User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Because that's why we elect presidents, right? To inflict despair on large portions of the population.
    I said suicide... despair is for pansies!
    Ground control to Major Tom

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Because that's why we elect presidents, right? To inflict despair on large portions of the population.
    Yeah, I'm also pretty sure that's not how INFJs think.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah, I'm also pretty sure that's not how INFJs think.
    Not that you'd know one if you met one.
    Ground control to Major Tom

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think a big difference here is that Clinton really had it way easier than Obama does. My suspicion, though difficult to prove, is that under pressure like this, Bill Clinton (and perhaps Hillary then) would compromise more than Obama.

I understand what you mean by that, and it occurred to me in the shower last night, lol. When the recession first hit, Obama's first priority had to be to keep the economy from sinking further to prevent a great depression. Also, there was the war to consider. In the beginning of Obama's presidency, I thought that the people who were expecting Obama to be some kind of miracle worker were just acting like big children...he's the president, not Santa Claus.

It's only as his presidency has wore on that I have come to believe that he is now making too many compromises.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Not that you'd know one if you met one.
    I know several real INFJs.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I understand what you mean by that, and it occurred to me in the shower last night, lol. When the recession first hit, Obama's first priority had to be to keep the economy from sinking further to prevent a great depression. Also, there was the war to consider. In the beginning of Obama's presidency, I thought that the people who were expecting Obama to be some kind of miracle worker were just acting like big children...he's the president, not Santa Claus.

It's only as his presidency has wore on that I have come to believe that he is now making too many compromises.
    Some idea has emerged somehow that crises requires compromise. It's mainly a Democratic idea, since when the Republicans were in power they never stopped reminding us that we had a crisis (some imaginary) and that this meant we needed leadership, not compromise. How the Democrats got this idea, I don't exactly know, but it sure as hell wasn't around when FDR was.

The magnitude of the current crises makes this misconception as critical as it could be. To analogize it, Obama has presided over the Vietnam conflict and the great depression at the same time.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Boy do I have a lot to aspire for.
    Welp, on that we can agree.

The primaries should be exciting.

Although given the current field, I'm still not convinced that Obama is as vulnerable in 2012 as many think.

In 2016 and 2020 however, I think y'all are screwed.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Welp, on that we can agree.
    The primaries should be exciting.
    Although given the current field, I'm still not convinced that Obama is as vulnerable in 2012 as many think.
    In 2016 and 2020 however, I think y'all are screwed.
    this is one of the few elections I'm actually going to be paying attention to and voting in. if Ron Paul wins the primaries, we have a chance to change history and really get our finances back on track
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

@DiscoBiscuit, who will you vote for?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    @DiscoBiscuit, who will you vote for?
    I'd vote for Romney, but I'd be more happy about doing so if he had Rubio running with him.

Although I have a persisting opinion about Romney and Perry.

I'll put it this way...

Romney is like a piece of perfectly cooked and seasoned cardboard.

Delicious and palatable but at the end of the day still cardboard.

(Romney hasn't been able to mount very strong electoral campaigns despite being a very attractive candidate)

Perry is like a piece of steak burnt to a crisp.

Substantive, but it tastes like crap.

(Perry has never lost and election, but has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth, and has scared off much of the Republican fundraising base, and intelligentsia)

Perry's folksy conservatism may fly in a race for Texas Governor, but that's amateur ball. The presidential election is major league, and everything you do is under a microscope. Perry is hot at the moment, but I don't think he has the experience, or the personal restraint to stand the long haul test of a presidential election.

I've been talking to several people from the Bush era White House, and to be perfectly honest, Perry has been stepping on a lot of toes from the Bush era.

His mouth will sink him.

If Romney picks up Rubio, that would go a long way to alleviate his weaknesses as a candidate. Rubio's star is quickly on the rise, he's an incredible public speaker, and publicly popular.

In my opinion a Romney Rubio ticket would have the best chance of of knocking Obama out of the White House.

Romney's legislative history can appeal to the middle (Romneycare anyone) to gain the independents Obama is so stridently jockeying for. He has a built in fundraising machine that is already well oiled. Rubio can electrify the base that would yawn at Romney's big tent conservatism (Rubio ran with the tea party). Rubio can create the spectacle that people look for in a presidential race with his public speaking. He also gives the ticket a lot of electoral traction within the ever growing and influential latino vote.

Out of all the possible parings for a conservative ticket, Romney/Rubio is the closest thing to a silver bullet we've got, and would give us the best chance to take back the White House in 2012.