User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Crocs are awesome! I hiked out of the Grand Canyon in mine, you fashionazis!
    Crocs are like house slippers or really smelly, beat up old sneakers.

Wear them in your garden or off hiking on your own or whatever. Don't wear them in public places, and subject everyone else to those eyesores.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    Crocs are like house slippers or really smelly, beat up old sneakers.

Wear them in your garden or off hiking on your own or whatever. Don't wear them in public places, and subject everyone else to those eyesores.
    It's like socks with sandals.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I don't even see why baggy pants are an issue. Presumably they'll hinder people from running/make them trip and fall when they actually do give cops a reason to chase them.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I don't even see why baggy pants are an issue. Presumably they'll hinder people from running/make them trip and fall when they actually do give cops a reason to chase them.
    Because they don't want people to show their underwear in school.

I knew a guy who actually used to let his pants sag WITHOUT UNDERWEAR. We were subjected to his pubes, it was effing ridiculous. It was like "dude, put some fucking pants on." It was a white guy, too, more like a hippie than trying to emulate that gangsta look. One of my roommates shaved his face, gave him a shirt, and a belt.

I coulda cared less about his beard and tank tops, but he really did need to put some fucking pants on.

I know people who had to wear uniforms to school, so I don't think this is really that big of a deal. When I was in school your shorts had to be a certain length (no shorter than your fingertips by your sides) and you couldn't wear tank tops.

I think people are reacting to absolutely nothing. It's a law surrounding government-supported schools, for pete's sake, and private schools enforce even stricter dress codes. Give me a fucking break.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Because they don't want people to show their underwear in school.

I knew a guy who actually used to let his pants sag WITHOUT UNDERWEAR. We were subjected to his pubes, it was effing ridiculous. It was like "dude, put some fucking pants on." It was a white guy, too, more like a hippie than trying to emulate that gangsta look. One of my roommates shaved his face, gave him a shirt, and a belt.

I coulda cared less about his beard and tank tops, but he really did need to put some fucking pants on.

I know people who had to wear uniforms to school, so I don't think this is really that big of a deal. When I was in school your shorts had to be a certain length (no shorter than your fingertips by your sides) and you couldn't wear tank tops.

I think people are reacting to absolutely nothing. It's a law surrounding government-supported schools, for pete's sake, and private schools enforce even stricter dress codes. Give me a fucking break.
    Indecent exposure != baggy pants

If they're going to make the law for that reason (as opposed to the white-haired neighbors grumbling about "kids these days"), then directly ban that.

I don't see the issue with showing underwear, slutty dressers get to show their "Every Dawg Needz A Boner" g-strings above the muffin-top squeezing low risers. Why the double standard for men?

I'd prefer not to see it (though I don't mind fashionable boxers showing), but I don't see why people should be banned from showing the underwear in public, unless there's a giant shit stain for the world to see as the offender waddles like a constipated/wedgied penguin.

What's the hangup over showing under garments anyway - is it because people realize that underneath that layer is a nude body, which is apparently frightening in this country?

Horror of horror!

In fact, we should ban all chicks from going commando under their jeans, so as to not risk showing skin if the jeans rip. Hopefully the cops will be willing to stick a finger right up every lady's ass, down her jeans, to ensure compliance.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    GONE

It's the same reason schools ban hats and why hoodies were banned in parts of the UK (yes? no?) or why Tim's or "work boots" are not allowed at certain clubs. The issue isn't fashion or lack of it but the culture and BEHAVIOR it represents or fosters. Basically, Florida don't want no punks or young bucks playing at acting like a thug. Or worse, actually being a thug.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

In the '90s it was baggy pants sagging showing underwear, in the late '00s/early '10s it is tight skinny pants sagging showing underwear which makes even less sense, that said, trying to outlaw sagging is kind of intolerance in my opinion.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    when are they going to outlaw being fat?
    That would result in economic ruin.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    the law by itself is not a big deal. in all frankness, it's kinda funny
    the underlining trend behind the law: the idea that the government has the right to dictate behavior based solely on the premise of social acceptability. HUGE deal
    The purpose of any government is to dictate behavior based on a premise of social acceptability. I don't understand your reasoning.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

super baggy pants look stupid, but making a law about them is even worse. who cares?