First 12345 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I don't agree with this proposal (you probably don't either), but honestly I can see the logic in it if you view obscene child obesity as a form of severe parental neglect
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    They should outlaw Crocs while they're at it.

Those things are so ugly, it's almost a sin.
    I second this notion..

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I don't agree with this proposal (you probably don't either), but honestly I can see the logic in it if you view obscene child obesity as a form of severe parental neglect
    "Despite the discomfort posed by state intervention, it may sometimes be necessary to protect a child," Murtagh said.
    Discomfort...
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Kids shouldn't be fat, IMHO. I'm not talking a little chubby because they're about to go through a growth spurt. Or because they have health condition, poor wee mites. I'm talking about so big they CAN'T do the normal stuff that kids do. What is wrong with some parents today? You can't feed your kids crap all the time, and expect them to be healthy. And take them out to sport and stuff, or even just to the freakin' park, so they run around. This is going to age me a bit, but I remember days where me and a bunch of friends would go exploring our neighborhood. No adults, and we just be kids for hours on end. We'd go exploring paddocks, go on mad bike rides. Explore half the town. We'd do jump rope, and playstupid ball games. Now parents are so terrified of injury and bad things happening, the kids spend much of their time at home in front of the T.V or computer, and they don't get to burn of energy the way kids used to. It makes me sad. Fat kids are beyond cruel. Especially if they are under a certain age. Seriously they being set up for life time of pain, misery and early death.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

School uniforms are the norm here so I don't see what the big deal is. Kids don't get to wear what they want? Welcome to my childhood.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    eNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    School uniforms are the norm here so I don't see what the big deal is. Kids don't get to wear what they want? Welcome to my childhood.
    there are no national standards for almost anything education related in North America. In nyc most of the schools have a strict dress code, for example. but some schools have barely any bit of a policy about what to wear... and i had a uniform until high school so i dont see a big deal. they'll get used to it, there are lots of studies promoting the use of school uniforms for primary and secondary schooling in terms of its positive influence on student behavior

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    They should outlaw Crocs while they're at it.

Those things are so ugly, it's almost a sin.
    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I second this notion..
    Crocs are awesome! I hiked out of the Grand Canyon in mine, you fashionazis!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Crocs are awesome! I hiked out of the Grand Canyon in mine, you fashionazis!
    When I was in college, I had two or three pairs...one black, one hot pink...I think I may have had some orange ones at some point, but those were just too much.

They're like a more comfortable and supportive version of flip-flops, which I love to wear. I own several pairs of heels, but I'm typically running around in bare feet, flip flops or running shoes.

I think it's because I was in WV and with the colder weather flip-flops weren't as smart of an option, and I could even wear crocs with socks.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

the law by itself is not a big deal. in all frankness, it's kinda funny
    the underlining trend behind the law: the idea that the government has the right to dictate behavior based solely on the premise of social acceptability. HUGE deal
    Okay, I can see that for sure. But doesn't this only apply to minors while on public school grounds? The government OWNS public schools...which is why I advocate they create a law around public schools to also prevent things like coke machines and snack machines from being set up there to prevent childhood obesity.

NOW...if the government tries to interfere with what people do on their own time, as adults, or on private property (like how in CA they're trying to limit how many people you can have living in your house, and they can't and they'd better not), then that is a problem.

I'm not a communist by any means, fuck the police, but seriously public schools do have a right to enforce dress codes and nutrition programs, which are totally reasonable.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I do. I view it as child abuse past a certain point. These are REALLY EXTREME cases, too...like one girl was 12 and weighed 400 pounds. That kid could die young from that, that's a ridiculous amount of weight for an adult, let alone an adolescent.