User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: The CIA

Maybe some of the listings are biased, but I think the original source of the website was an insider at the State Department. I wouldn't put it past them re: the Trujillo assassination, considering other events that are 100% verified. Most of the events listed would have been considered conspiracy theory when they were actually happening. Over time, there have been numerous ex-insiders at the pentagon, state dept, etc that have come on record admitting this was true or leaked it to the press. Also much of the information became available through the Freedom of Information act. Just the mere existence of the School of Americas (School of Assassins), shows what our government has been up to for quite some time.

"In an official record of a White House meeting with Ford the next day, on January 4 1975, a rattled Henry Kissinger, the secretary of state and national security adviser, argues that the existence of the "family jewels" dossier, and its partial leaking, may turn into a major scandal -- with the FBI investigating the CIA.

What is happening is worse than in the days of McCarthy. You will end up with a CIA that does only reporting, not operations ... What Colby has done is a disgrace," Kissinger tells Ford. "All these stories are just the tip of the iceberg. If they come out, blood will flow. For example, Robert Kennedy [the former attorney general] personally managed the operation on the assassination of Castro."

The minutes state that the CIA "plotted the assassination of some foreign leaders including [Fidel] Castro, [Patrice] Lumumba [Democratic Republic of Congo] and [Rafael] Trujillo [Dominican Republic]."

I actually got into an argument with a history professor about the overthrow of Mossadegh, which of course led to him calling me a conspiracy theorist.

Wish I could have sent him this back then... you can't get much better than a former secretary of state admitting it on camera..

YouTube - Madeleine Albright apologized Iranians for U.S misconduct

It's surprising that people find this stuff so hard to swallow. The Reagan administration gets caught selling cocaine and arms to fund death squads in Central America, to avoid Congressional approval; yet the public is still surprised we did all these other nasty things (or are lied too about WMDs as a pretense to invade).

Oh found this other link that has a much more comprehensive listing of sources, as well as more detail in their explanations.

American Hegemony - A Timeline

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Aside:

Ray McGovern is my hero. I got to meet him last year.

YouTube - Welcome to Catastrophe

I'll collect my thoughts and post more later.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Of course if you want to read something really scary you can just read some of these documents and then observe what is blacked out

The CIA definitley had a role in the coup in Chile- that alone makes me suspicious of them in some ways
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Default Propaganda Against Australia

This is an example of bad propaganda because it is implausible because the Prime Minister, Gough Whitlam, had repeatedly said and written that the United States nor its agent, the CIA, had anything to do with the Dissolution of Parliament. And so does any Australian Historian.

And it is bizarre that the Dissolution of Parliament is described as archaic and never-used law, when the Queen has been Dissolving parliaments for almost sixty years.

And rather than the Australian public being stunned, we went to an Election the moment Parliament was Dissolved, as the Constitution requires, and we completey rejected Gough Whitlam and his Party and democratically elected his opponent, the Leader of the Opposition, Malcolm Fraser and the Liberal Party.

But what is important is that the propaganda is bad not because it is false but because it is implausilble.

Which of course casts doubt on the rest of it.

So, please, please - a bit of sympathy for the propagandists. They get a very bad press and no sympathy or undersanding.

A fair go, a fair go for propagandists.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Aside:

Ray McGovern is my hero. I got to meet him last year.

YouTube - Welcome to Catastrophe

I'll collect my thoughts and post more later.
    Wow, thanks for this link, Nemo! Definitely worth watching. (He seems INTP.)
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Random useless piece of interest...

Whilst reading through some roleplay material (that stuff so often based on fantasy and conspiracy theory) I read about a Project MKUltra. Imagine my surprise when I found out that it apparently was a CIA project at one point. Jinkies

Oh and gun nut foot note:-
    The CIA once produced a single round gun which was made to look identical to a cigar. Fired a low velocity .44 if memory serves.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Oh and gun nut foot note:-
    The CIA once produced a single round gun which was made to look identical to a cigar. Fired a low velocity .44 if memory serves.
    That sounds like one of Q's inventions. The CIA are such plagiarists.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    That sounds like one of Q's inventions. The CIA are such plagiarists.
    The most impressive spy gun I saw was the briefcase gun. Take one submachinegun and mount it in a briefcase. Now give it a port to fire out of and mount the trigger in the handle of the briefcase.

Not sure if it was an actual spy idea or just an H&K accessory though.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?