird.

He's been around once before.

I was impressed/pleasantly surprised by Jon Huntsman Jr. who came off reasonable soft spoken and independent minded and includes having the values getting out of Afghanistan and valuing science. Also looked up his qualifications and he did well as a Governor as well as having a good foreign policy background as ambassador to China.
    Who's this guy? I haven't heard of him before.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE

I too continue to be impressed by Huntsman; he is my favorite. I'd likely vote for Huntsman over Obama, and I will never ever never ever vote for Perry over Obama.

"To be clear. I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. Call me crazy."
    -Huntsman

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

"To be clear. I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. Call me crazy."
    -Huntsman

I'll call him crazy to fly that flag in a republican presidential primary.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    FREE

Yeah, believing in reality seems to be a big nono for Republican voters. I really hope one day this insanity stops and we can stop arguing over whether things like gravity exist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why do you think he [Dr. Ron Paul] gets ignored [By the main stream media], if he hits consistently at bat?.
    I don't know. I surprised that a person can keep on getting favorable poll results after near media blackouts. I first noticed it last election and had never seen the media shoot someone with their ignore gun so blatantly. This is important because in politics it has been said that the media is the fourth arm of government. Jon Stewart recently noticed this and his video clip illustrating this is a mix of sadness and hilarity. Check out the Jon Stewart video commentary on this guy’s website below the article. http://grantjkidney.com/jon-stewart-...nore-ron-paul/
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Here was one "fact check" article I saw on Yahoo News this morning...
    http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-per...021556685.html