User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 65

  1. #31
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I didn't say anything about teaching multiple languages -- well, except for Spanish -- I just said that English should -- excuse me, shall -- be an official language.
    I was talking about Spanish being taught to children fluently, in school, as a second language.

  2. #32
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    personally, I would place a constitutional ban on the draft. the idea that it's alright to make a law forcing to place their country as higher priority than their own life is feudal, despicable and downright evil
    I'm all for this.

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I agree with the drinking age.. from 16 on, slow emersion into alcohol would be better than "Hey kid! Go crazy now!" Limitations on the proof, number sold, etc would rock. They could do it the same way they do the WIC service cards where it gets set up a certain way. If parents don't want their kids to drink, take away the card and they can't buy it without it. If they are allowed, they'll be limited in their purchases with or without parents there. Simple, and the card will update with the birthdays until 21 when it's unnecessary anymore.
    I think 18 year olds should be allowed to buy alcohol all they want if they've served in the armed forces.

    An equal opportunity amendment that includes Everything. Sex, Religion, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabilities, etc.

    I also agree highly with the campaign limits.

    I also think that emergency hospital care and health care for children should be free. I don't know if everything will ever be free in America, but those two to me stand out. Someone shouldn't be scared of fixing a broken bone because of money.. and parents shouldn't be saying the things my sister is saying, "Don't let him walk on the cement. If he falls and hurts himself, I don't have him insured yet.."

    I'm for these too.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Oh my:
    • Spanish shall not be taught in American schools.
    • Illegal immigrants shall be shot on sight.
    • Jews shall not be allowed to hold positions in US government.
    • No person shall operate a motor vehicle after 65 years of age.

    Oh yes, change is coming...
    Regarding the above, I hope you're joking.

    $1.00 gas would be great though.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  3. #33
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    personally, I would place a constitutional ban on the draft.
    Wouldn't that be rather moot considering there hasn't been a draft since the 1970s?

    the idea that it's alright to make a law forcing to place their country as higher priority than their own life is feudal, despicable and downright evil
    The second bolded part is debatable, what isn't really debatable is the claim that the draft is a feudal-based idea, when in fact it isn't(at least not the popular image we have of it).

  4. #34
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    This would be mine. It's a bit daydreamy, but maybe corporations wouldn't write laws anymore. I think it's the single biggest thing wrong with the country.
    By and large, we have to destroy any room for interpreting a corporation's legal status as that of a person. That's where most of the bullshit starts.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  5. #35
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    By and large, we have to destroy and room for interpreting a corporation's legal status as that of a person. That's where most of the bullshit starts.
    we actually agree on this
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #36
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    How substantial that market distortion is is debatable. A consumption based tax would off-set this, but still wouldn't bring in as much revenue as an income tax (assuming tax rates are the same).
    A) Not necessarily true; A FairTax-type plan would be like 23% added in (or @30% on top of the value); and B) what's wrong with less revenue?


    Why would this be a desirable outcome?
    Because the federal government is too large and spends too much already.


    Then the answer is reform of existing tax laws, not overturning income taxes altogether.
    Tax reform would be great, but not go as far as I'd like.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  7. #37
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The only real thing I would like is for the Supreme court to reign in its expansive understanding of the commerce clause.
    This.

  8. #38
    The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    If Falcarius were American, he would probably say make it illegal for federal debt to go over 35% of GDP and also for it to be illegal to have military bases in foreign lands under any circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

    Narcissism, plain and simple.

  9. #39
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I agree with the drinking age.. from 16 on, slow emersion into alcohol would be better than "Hey kid! Go crazy now!" Limitations on the proof, number sold, etc would rock. They could do it the same way they do the WIC service cards where it gets set up a certain way. If parents don't want their kids to drink, take away the card and they can't buy it without it. If they are allowed, they'll be limited in their purchases with or without parents there. Simple, and the card will update with the birthdays until 21 when it's unnecessary anymore.
    I think 18 year olds should be allowed to buy alcohol all they want if they've served in the armed forces.

    An equal opportunity amendment that includes Everything. Sex, Religion, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabilities, etc.

    I also agree highly with the campaign limits.

    I also think that emergency hospital care and health care for children should be free. I don't know if everything will ever be free in America, but those two to me stand out. Someone shouldn't be scared of fixing a broken bone because of money.. and parents shouldn't be saying the things my sister is saying, "Don't let him walk on the cement. If he falls and hurts himself, I don't have him insured yet.."
    these are sound good to me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #40
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Wouldn't that be rather moot considering there hasn't been a draft since the 1970s?
    no, they have the power to reinstate the draft at any time. this is a big problem if you ask me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. What Lessons/Principles Should be Taught to the Youth of Today?
    By Cloudpatrol in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 10-24-2016, 04:20 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 07:46 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 09:31 PM
  4. 2nd Amendment: ripe for selective incorporation to the states
    By Vizconde in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 09:46 AM
  5. Do you think everything that should be done, can be done?
    By ygolo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO